• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
mach2infinity
mach2infinity

Sergeant

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:01

Typically I like to get myself involved in awkward and difficult projects, but they wouldn't challenge nor stimulate me otherwise. I'm creating a new alien model from scratch and I want to get the right head shape. Here's my reference material:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've tried creating a sphere (X, Y and Z values are 0.5 with vertical and horizontal segments set to 40) but I need to warp it to get that sort of almond type shape (with the odd imperfections/kinks). I tried using the space warp feature from the edit menu but that just crashes my O², so I don't know whether it'll create the desired effect or not. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thank you.
ASUS Sabertooth X79 ¦ Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz ¦ Corsair H100i CPU Cooler ¦ Patriot Divsion 4 Viper Xtreme 16GB ¦ Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD ¦ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SSD ¦ Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 ¦ Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer ¦ Fractal Design Define R4 ¦ Logitech G11 & G400 ¦ Windows 7 64-bit.

Once formed share your idea ...

mach2infinity
mach2infinity

Sergeant

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:11

Here's what I've done with Blender so far (which I much prefer to Oxygen 2 if I'm honest):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The human head is the bysta.p3d model from BI's examples models.
ASUS Sabertooth X79 ¦ Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz ¦ Corsair H100i CPU Cooler ¦ Patriot Divsion 4 Viper Xtreme 16GB ¦ Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD ¦ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SSD ¦ Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 ¦ Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer ¦ Fractal Design Define R4 ¦ Logitech G11 & G400 ¦ Windows 7 64-bit.

Once formed share your idea ...