Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Bravo November - ZA718 (Chinook)

Bravo November - ZA718 v1.1 Release

*Requires Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations.

Bravo November - The only Chinook to make it off the Atlantic Conveyor before an Exocet missile sunk the Cargo Ship along with its Cargo which was 3 Chinooks. It was was bound for the Falkland Islands in 1982. Since 1982 it has served in the Falkland Islands, Lebanon, Germany, Northern Ireland, Kurdistan, Iraq and Afghanistan. The aircraft has seen four of its pilots awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for actions whilst in command of Bravo November. She's has been refitted and upgraded numerous times during its service in the British Armed Forces. There are few parts of the original aircraft that survive today though the "main fuselage, the manufacturer's data plate in the cockpit and the RAF’s serial number ZA718 clearly emblazoned on the rear of the aircraft remain ever present. Bravo November has had a troubled past, one of which was on a night mission in the Falklands when pilot Squadron Leader Dick Langworthy and his co-pilot Flight Lieutenant Andy Lawless, descended after losing visibility in a thick snow shower, hitting the sea at around 100 knots (175 km/h) due to a faulty altimeter. The impact threw up spray that flooded the engine intakes but Langworthy and his copilot managed to get the helicopter back in the air even with one door missing it later got an Argentinian door and it still has it today. In 2010, Bravo November was involved in another incident while on service in Afghanistan when pilot Flight Lieutenant Ian Fortune was hit by a ricochet from a bullet fired by Taliban fighters during an extraction of injured soldiers. Flt Lt Fortune landed the helicopter in a "hot zone" that was under heavy Taliban fire. After landing the aircraft was hit numerous times, one round ricocheted and hit Fortune's helmet at the attaching point for the Night Vision Google's (NVG's) and smashed the visor. He stayed in control of the aircraft and continued to rescue his wounded colleagues and land his damaged helicopter. For his actions he was awarded the fourth Distinguished Flying Cross in the history of the aircraft.

BN1.JPEG

BN3.JPEG

BN2.JPEG

BN4.JPEG

Mirrors:

*Requires Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations.

Edited by konyo
v1.1 Mirrors Added

First!!! Great looking mod. Will download tommorow. (Its 8:00 in the night here and I am just back from a weekend Army Cadets camp. (had to do night dutie from 3:30am to 4:30am lol!!!)

Great work buddy

Armaholic Informed.

Thanks, Jeza

Thanks for sending us the release (sorry Jeza, you are to slow ;) )

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for Mirror, i bet you to it Jeza but thanks anyway :)

noticed a bug didnt see any mounted weapons or have options to use them.not sure if the winch is sapossed to work or not but didnt see it working.

note that i was running ace when i tryed the unit.but good mod nun th less

Edited by Staff Sergeant Bush

two bugs.. Says get into gunner seat but there is no gunner,Second scroll wheel is in for manual fire. other then that and having not one side mounted gun ..Great mod flys like a dream

There are no mounted weapons, that was a mistake in the readme, I've updated my pbo on my mirror and hopefully Armaholic will update it too. Also the get in gunner is just for co-pilot. Have to find a way to make it say get in co-pilot. & the winch is just for show at the moment. Plans are to have it working in future update :D

Thanks Miller for the Mirror :)

Edited by konyo

Sweet :) and i just dropped er down in the water dropped ramp down and pulled up.didn't get stuck in the water..you have no idea how much that makes me happy :))))

Sweet :) and i just dropped er down in the water dropped ramp down and pulled up.didn't get stuck in the water..you have no idea how much that makes me happy :))))

Ohh really, i didnt know as i didnt do that much testing :P but whey :D

Cool mod i downloaded it and it was epicness :D

and i saw that it looks a bit like the mh-47g (special operation version of the Chinook) and i thought that it would be cool if you would consider making a mh-47g.

anyway good looking model 10/10 * good job :D

Cool mod i downloaded it and it was epicness :D

and i saw that it looks a bit like the mh-47g (special operation version of the Chinook) and i thought that it would be cool if you would consider making a mh-47g.

anyway good looking model 10/10 * good job :D

I could do In future, possibly. It's a lot of work re modeling the side of the Chinook and re-texturing it to a black texture, then adding the fuel probe and re modeling the noise to make it pointed & adding door gun again lol.

So possibly, no promises though.

would it be possible if i tried to make a reskin on it? thought i would ask worth a shot

I could do In future, possibly. It's a lot of work re modeling the side of the Chinook and re-texturing it to a black texture, then adding the fuel probe and re modeling the noise to make it pointed & adding door gun again lol.

So possibly, no promises though.

Okay cool thanks for considering it i'll hope you'll do it, ti would be awesome thanks again :D

would it be possible if i tried to make a reskin on it? thought i would ask worth a shot

Re-skin for this addon? Or to make it into a colour for a MH-47G?

Also the get in gunner is just for co-pilot. Have to find a way to make it say get in co-pilot.

Pretty easy to do:

class Turrets: Turrets
   {
     class MainTurret: MainTurret
     {
       gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\weapons\optika_empty";
       gunnerName = "Co-Pilot";
       weapons[] = {"FakeWeapon"};
       magazines[] = {};
     };
   };

Pretty easy to do:

{
     {
       gunnerName = "Co-Pilot";
       magazines[] = {};
     };
   };

Thank you W0lle :)

Pretty easy to do:

{
     {
       gunnerName = "Co-Pilot";
       magazines[] = {};
     };
   };

Whenever I try this, it gives me BS about "undefined base class 'turrets'".

Works here, else I wouldn't have posted it.

Complete config as I have it is here.