Name: Multiplayer Slingload
Developer: _neo_ aka neokika
Credits: Osmo for feedback and testing
Download: Multiplayer Slingload - Example Mission
- This script will allow you to Slingload objects such as people and cars in an on-line game.
How does it work?
- Using some very simple JIP and Multiplayer scripting techniques rope simulation in multiplayer becomes possible, running locally on each machine, while being JIP aware.
- Only AI units can be slingloaded
- Any object can be slingloaded
- To add more object classes that can be slingloaded add them at "scripts\NEO_slingload\sl_action.sqf" - Line 3 - Carefull here, there are some non-physics aware objects, that if you drop them in air they wont fall, so take this into account when adding more
- These set of script will also add action to choppers screens, adding the possibility to see the Hook camera and or Fastrope camera that are syncronized over the network (If one players turn it on, others see it - Including JIP) - There may be also random things happening on this part, but I'm working on fixing this
- There is also the Fastrope available that allows players to fastrope out of the Medium and Heavy Choppers (This is a custom fastrope, not default one, so the players wont actually be attach to the rope)
- Take into account, that if a chopper does not have a Hook, you cant sling load, if your chopper does not have a Winch you cant fast rope, if it does not have a FLIR screen you cant turn it on etc, so you have to manually add these yourself, this way, you can have a mission that some choppers have these and others not, while if you add these parts at mid mission, they will get the actions again
- You can drop/pull your Hook (Slingload) rope by pressing the "StepOver" action and attach/detach a cargo to rope using "Binocular" action
Note this is just an example, adding all AIR objects to run the script (Since in example mission I only have choppers)
(allMissionObjects "Air") execVM "scripts\NEO_slingload\sl_init.sqf";
- Latest Version
Edited by neokika, 01 November 2012 - 10:15 PM.