Then I heard that Arma 2: Oparation Arrowhead had less bugs, better performance and better gameplay, so I gave it a try and brought it.
I played some of the singleplayer missions and tutorials to be familiar with the changes before I went to play the multiplayer missions,
noticed a bug in the armour and UAV tutorial too. But I just ignored the bugs and continued.
But as soon I join any multplayer server the screen goes black and a text in the middle says "Joining game..." (that is normal from my experience with Arma 2),
but after about 5 seconds I get kicked back to the server browser with a popup window that says "Connection Failed.". This happens in Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.
I have tried everything I could from searching on forums. Here is the list of what I tried:
- Tried the steps on the Troubleshooting wiki Here:
- Run CMD as administrator and type "netsh winsock reset" and restart the computer
- Boot the computer in safe mode and remove the device "HTTP" (Could't find the other devices in the list)
- Join a server with a green circle
- Port forward port 2302, 2303 2305 and open them in my routers firewall
- Run Steam as administrator
- Run Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrohead as administrator
- Restart my router and try to enable/disable uPnP
- Add Steam and Arma 2 folder and the Arma 2 processor in my Anti-virus exception list.
- Disable, turn off or exit my Anti-virus processor.
- Reinstall both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
- Enable/disable "Discard PING from WAN side" on my router
- Using steam to validate the game files
- Installed via Steam
- Happens in Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
- I can play any other multiplayer games just fine
- I could play Arma 2 Multplayer without any problems about a month ago.
- My router is D-Link DI-524
- I am currently trying with Arma 2 1.1 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 and join a server with the same version.
And, if you need more information. Including my router port setup, current Anti-virus programs, computer spec and uPnP device list; just ask.
Edited by Dwarden, 02 April 2012 - 14:58.