• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
bigmanoncampus
bigmanoncampus

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:39 #1

I m trying to start the 'The take down' mission but I need to refuel the heavy helicopter. How do I do this?
Currently I have tried walking up to the pump inbetween the two pads (Labeled AIR) buts no icon comes up to take an action.

Thanks

Jedra
Jedra

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2048 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:51 #2

I m trying to start the 'The take down' mission but I need to refuel the heavy helicopter. How do I do this?
Currently I have tried walking up to the pump inbetween the two pads (Labeled AIR) buts no icon comes up to take an action.

Thanks

You need to taxi the heavy a bit closer to the fuel pump - once you are closer the helo should start to refuel.
Jedra's Addons
Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

bigmanoncampus
bigmanoncampus

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:53 #3

You need to taxi the heavy a bit closer to the fuel pump - once you are closer the helo should start to refuel.

Thanks for the quick response. How do I taxi if the Helo wont start as it needs fuel. Is there a special command?

Jedra
Jedra

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2048 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:58 #4

That's a good point! Instead have you tried repairing the helo from the maintenance bench - I can't remember if this refuels it or not.
Jedra's Addons
Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

bigmanoncampus
bigmanoncampus

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:00 #5

Yes I've tried repairing it and still no fuel.

[EVO] Dan
[EVO] Dan

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:02 #6

Is there a towing tractor there? might be able to use that to pull it closer.
My custom missions:
TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistud...eration-Pegasus
TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistud...O-Convoy-Attack
A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistud...048#post2182048
Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistud...272#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

bigmanoncampus
bigmanoncampus

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:14 #7

Dan;2124130']Is there a towing tractor there? might be able to use that to pull it closer.

There are no other vehicles to do this.

Derbysieger
Derbysieger

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:19 #8

regarding taxiing: first release the wheelbrake (default rctrl+w which is really not optimal so I rebound it to a joystick button) then raise the collective a little. Heli should now start to roll forward.

Jedra
Jedra

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2048 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:31 #9

I just checked that mission again. It should start you in a position where the helicopter is refuelled. If after the mssion starts, I get out and then get in again, I get the 'refuelling' message.
Jedra's Addons

bigmanoncampus
bigmanoncampus

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:35 #10

regarding taxiing: first release the wheelbrake (default rctrl+w which is really not optimal so I rebound it to a joystick button) then raise the collective a little. Heli should now start to roll forward.

Thanks. That worked. How close do I need be to the pump? I pretty close already but still no icon to refuel. Has anyone else
run into this problem on this mission?
Thanks

Dogfactory
Dogfactory

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 16:46 #11

None of the above works for me, in the same mission. I have the message "now refueling" on forever. If I take off, after a minute it runs out and the helicopter crashes on the ground. Is it a bug?