• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
_qor
_qor

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 13:21

Is there any way to combine the contents of the Reinforcements Addon and the Arma2 Free Version?
Only thing I want to use are the contents of both in the editor.
Possible?

I already tried to add is this to the arma2 RFT.cfg:

class Mod4
{
dir="Arma2 Free";
name="Arma2 Free";
origin="REGISTRY";
fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free";
};
};

But when I start RFT, I just get:

"No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow".

and

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Or cant I add the Arma2 Free Files to my RFT?
If yes, which files and where to?

Edited by _qoR, 19 March 2012 - 13:28.

Darkhorse 1-6
Darkhorse 1-6

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3099 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 17:11

Reinforcements is an addon for Operation Arrowhead, it doesn't work for vanilla ArmA 2, or ArmA 2 Free.

Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now

Oh, almighty w0lle, grant this pilgrim safe passage through the craggy mountain passes of modding, and let him not be crushed by a boulder. If he should need a helping hand, let him find help on the forum from gnat or some other person.

_qor
_qor

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 17:15

simple question: why?

dm
dm

Major

• Members
  • 7876 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 17:18

simple answer: because

well you are 1 of the greatest examples that pressing the reply button doesn't mean necessarily answering.

Darkhorse 1-6
Darkhorse 1-6

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3099 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:26

If they let you use Reinforcements with A2F, why would you buy Operation Arrowhead? In my opinion, A2F is a mistake. Yes it brought a bunch of new people into the game, but BIS seems to have overestimated how many people would be willing to buy the full A2, OA, or CO. I know of several clans who started for just A2, made the mistake of running just vanilla, and ended up with most if not all of their new members only having A2F, and most of them not willing to shell out the $15 (I think thats how much one steam sale lowered it to?) to $30 for the full game.

Anyways, Reinforcements is a DLC for Operation Arrowhead only. If you want to use it, you will need to either buy standalone Arrowhead, or Combined Ops.

Maybe it's that the OFP era community has retired and the CoD community era has begun? Demanding 12 year olds who must have something now

Oh, almighty w0lle, grant this pilgrim safe passage through the craggy mountain passes of modding, and let him not be crushed by a boulder. If he should need a helping hand, let him find help on the forum from gnat or some other person.

.kju -PvPscene-
.kju -PvPscene-

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 12275 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 18:42

Yes you can. Check this: http://community.bis...Operations_Lite

Current active projects: None :(

Maintained/assisted projects: IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

foxhound
foxhound

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 11365 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 20:07

Reinforcements is a DLC for Operation Arrowhead only. If you want to use it, you will need to either buy standalone Arrowhead, or Combined Ops.

Wrong!

Arma 2: Reinforcements is a standalone expansion pack to Arma 2. It does not require the original Arma 2 or Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

Just thought I should point that out.
Source: http://www.arma2.com/rft
Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com
Posted Image
Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?