Jedra's (not so) Mini Time-Trial Pack
You will find in total eleven Time Trials in this pack. There are five for the light chopper, five for the medium chopper and one for the heavy chopper. The light and the medium trials are essentially the same. The difference being that you can't throw a medium chopper around like a light chopper!
JEDTT01 - City Break
JEDTT02 - Dances with fish
JEDTT03 - Going to the Game
JEDTT04 - I don't like Mondays
JEDTT05 - A bridge far too far
JEDTT06 - City Break
JEDTT07 - Dances with fish
JEDTT08 - Going to the Game
JEDTT09 - I don't like Mondays
JEDTT10 - A bridge far too far
JEDTT11 - Rolling, Rolling, Rolling *latest Take On Helicopters patch needed as you'll need the 'rolling landing ability'!
Download from my server
The missions load as a mod and in the downloaded rar, once unpacked, you will find a folder called @JedraMissions. Copy this to you Take On Helicopters root folder. Launch the mod with the "-mod=@JedraMissions" switch.
Once loaded you will find them with the rest of your Time Trials in Single Player/Time Trials
If you like them, I might make some more - so please give some feedback if you can spare the time.
Please note - I am not the best pilot in the world, so the bronze silver and gold times may either be too easy or too hard. I basically made the gold time a few seconds quicker than I could do it, just to give those with more skills than me a better challenge. If you think I should change the times then please let me know!
I hope you enjoy this little addon!
Lot's of changes this time....
- Added six new time-trials (five medium and one heavy).
- The heavy time trial makes use of the rolling landing/takeoff/taxi ability of wheel equiped choppers (or should if you do it right!).
- I have automatically switched on the Landing Lights in the 'I don't like Mondays' time trials - gives you more of a fighting chance.
- I have fixed an errant checkpoint in the 'A bridge far too far' mission.
- Added three new liveries. One each for the light, medium and heavy. They are available in the editor under Light [brushed steel], medium [brushed steel] and heavy [brushed steel]. I think I may have given them an Emergency Services parent class - don't know why! Nothing graphically stunning here - I am just playing around.
- The expansions menu is now properly laid out for this addon.
- Made a lot of the paa files smaller (although with the liveries the package is bigger than it was).
- Finally solved the 'world peace' issue.
- Discovered the meaning to life, the universe and everything.
- Drank lots of coffee, and then tea when I ran out of coffee.
A note on "I don't like Mondays" - this is somewhat experimental and is extremely challenging. Full credit for the lighting script goes to sparcdr and the full script can be found in this post. It adds a little twist to the Time Trial experience!
You will find a folder in the download which contains my source missions. These are the missions I build to layout the time trial before converting them into a time trial config. This will make more sense once DnA produces his time trial guide - I have added them so you all have everything I used to build the trials. The source files are not needed to install the mod - they are just for your reference!
Edited by Jedra, 08 March 2012 - 01:45.
Added new time trials.