Photo
- - - - -

What else can I do to make ARMA 2 OA run smoothly?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
Tzuridis
Tzuridis

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:52 #1

8 core 3.6 ghz
8 gig ram
gtx 450 1 gb

I figured my computer could handle this game quite well. One thing I have noticed that even if I drop the video settings the from low or high I only lose like 2-5 fps. But that doesnt matter when I get only 15-30 fps. What is causing my pc to not run this game correctly? I already use these tweaks:

running as an administrator (I turned this off from CP)
nosplash -cpucount=8 -exThreads=7
Post-processing to Low
VSYNC OFF
rendered frames ahead
Game process priority - Set it on High
Closed open background windows
Updated latest drivers

larsiano
larsiano

Banned

• 821 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:20 #2

My old GTX285 had the same framerate @1920x1200pix so i just swapped it for a GTX580 and all is better now. How many "rendered frames ahead" you have? This seems to make quite the differance when it comes to performance im using 1 or maybe try 3 and 5. Also try the "performance mode and single display prio mode" in the NV driver config.

Did you know about the : New features: FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode, user-definable memory allocators, new scripting commands, new commandline options
Posted Image

domokun
domokun

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1983 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44 #3

Try these settings and let us know how you get on

foxhound
foxhound

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 13374 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 19:22 #4

There are many stickies with info about this which you can also use to ask this question:

- ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues
- Operation Arrowhead performance optimizations/comparisons
- ArmaHolic ArmA 2 Optimization
Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Developer/publisher policy of modding:
Stolen some work from others? Ported some content from another game? Feel like uploading something which is not yours or breaches someones IP or copyright? Head over to the Stolen Work Support and knock yourself out.
They happily support your activeties and will even proudly share all this questionable content through their social channels making you a famous boy......