Photo
- - - - -

Community Nutritional Information

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: We've got some fresh info to share - how'd you like to see it presented? (214 member(s) have cast votes)

We've got some fresh info to share - how'd you like to see it presented?

1. Dev Blogs (132 votes [61.68%])

Percentage of vote: 61.68%

2. Report In (40 votes [18.69%])

Percentage of vote: 18.69%

3. Community Q&As (16 votes [7.48%])

Percentage of vote: 7.48%

4. Behind the Scenes (20 votes [9.35%])

Percentage of vote: 9.35%

5. Other (please specify) (6 votes [2.80%])

Percentage of vote: 2.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote
royaltyinexile
royaltyinexile

BI Developer

• 758 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:22

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello, Community!

Original Post:
Spoiler

Ok, everyone, thanks for the feedback!

I think it's pretty clear how you'd like to see our splendid pieces of information distributed. We plan to kick things off soon, with a short blog about our goals for 2012: how we'll plan to involve the community in our development, where we'll be showcasing our game, and what this all means for Project Splendid.

The recent news regarding the shift in our release date was a little rogue, so we'd like to Take control of the situation, and define things a little more clearly. Also, screenshots, yes.

Thanks again for your involvement and thoughts!

Best,
RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile, 16 February 2012 - 10:21.
some examples

Arma 3 is a combined arms military game with an infantry focus. Built upon appropriate, useful and engaging elements of simulation, it's an accessible platform for a variety of official and community playable/sandbox content, based on the principles of authenticity, diversity and opportunity.

Dans son oeil, ciel livide où germe l'ouragan,
La douceur qui fascine et le plaisir qui tue.

Steakslim
Steakslim

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2020 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:28

Don't suppose we can have high res versions of those 6 images could we?

purepassion
purepassion

• 4358 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:40

Posted Image

I.... I... I have no idea :D

In this stage it would propably better to pack the stuff in "report in" and "behind the scenes" format as the things are changing a lot.
However once some features are at the stages where they stay and get polished, some more indepth "dev blogs" would be perfect.

So atm I would vote for "report in"

thanks a lot for this opportunity and yes indeed a large troll version would be splendid ;)

Edited by PurePassion, 10 February 2012 - 18:08.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

royaltyinexile
royaltyinexile

BI Developer

• 758 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:40

Don't suppose we can have high res versions of those 6 images could we?

Eventually®, yes.

Some of these images will form part of a future package of screenshots, so must remain as a taste of what's to come for now. :)

Best,
RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile, 10 February 2012 - 13:51.

Arma 3 is a combined arms military game with an infantry focus. Built upon appropriate, useful and engaging elements of simulation, it's an accessible platform for a variety of official and community playable/sandbox content, based on the principles of authenticity, diversity and opportunity.

LockJaw-65-
LockJaw-65-

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:45

I think report in is best at the moment.

smurf
smurf

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3671 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:48

Posted Image

Report In for me. Or Dev Blog, but far from Lord Butcha, otherwise the devs may feel intimidated to speak ....wait for it... ALL THE THINGS!

Edited by Smurf, 10 February 2012 - 13:52.

Lao Fei Mao
Lao Fei Mao

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:01

Behind the scene, pls!

Maio
Maio

• 2964 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:08

I say a monthtly podcast that has the same format as the report in's with developers from different departments would be nice. This should save you some time.
You could share photos and videos via micro dev blogs.
Organize a Q&A after the game turns gold and couple it with a behind the scene for the ultimate behind the scenes salad.

tonci87
tonci87

Colonel

• Members
  • 9552 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:21

Were is the "all of it" button?
Dev Blogs give the player an insight on how things work, wich is very interesting.
Report in does basically the same.
Community Q&A is something fantastic
And everybody wnat to know whats going on behind the scenes because you see the Devs working on the game.

Everything is interesting!

P.S.: Those Screens are amazing!

PPS: High Res Please? Want Wallpaper!
Posted Image Master of testing for a better Arma and well, for science.
Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI . Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. More Civilian assets. Females. Weapon resting. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have.

Colossus
Colossus

Notorious TINY title gang member

• Members
  • 3857 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:22

Posted Image

Glorious day!

EDIT: Posted that before I noticed there was no high res pictures. Can we have? Answered

To answer the question, though - I prefer the good old Dev Blogs method. I'd find that I like to hear the in-depth technical side of a feature. Why it was choosen, complications, the road ahead ... anything really. A good developer lies in its attention to details. That and pictures of course :)

Edited by colossus, 10 February 2012 - 14:32.

When was the last time anyone checked that we abide by the signatures rules?

NkEnNy
NkEnNy

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Members
  • 919 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:26

Why not settle for a little bit of everything? Personally what I enjoy the most when following projects is consistency. As the ACE mod and the beta releases have so ably proven, this gives me something to come back to regularly-- even if I don't have time to play just now. Pick a date or day; then follow up with periodic updates along the lines you first set forth. Don't worry about pimping the reports either. This community understands you are busy actually working and not just messing about the forums.

I guess that puts me on the Report In/devblog side of the fence.

-k
ARMA 2 Mission packs:LITE Coop mission package + LIMA coop mission package (ACE + ACRE) + More ACE + ACRE missions. + Aliabad coop Mission Package+ Fireforce Takistan
ARMA 3 Mission packs:Fourplay Coop Mission Pack OUTDATED
Kill things, break stuff. Repeat as necessary.

frostwyrm333
frostwyrm333

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:30

so so... hidden pic http://www.arma3.com...ling/tiny_7.jpg
other then that, awesome. Also I would probably like dev blogs, detailed information about stuff, I dont like QA, cause ppl ask stupid questions. Its better to let devs talk about what they want.
screens - BLOOM, its good they are tiny, otherwise my eyes would dry and fall out, nice detailed terrain textures (who knows with this res), giant radar thing on pic 3, obligatory red explosion-lit grass, nice

Papanowel
Papanowel

Flashpacker

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:46

I would prefer to get news from Dev blogs + twitter.

Derbysieger
Derbysieger

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 15:04

Devblog or Report In.

And please, high res versions of those screens. They're amazing!

przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 15:08

Some of these images will form part of a future package of screenshots, so must remain as a taste of what's to come for now. :)

PPS: High Res Please? Want Wallpaper!

And please, high res versions of those screens. They're amazing!

Anyone else?

metalcraze
metalcraze

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5157 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 15:15

Dev blogs and Community Q&As

I'm sure I'm not the only guy who wants to hear negative answers from BIS to the question of ArmA3 being dumbed down to sleep better at night
ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Guess two years post-release aren't enough to make ArmA3 at least half as dumbed down.

SWAT_BigBear
SWAT_BigBear

SWAT IGG

• Members
  • 1806 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 16:08

I picked Report In, but the choices are so 90's and txting wasn't an option. :P
Cya in the CrossHairs Kill Zone!

Spoiler

royaltyinexile
royaltyinexile

BI Developer

• 758 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 16:16

I picked Report In, but the choices are so 90's and txting wasn't an option. :P

:D I think that might have been covered in 'other'..? Just page me your ideas and I'll update our mySpace profile about it.

Anyone else?

and...

Plus, we've never been a fan of hi-res screenshots. :butbut:

Why not settle for a little bit of everything?

Yup, that's most certainly the plan, but it's always good to know what the most preferred options are :) for example, we might end up with 3 Report In's and only one Q&A, etc, etc.

Best,
RiE.

Maio
Maio

• 2964 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 16:22

I still think you guys should do podcasts now and then. It's good to hear the voices behind the 0's and 1's

cyclonictuna
cyclonictuna

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 16:26

I really like the behind the scenes stuff. But If its updated regulary, Report In blogs will also be lovely. :)