kylania
kylania

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8281 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 16:09

Take On: Hinds! Go buy it now!

Posted Image

• Range of Hind Variants - Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind models included.
  • Realistic Sound Effects - Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail.
  • Paint Schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.
  • Time Trials - Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - New adversarial scenarios available over LAN or Internet; battle it out against other Hind teams.
  • Military Content - Expanded military content of all sorts: weapons, vehicles and static objects.
  • Retractable Landing Gear - Functional wheels, wheel brakes and manual retracting.
  • Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

Blow up Seattle as the Russians! :)

Edited by kylania, 09 February 2012 - 16:31.

[EVO] Dan
[EVO] Dan

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1269 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 16:12

Might be good for training on gunships ready for A3. Might consider buying it when it comes out/I get some money.
My custom missions:
TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistud...eration-Pegasus
TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistud...O-Convoy-Attack
A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistud...048#post2182048
Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistud...272#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

.kju -PvPscene-
.kju -PvPscene-

Brigadier General

• Members
  • 12275 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 16:24

Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

This sounds interesting. Hope we see improvement over the simple tab lock system.
Manual guidance by the gunner is the way to go!

The Hind is certainly an excellent addition - personally I like to see TKOH open up to non Civilian gameplay.
But remember the game is so flexible to support both / many different ways to play it alongside just fine.

Our team's pilot likes to do EVAC or HOT insert missions most. :)

Current active projects: None :(

Maintained/assisted projects: IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

_michal
_michal

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 16:26

Awesome! Can't wait.

Papanowel
Papanowel

Flashpacker

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 February 2012 - 16:42

I would like to know what they mean by "Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles."?

MadDogX
MadDogX

Mindless F@nb0!

• 9050 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 17:09

Pre-ordered of course. This is gonna be legen... wait for it...

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

Colossus
Colossus

Notorious TINY title gang member

• Members
  • 3857 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 17:31

Who do I need to buy a pivo for to get this as a ArmA 2* or ArmA 3 DLC as well? :sigh:
Regardless, I'm ordering. I love the Hind :pet5:

*(the sounds and Super Hind that is)

Edited by colossus, 09 February 2012 - 18:00.

When was the last time anyone checked that we abide by the signatures rules?

icebreakr
icebreakr

Captain

• Members
  • 6207 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 17:56

*fap*fap*fap* <sound of rotor>

IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

OUT NOW for A3: Isla Duala 3.35 | Island Panthera v3.1
WIP: Isla Abramia, Lingor, Tonal Legend, Isla Balkania, Keystone, Jade Groove 3, Ibis World, Rowalla.

sigbif.jpg

Serclaes
Serclaes

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 18:16

Pre-ordered of course. This is gonna be legen... wait for it...

DARY!

:P

This system with DLCs and other games to make every game profit from each other turns out to be pretty awesome. Wecanhazrallysimulator next?

abs
abs

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2427 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 18:18

I just bought the bundle today because I heard about the expansion. Can't wait to play it! :D

Abs
My Projects:
Posted Image
RHS Contributor | Former ONS Member | Former W'39 Member
I will not be taking part in the contest, but I support it 100%! Great idea, BIS!

Raxlly_CZ
Raxlly_CZ

Private First Class

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 19:57

Paint Schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship.

I hope that there will also be the 221st Attack Helicopter Squadron camouflage of the Czech Air Force:war:
Spoiler

Posted Image

dirty haz
dirty haz

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 20:23

Def gonna get this, looks awesome.

islesfan186
islesfan186

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 20:45

I don't have TOH but I might get it just to get this....
hopefully they do a Take On: Apache as well. That would be epic!

Mr. Charles
Mr. Charles

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1837 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 21:14

I only say this much: ZEPPPPPPEEEEEERRRRRRRRR
Posted Image

metalcraze
metalcraze

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5157 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 21:50

No SP campaign? :<

Because it's too pricey for just skins and detailed cockpits
ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Guess two years post-release aren't enough to make ArmA3 at least half as dumbed down.

becubed
becubed

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 22:21

One painted like this would be cool.

SamB
SamB

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 22:31

Gonna buy it so we get more DLC. BiS- how about Huey, and SAR: Medevac'ish campain?:D
SamB
Posted Image
"They came in low and hot, close to the trees and dropped their tail in a flare, rocked forward and we raced for the open doorways (...)"
Mike Ryerson: The Man in the Doorway

jibemorel
jibemorel

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 22:39

Please BIS stick in the Takistan or preferably Chernarus map for those who don't have Arma, it's smaller + more place to hi(n)de then better for adversarial scenarios.

nodunit
nodunit

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4354 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 23:01

Depends on how detailed the cockpit is and what you can do with it, if for example Mi-24 weapon and visual systems are controlled by clicking switches in the cockpit and Mi-35 is done via MPD button, and the visual systems would be displayed in said screens then I'd have no issue forking over 20 someodd for that and a new weapon system plus the ability to turn what was for the most part a civilian game into a more military game.

Furthermore they released tools for us to add out own into TKOH before announcing this DLC so I'm more encouraged rather than feeling as though they would be denying modidng in order to squeeze the DLC savings. That said however technicly we have not yet seen these and as such I'll be waiting for purchase until we get some examples of how things look or behave with this.

SAbre4809
SAbre4809

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 23:21

SUPERHIND!, wow nice job BIS it looks good, finally a hind with a decent cannon. Those are INGWE missiles on there aswell :icon14: . Awesome even if the name is wrong, its just Superhind MkII, III, IV or V. Or Mi-24 Superhind, since most of them come from Mi-24s. Algeria and Azerbaijan are the only operators I know of.

This sounds interesting. Hope we see improvement over the simple tab lock system.
Manual guidance by the gunner is the way to go!

Well don't all Russian Hinds use SACLOS weapons which are commanded properly by gunner in Arma already(non-tab). For the Superhind, the INGWE is a SACLOS beam riding missile so should be no huge diff there. BUT they could give it the Mokopa, which is LOAL, LOBL with either Semi active laser, or Radar, or Imaging Infrared(So a like Hellfire and Javelin). It is also capable of using Hellfires aswell anyway. So maybe its in there.

Edited by SAbre4809, 09 February 2012 - 23:25.