Photo
- - - - -

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88738 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic
Dwarden
Dwarden

BI Developer

• 9654 posts

• LocationBrno, Czech Republic

Posted 27 January 2012 - 16:08 #1

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[88726] Fixed: Frequent client/server crashes in MP (when merging multipacket messages)

+ FXAAsharpen is now disabled for TI/NV views

step closer to stability :cool:

RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma...y_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD

armatech
armatech

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 16:09 #2

as soon as BE supports ill give it ago mate

metalcraze
metalcraze

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5157 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 16:29 #3

Hmm almost 500 builds and that's it?
ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Guess two years post-release aren't enough to make ArmA3 at least half as dumbed down.

NoRailgunner
NoRailgunner

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4688 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 17:30 #4

Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?
Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.

No Use For A Name
No Use For A Name

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1386 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 18:41 #5

Hmmm, over 2,000 posts and that's it?
Seems you'd have more constructive things to say but every time I see one of your posts it's pointless and demeaning.

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-922
MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
PSU: Corsair HX 750w
CPU: AMD FX 8320 Vishera @ 4.6 GHz
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair DDR3 1333
GPU: Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB
Display: 1920x1080
Audio: On-board AC'97 w/ Sony 5.1 surround

metalcraze
metalcraze

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5157 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 21:41 #6

If me asking what else is there but one fix in the log is pointless and demeaning why are you getting upset?
ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Guess two years post-release aren't enough to make ArmA3 at least half as dumbed down.

twirly
twirly

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 22:31 #7

Just noticed that when in the airport tower on Utes and looking through the glass... no smoke or explosions are visible. Just checked some other buildings and the same result....no smoke, fire or explosions visible when looking through window glass.

"Learn by doing!" - Quoted from a post by Imutep

OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - BLOWMIND!

CameronMcDonald
CameronMcDonald

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 00:06 #8

Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?
Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.

It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.

MadDogX
MadDogX

Mindless F@nb0!

• 9050 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 00:16 #9

Good stuff. :)

EDIT: Never mind. Was mistaken. The beta builds have been around much longer than I remembered.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

Muahaha
Muahaha

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:54 #10

It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.

If long burst causes the issue, changing the number of ai burst round will minimize the occurance of it and might also improve their accuracy as well right?

mr_centipede
mr_centipede

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1922 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:46 #11

Just noticed that when in the airport tower on Utes and looking through the glass... no smoke or explosions are visible. Just checked some other buildings and the same result....no smoke, fire or explosions visible when looking through window glass.

I can confirm that...

MavericK96
MavericK96

Zero Cool

• Members
  • 1883 posts

• LocationAnacortes, WA

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:57 #12

Could have been worded better, but interesting question...very large jump in build number.
Core i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz, HT on
16 GB G.Skill DDR3-2400
Asus Strix GTX 970 (OCed)
Samsung 830 Series 256 GB SSD
Windows 7 Pro x64

OMAC
OMAC

CWR² Mission Developer

• Members
  • 2109 posts

• LocationFirebase Zulu

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:37 #13

Looking through the glass in the control tower at the Loy Manara airport in Takistan, I can see smoke and explosions.

At Utes and Chernarus airports, no smoke or explosions visible.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/1903

Edited by OMAC, 28 January 2012 - 15:07.

CameronMcDonald
CameronMcDonald

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:34 #14

If long burst causes the issue, changing the number of ai burst round will minimize the occurance of it and might also improve their accuracy as well right?

Double-edged sword. The invisible bursts were introduced to give AI SAW/MG gunners an impression of realism (i.e. using discrete bursts of fire, rather than the old single-shot blamblamblamblam at-a-rate-slower-than-cyclic-but-faster-than-the-human-trigger-finger problem).

RobertHammer
RobertHammer

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4780 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:41 #15

Does anybody have some animation problems with recent betas? mean like in mission Tforce when one guy enters the vehicle to the cargo ,but second player sees that guy still outside of vehicle
and there is also other issue - in Tforce mission player is stuck in dead animation , he can play ,but second player see him as moving dead body - which is very weird

I have no idea how to repro these issues , so it will be nice if someone can repro it

Edited by RobertHammer, 28 January 2012 - 09:58.

Posted ImagePosted Image
There's one place for One Snake and for One BigBoss !!!
Posted Image

Muahaha
Muahaha

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:13 #16

Double-edged sword. The invisible bursts were introduced to give AI SAW/MG gunners an impression of realism (i.e. using discrete bursts of fire, rather than the old single-shot blamblamblamblam at-a-rate-slower-than-cyclic-but-faster-than-the-human-trigger-finger problem).

difficult to strike a balance, probably something in between then.

-deleted-

Edited by Muahaha, 28 January 2012 - 11:27.

Xeno
Xeno

ACE Team Leader

• Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:45 #17

Does anybody have some animation problems with recent betas?

I have seen them too while playing online (specially the dead animation problem). But the weirdest one was the crew of a Stryker sitting outside the vehicle on the right side facing the Stryker (forgot to make a screenshot).

I have no idea how to repro these issues

Me neither currently.

Xeno
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

KeyCat
KeyCat

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2838 posts

• LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:14 #18

These are minor issues and don't know if this is related to the FXAAsharpen fix but noticed that faces/hands on some units is dark on FLIR... Did not try all units I just bumped into these ones testing a script...

AI US/Team Leader

Posted Image

AI Taki Army/Rifleman

Posted Image

Related... at far LOD bicycles shows up hot, must been a hell of a ride :)

Posted Image

...but OK if movíng a bit closer...

Posted Image

Wonder if anyone else seeing this?

/KC
>> It's all about teamwork! <<

Dwarden
Dwarden

BI Developer

• 9654 posts

• LocationBrno, Czech Republic

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:40 #19

KeyCat simple ... check older build ... preSharpen or preFXAA and do compare shots

RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma...y_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD

KeyCat
KeyCat

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2838 posts

• LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:58 #20

Just checked with build before FXAA sharp filter was added (i.e 88027) and it's the same so not related to the FXAA fix.

I did notice that the problem lies with black soldiers skin (pics below from 88027)...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As I said these are minor things so I do not know if they "deserves" a ticket or not?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat, 28 January 2012 - 13:27.

>> It's all about teamwork! <<