Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

Problems with new Sample Model

Anyone else having problems with the new Sample model ?

I struggled to get the binarised addon in game at all with the destructions to be honest so opted for the -mod= parameter .

when i get in it it crashed to desktop with no visible reason in the toh.rpt.

No matter i saw on FaceBook changing will stop CTD :)

RTDconfig = "HSim\MyHelicopter_H\MyHelicopter-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml";

to

RTDconfig = "HSim\Air_US_H\Helicopters_Medium\Medium-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml";

thanks for the samples BIS , look forward to learning from it :

Edited by Thromp

Thanks for posting the work-around. We are aware of these issues in the in-game version; some of which are looked at and some of which require the next patch. I've added your tip to the Wiki.

We believed it better to release the sample package yesterday in spite of this, since the source files are the important part. The in-game version really is just a bonus and pretty much the same as the military medium that comes with the game :)

We believed it better to release the sample package yesterday in spite of this

well i for one would never argue with that , I learned more because you released this way in fact ,so it was a win win here .

Anyone else having problems with the new Sample model ?

thanks for the samples BIS , look forward to learning from it :

So for laymen like me - how do i apply this knowledge you have provided? have no idea what i can do here to try out the new heli and get it working.

Unfortunately there is no laymans way if it doesnt work as suggested from the wiki .

there are many ways of course including binarizing the mlod folder with the above config changes

simply place the hsim on p with the necessary files and source from \hsim\ in the binpbo options

as for the downloaded Binarised.pbo i dont know apart from maybe a replacement config that loads after the sample config already in the pbo sorry

p.s as DNA says though its not really the binarised helo in game thats the deal here , thats just showing the editor structure , the heli itself is just like the one already in game TBH bluefore military medium