Problems with new Sample Model

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Sealife
Sealife

Banned

• 1362 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 21:20 #1

Anyone else having problems with the new Sample model ?

I struggled to get the binarised addon in game at all with the destructions to be honest so opted for the -mod= parameter .
when i get in it it crashed to desktop with no visible reason in the toh.rpt.

No matter i saw on FaceBook changing will stop CTD :)

RTDconfig = "HSim\MyHelicopter_H\MyHelicopter-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml";

to

RTDconfig = "HSim\Air_US_H\Helicopters_Medium\Medium-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml";

thanks for the samples BIS , look forward to learning from it :

Edited by Thromp, 26 January 2012 - 21:34.

dna
dna

BI Developer

• 1701 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:59 #2

Thanks for posting the work-around. We are aware of these issues in the in-game version; some of which are looked at and some of which require the next patch. I've added your tip to the Wiki.

We believed it better to release the sample package yesterday in spite of this, since the source files are the important part. The in-game version really is just a bonus and pretty much the same as the military medium that comes with the game :)
Bohemia Interactive
Arma 3 - Project Lead
Watch us, tweet us, poke us

Take On Helicopters - Project Lead
Take On Noisecontrollers!

Sealife
Sealife

Banned

• 1362 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 14:31 #3

We believed it better to release the sample package yesterday in spite of this

well i for one would never argue with that , I learned more because you released this way in fact ,so it was a win win here .

twisted
twisted

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2695 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 23:58 #4

Anyone else having problems with the new Sample model ?

thanks for the samples BIS , look forward to learning from it :

So for laymen like me - how do i apply this knowledge you have provided? have no idea what i can do here to try out the new heli and get it working.

Sealife
Sealife

Banned

• 1362 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 13:35 #5

Unfortunately there is no laymans way if it doesnt work as suggested from the wiki .
there are many ways of course including binarizing the mlod folder with the above config changes
simply place the hsim on p with the necessary files and source from \hsim\ in the binpbo options
as for the downloaded Binarised.pbo i dont know apart from maybe a replacement config that loads after the sample config already in the pbo sorry

p.s as DNA says though its not really the binarised helo in game thats the deal here , thats just showing the editor structure , the heli itself is just like the one already in game TBH bluefore military medium