Sign in to follow this  
CaptainBravo

Arma 3 with 1,000 players online .. possible?

I've seen 250 player servers in the Joint Operations International Conflict tournament already and that was over five years ago so I think BIS can definitely make that number possible in ArmA 3. It'll still require an uberserver to run though.

I've seen 250 player servers in the Joint Operations International Conflict tournament already and that was over five years ago so I think BIS can definitely make that number possible in ArmA 3. It'll still require an uberserver to run though.

Joint Ops was awesome. There are a couple of things to be learned from that game :yay:

Joint Ops was awesome. There are a couple of things to be learned from that game :yay:
Yes. It's too bad it was never as popular as BF2. It had TONS more potential.

What's our definition of lag? <25fps?

Edited by Whalen207

What's our definition of lag? >25fps?

Yes, of course. Anything higher than 25fps is obviously "lag"....

/sarcasm

:D

Jokes aside, you are confusing latency with framerates. Lag is a high amount of network latency, which has little to do with fps.

1000 players may not be feasible... but just think about how crazy it would be to see an air assault with like 50 helos inserting full payloads of human players down on the battlefield

This is PlanetSide 1 (2003). Really looking forward for PlanetSide 2 this year for that kind of MMO-FPS action, but in regards to Arma 3 I would be glad with a 100 player lag free experience. There are limits to what kind of hardware communities can pay for and so on. I mean, PS1 had Sony big bucks mmo hardware, so will 2. Where I play Arma, wont.

This is PlanetSide 1 (2003). Really looking forward for PlanetSide 2 this year for that kind of MMO-FPS action, but in regards to Arma 3 I would be glad with a 100 player lag free experience. There are limits to what kind of hardware communities can pay for and so on. I mean, PS1 had Sony big bucks mmo hardware, so will 2. Where I play Arma, wont.

NEW CONGLEMERATE PLANETSIDE 2004-2010

980cb6d2-b6b8-455e-83c8-1fe4e1e4b182.gif

but SOE's going to fuck up PS2, you know it

they kill everything they touch