Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v4.1 released

Not sure if we're doing everything right, but...

Last week we were testing MSO in my group, it's a slightly modified Claghan version with a few modules disabled and some stuff added in the editor. It started pretty nice until one of us died - turned out we have "massive" issues with NOMAD respawn.

It does work when set to 999 lives but then whole mission just turns into another Domination-like experience. If set to lower amount together with NOMAD reinforcements at 12h (or lower, I even tested with 10 minutes), the lifes doesn't regenerate and dead player can't get on the server any more. NOMAD module wasn't touched by me except changing params.

So if anyone knows what might have caused it or can explain me how the module is supposed to work, I would be very grateful.

I can get the server .rpt and some more info/details if it might help.

If needed I can create a ticket on dev-heaven (after I'll remember my login :X)

Edited by Max255[PL]

;2095848']If needed I can create a ticket on dev-heaven (after I'll remember my login :X)

Yeah, log a bug and tell us exactly how you're testing it, so we can do the same.

I dont know what you lot have done with this version but running it in MP and playing from the same PC now it seems to run a lot faster where as before it was laggy.

I am able to drive around and do the missions all at a better frame rate so thanks for this I am very happy.

if yu are using WICT its prolly the radical AI-Cap that keeps WICT from spawning endless units and also it spawns more slowly and no friendly units! im not quite sure which differences tere are in the other modules but im glad to hear its running well!

@BL1P

You're on the right track, but you also need MSO Core in there. You might have better luck putting Patrol Ops 2 into the MSO framework and selectively deleting the bits you don't need, rather than the other way round.

@BL1P

You're on the right track, but you also need MSO Core in there. You might have better luck putting Patrol Ops 2 into the MSO framework and selectively deleting the bits you don't need, rather than the other way round.

Thanks for the reply m8.

I did try it that way originaly but came across too many problems I dont yet know how to correct..

Ill try getting it to work with the core aswell

If I add the core and the supply... with looking to only have CAS and CASEVAC for the moment

What lines should I add to my init and desc ?

Once again thanks for taking the time to answer

BL1P

Thanks for the reply m8.

I did try it that way originaly but came across too many problems I dont yet know how to correct..

Ill try getting it to work with the core aswell

If I add the core and the supply... with looking to only have CAS and CASEVAC for the moment

What lines should I add to my init and desc ?

Once again thanks for taking the time to answer

BL1P

hey m8

ive been stumbling into MSO like you. I tryed to implement VTS and it turned out to be hundrets of hours...

What i learned in mission merging (maybe that helps you):

- merge the missions by copying files together (god mode). MSO is master, other is slave! If you have 2 init.sqf files, rename the other init-file to init-custom.sqf (for simple explaination). The second description.ext file you will have to rename too.

- put a line #include *other description.ext filename* (-> the name you renamed it too) in BOTTOM of description-mso.ext.

- check *other description.ext filename* and its "#include"-components in regards of classes like "class cfgsounds" and "class rsctitles" or "class highhead_penislength" (dont know it by heart sorry) and so on, that are loaded by description-mso.ext. Its important that there is no class added twice or the game will crash. Load the regarding class only once by copypasting the lines together or loading seperate .hpp files (what i prefer, just look at mso code - its simple to understand)! If there are additional #ifdef/#endif clauses in your *new description.ext* it can break your neck (if been giving up on MCC_Sandbox-merge-to-a-module because of engine limitation on "#ifdef/#ifdef/#endif/#endif" clauses). Remember, this can be really frustrating but if you made it you will cum!

- If game is loading finally (this is the time yu will cum, have a tissue beside you because you dont know when it will happen :)), play it for 10 minutes and check the .rpt! There will be errors and you will have to sort them out. Even hardcore by maybe not loading something or deleting lines! If yu dont know how to FIX it, try to exclude it.

- If its running with less "harmful" or no errors populate your island with locations in fn_initlocations.sqf (in debug mode)! If you made the upper two tasks there is no need to explain how the code works, its pretty simple (genius) ;)! get it to about 400 different locations. Excel helped me a lot putting named markers (placed in mission editor on nice topographic spots) from mission.sqm (x,z,y) to regular positions (x,y,z), just as a hint!

After this you have a complete MSO merge running, no need to edit anymore. Just play with the parameters!

hope that helped

PS: i also have to admit: MSO is like an organism (and an orgasm). It reacts very different on each isle with different parameters. Many things you will have to optimise with trial and error. But that makes it interesting, believe me! fuck... im a pervert

Edited by highhead

@highhead

Thanks m8 that does help

Ill try doing it that way this time

the bit about using a renamed init is helpful especially. although you lost me a little with the description I need to figure out what IFDEF does :)

Also the tissues will ... cum in hand...y :) (puns intended)

Thanks m8

Just curios BL1P, have you tried disabling all the extra stuff via modules.hpp files as a starting point? You might want to do that first so you're comfortable how MSO modules work. It will fit in with learning what #ifdef is about.

Ive given up m8 im afraid

Ill just try and find some sort of support script that will be easier to implement at my level ...

I got it running with the mso core and with support removed all but the cas and casevac alterd the call to say if team leader not grp as im not using groups

added the ace prc119 for the team leaders weapons class but still no cas or evac in the self interaction

Thanks for the help though

Might try agina when i have a dedicated i can read the rpt from.... as my server is being used atm

Edited by BL1P

Ive given up m8 im afraid

Ill just try and find some sort of support script that will be easier to implement at my level ...

Thanks for the help though

gimme link to the mission you wanna merge

i'll try on saturday

gimme link to the mission you wanna merge

i'll try on saturday

Thats a nice offer m8

But i would feel bad and learn nothing if you did it for me

Ill try some other support scripts see if I can find one made for noobs like me :)

only thing i wanted to merge was the call for CAS and EVAC

so a full merge would be no good for me

Thanks though !

great mission,played last night but tehre wre some small bugs,first paramater show WICT base was chosen but for JIP markers didint work and didnt deleted player dead bodies.

ts.turkarmabirligi.net/indir/arma2oaserver2312.RPT

Wooo Hooo

Yippy

got it working :)

Now Im suffering from a really bad hangover cause I celebrated the merge :)

Thanks for the help guys

Always good to hear a good news story! :D Congrats!

thanks m8

Im really grateful for all the help I got from you guys !!!

What I have working is an edited Patrol Ops 2 mission working with CAS - CASEVAC - CA civilian modules - dogs - shepards - AAR - Sandstorms - AEG ..

Gona try add the enemypopulation module and nomad module next ...

The patrol mission has suicide bombers among the things I edited

Edited by BL1P

For anyone that is into MSO development, I've started an MSO Developer's Blog here:

http://www.ausarma.org/blog/4-mso-developers-blog/

I am happy to hear about your efforts modifying the MSO for your own missions, and if you wish to submit Blog entries, please let me know.

Great news

Hello again :)

When I call for a CASEVAC the chopper arrives with a full load of weapons

Which is bad for me as all players are weapon restricted by rank and class

where should I add the removeallweapons this; in the casevac scripts ?

Once again any help welcome

BL1P

Hello all,

Our team has a dedicated and I've been creating a mission for us based on MSO, and everyone is enjoying it..

I just need some informations regarding MP Rights....is there a way to make an exception, so the Little Bird and the MHQ stay out of vehicle check for MP Rights?

Also, is there a way to disable only civilian air vehicles, leaving the enemy faction? In Clafghan, civilians mess up our base parking in the middle of the runway and things like that...making it necessary to disable the whole feature =/

@BL1P: What are you using to restrict weapons by player's class?

Thank you very much, this is the best mission we've played so far!

Hoo-rah!

where should I add the removeallweapons this; in the casevac scripts ?

Yes - somewhere in the rmm_casevac folder. Never edited that folder myself, so you'll have to try and work it out yourself.

I just need some informations regarding MP Rights....is there a way to make an exception, so the Little Bird and the MHQ stay out of vehicle check for MP Rights?

Also, is there a way to disable only civilian air vehicles, leaving the enemy faction?

I haven't used MP Rights for a while, but no there was no way (I can remember) to exclude vehicles. If you log a feature request on Dev Heaven, we can look at adding an exclude flag for the next release.

No, there is no current way to disable civilian aircraft, as they are the default. I think there would need to be some significant coding to get it to work that way.

Ambient air works by detecting which side is dominant near the hangars and helipads and spawning those aircraft. If it can't detect a side it will default to civilian. The easiest way to reduce the civilian aircraft is to ensure you have Blue forces in and around all the hangars/helipads - stick a BLUFOR riflemen in every hangar for example.