Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

F-14D Super Tomcat

Yo man had a bit of a play last night and noticed if you have 0 ammor from the setting it up like that with the ammo slider you cant reload it with the nimitz towing cart...

If you are doing oversweep for the wings it would be nice if you did one that starts of sweeped...

Good luck with your work man!

F-14 looks very good buddy ,keep up the good work .

And take your time do not rush it .

We want a very good plane for us topgun school ,that we can do a dogfight with mig-28 :)

cya

eddyD

Haha thanks eddy, and hey i put our names on the side of the canopy like i said i would, i forgot to do it on the first release.

VectorX96

Check PM mate :)

in short - bad smdi and bad shader... new on PM link

Awesome Thanks mate, really helps alot quick question how'ed you make the thing pink i was trying to figure it out all yesterday

Edited by VectorX96

The program that supports channels (such as Gimp or Photoshop) stained red and blue channel white. You will then receive a basic smdi. If you want a matte texture hue you discolour the pink root canal on a darker hue. Generally, the darker the more matte the brighter the more glossy. Much depends on the shader and textures used in it, but the main effect of doing exactly the smdi. cheers

BTW Show how it looks on the model ;)

Change on rvmat F14_as on f14.smdi. You have odd tricks, but the F14 looks better already;)

Hi VectorX96.

First off let me congratulate on releasing this awesome war bird - the model looks absolutely awesome and is fun to play with, high quality stuff.

Would it be possible in the future to have a different version without that GLT missilebox and have it use the standard BI weapons/bombs?that will let communities that don't use GLT missilebox the ability to play with this beautiful F14.

Well ZZEZ it definitely is possible but standard bis weapons dont have a AIM-54 which is the Tomcats calling card. I was originally making the weapons to go with the bird but because of issues due to correct scale of this and that made me quit. Also if you dont mind me asking Whats wrong with GLT missile box? I actually quite like it .

Theres nothing wrong with it for the vast majority of users, my community[unitedOperations.net] tends to get 50-70 players during weekends and GLT missilebox doesn't function well under that load of players[95% of addons don't aswell], in order to use the Nimitz and IkaR's F14 I had to modify and remove several scripts from them so they will work under the heavy server/connection/fps load.

I don't think the AIM-54 not being present is a big deal - in ArmA the engagements are typically within 4-5kms which is sidewinder range, having a iconic high quality twin seat jet far outweights the AIM-54 not being present in my humble opinion.

Care to elaborate how the Missilebox affects performance? The weapons are just models with textures, no fancy scripting or something that could have any effect on the performance. Also the GPS/INS system is clientside and only active when actually using it. Actually i have no idea how a pure model could affect server/connection/fps load as it doesn't make any difference if the model is a BIS default model or a addon model.

For me personally, a F-14 without AIM-54 isn't a F-14 anymore. But this is really my personal opinion.

ZZEZ you can't have a tomcat without a AIM-54 thats why (in my personal opinion) when the AIM-54 went out of business so did the tomcat just a few years later. I understand what your saying due to performance but you have to put that on how many people is on your server as well just because you can have 60 people on there doesn't mean you should may thats the true issue with performance. Also some models are high poly so if you place more then say 15 of that same model it could cause issues but that solely depends on your computer.

Theres nothing wrong with it for the vast majority of users, my community[unitedOperations.net] tends to get 50-70 players during weekends and GLT missilebox doesn't function well under that load of players[95% of addons don't aswell], in order to use the Nimitz and IkaR's F14 I had to modify and remove several scripts from them so they will work under the heavy server/connection/fps load.

I'll repeat what Myke asked !

Missilebox have virtually NO scripts. I find it extremely hard to believe it effects MP gameplay.

Smoke trails *might*, but the vast majority of missile have smoke trails the same as BIS (or even less).

But considering hundreds of FFAR being fired has no effect on MP play, I can't see that even being a link.

GLT / FRL Missilebox is the new standard for ALL my aircraft releases.

Vector,

Great job !!

Edited by [APS]Gnat

ZZEZ you can't have a tomcat without a AIM-54 thats why (in my personal opinion) when the AIM-54 went out of business so did the tomcat just a few years later. I understand what your saying due to performance but you have to put that on how many people is on your server as well just because you can have 60 people on there doesn't mean you should may thats the true issue with performance. Also some models are high poly so if you place more then say 15 of that same model it could cause issues but that solely depends on your computer.

Its not about the graphical performance, its solely server side issue with extreme low server fps - none the less its your choice and I completely respect it.

I'll still be playing with the Tomcat, hopefully at some point in the future we'll be able to use it online, can't wait for the next version :)

@Myke, I have no intention of polluting this thread with technical talk and back and fourth bickering, if you are truly interested in hearing then just shoot me a PM.

@Myke, I have no intention of polluting this thread with technical talk and back and fourth bickering, if you are truly interested in hearing then just shoot me a PM.

Please head over to the "FRL Airforce addons release thread" so we might continue this discussion. If there is really a issue with the Missilebox i'm surely interested in solving this.

Hey peeps i have an update:

-Afterburner added and fitted

-Pilot controls gun

-Now one action to start sweep and swept animations

-Pilot can see Probe

-Airbrakes

-Added ladders and steps just for looks

-Added reflectors for night flights

-VF-211 checkmates(soon to be VF-84)

-can't remember anything else

Here are some pics on what ive worked on:

arma2OA_2012_02_03_19_54_23_885-1.jpg

arma2OA_2012_02_03_19_55_59_512.jpg

arma2OA_2012_02_03_19_56_09_305.jpg

arma2OA_2012_02_03_19_45_11_847.jpg

I still need to work on the shadow volume and rio cockpit then i have to add the variations like the bombcat, afterwards ill work on the textures such as the MFD's and the VF numbers.