Sign in to follow this  
VectorX96

F-14D Super Tomcat

Hey guys the original topic is on Armaholic, but i've been working on a F-14D and she's almost done, I need help with placing the afterburners in the right place.

arma2OA_2012_01_17_18_55_54_886.jpg

If you cant tell form the picture the afterburners are 10ft behind the plane and 10ft below. If anyone can help with this please PM

you are using the afterburner scripting originally made by lethal and modified by almost everyoen else. You simply need to adjust the coordinates in the script. I do it by trial and error. make a change and then try it in game.

@VectorX96 could we see some better screenshots?

I'm rarely on here anymore and just to check what's new when so but I gotta respond to an F-14 thread. And thank god its a new one from scratch this time! Looking really good, may have to reinstall when its good and done and play with it a while :)

Since there's no complete thread for it right now (which it would be where one one comment since its been released), i thought i'd post here.

Have to say, loved it as soon as i tried it out, specially since you can manually fold the wings for manouvering it on Jdogs Nimitz.

Really easy to carrier-land, and just looks overral great.

Two observations: As you pointed out with the unfinished cockpit, the only bit i thought needed a look would be that "circular metal thing with the mirrors" (poor description, i know) right in front of you in 1st person view.

As for the loadout, only thing i'd have to say about it would be that all it needs is MMA support :P

EDIT: Just noticed this as well, may as well mention it. I believe the in-flight refuelling probe isn't visible from inside.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Wow that looks brilliant.... You havent entered config values for placement too far out have you?

The F16 JDAM Script worked great on the F14 and that was the smoothest landing on the Nimitz I have had. Well done!

Thank you all, and Evil_Brownie i'll get on it right away :) @wolfbite what do you mean?

I'm just guessing so dont take it as gospel but maybe you have entered the wrong amounts for the positioning in config and thats why its appearing in the wrong place.

Hi Vextor

Lethals Afterburn script: The numbers in brackets control the location. (eg ,[-1.2,-9.2,-0.8] )

The first number sets it to the left or to the right.

The second number is probably the forward-backwards coordinate.

The last number is the up-down location.

_leftengine setParticleParams ["\Ca\data\cl_exp","","Billboard",1,0.07,[-1.2,-9.2,-0.8],[(velocity _this select 0) - ((vect......................
_rightengine setParticleParams ["\Ca\data\cl_exp","","Billboard",1,0.07,[1.2,-9.2,-0.8],[(velocity _this..........

OMG thanks Gnat that helps so much last night i was screwing around with it and messed it up even more :)

Hey do you know anything about the Aircraft Vapour as well ive been trying to get it to work as well but it's like it was never put in the init, cause everything else in the init works its like the game is selectively picking what it wants to use.

Edited by VectorX96

Not really enough info ...........

FuselageVapour.sqf & WingtipTrails.sqf are simple enough. Which version do you have? Very original or later ones. One I tweaked further?

How are you calling them? Like:

_plane execVM "\rktsu33\scr\FX_Afterburner.sqf"

I have the one you tweaked further but i do have like 3 versions of the same thing, this is how im calling them:

private ["_vehicle"];

_Vehicle=_This Select 0;

[_Vehicle] ExecVM "\Tomcat\scripts\aircraftvapour.sqf";

It works fine for everything in the init.sqf except maybe the sonicboom.sqf which i dont really need just thought it would be cool to see.

So its working ok now?

As for sonicboom, I don't bother because its rare that the average gamer would even trigger it. Not worth the resources (potential FPS reduction) in my eyes. Your call.

Not really its like the game doesnt even know its there. The only thing that shows up is the wingtip trails which i think is because of some addon i have installed, because before i installed some stuff for my clan, nothing showed up.

Ok situation update,

I was originally planing on releasing an update on the upcoming Friday but due to few issues i will release an update a few weeks later. Some time in mid-February. The update will or should include the following:

-Completely New Flight Model

-Touched up Rio and Pilot cockpits

-Redone textures

-New Variations, such as the Bombcat and Interceptor

-VF numbers

-Pilot controls main gun

-Afterburners

Ok situation update,

I was originally planing on releasing an update on the upcoming Friday but due to few issues i will release an update a few weeks later. Some time in mid-February. The update will or should include the following:

-Completely New Flight Model

-Touched up Rio and Pilot cockpits

-Redone textures

-New Variations, such as the Bombcat and Interceptor

-VF numbers

-Pilot controls main gun

-Afterburners

YEah good news thx for the work VectorX96;)