Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

Newbie Question : FreetrackNoIR

Hi all

This is my first post here so first I would like to say hello.

I have been playing the demo version of TOH and really enjoying the demo and what the game has to offer rotary fans so will buy the PC version soon.

I have downloaded freetrackNoIR and wondering if anyone here is using it and

how to set it up correctly to work in TOH.

Thanks

Rhys

Yes I used it for a little bit, just use the Arma profile in it, and then make sure you enable freetrack within the game in controls and then i think its under controllers. Its a very good piece of software though. I only stopped using it because my laptop was not powerful enough to run both :(

Welcome !

I can't tell you how to instal and make the software run with TOH but I can suggest you for the curve setting.

Track%20IR%20setup.png

My rotation curve. Yaw and pitch are almost linear. Without deadzone. That's the way I really enjoy my HeadTracking system. The dead zone will kill you precision and it's not natural. Try to make something linear. And enough sensitive for look at 180° behind while being able to keep an eye on your screen ;)

edit : don't forget to bind a quick centering button. You'll need it !

Edited by hon0

Thanks Guys

Hi hon0 I dont have the same screen setup as the one you are showing in the image, and wondering if we are using two different pieces of software?

Rhys

Hi

Thanks for that, sorry for the confussion will give that a try

Rhys

Hi Guys

If anyone can help a little I would be grateful, just can't seem to get it working right

Cheers

Rhys

Hi Guys

Anyone had much success with facetrack, its working but I can't seem to get it working good enough to use it

Cheers

Rhys

Edited by nosecone

Sorry I don't know FACETRACK. I can help you for Track IR or FreeTrack but not this one.

Hi honO

Facetracknoir uses the freetrack game protocol. Its just trying to get my head around the curves and what they do and setting them up

Rhys