Sign in to follow this  
b101_uk

Any interest in some objects to sling load?

Over xmas I have made a few little objects for sling loading as I thought I would try O2 out (not built in O2 but need to use O2 to get in-game), they are the correct weight for the type/size of object and are in small (300kg to 350kg) and medium (~600kg) to cover the likes of the small & medium heli there are also a couple of “intermediate†objects of 450kg to 500kg.

There is processed crosscut timber as would typically come from forestry operations, some structural steels as you would find around construction sites or places small scale heavy duty construction is taking place, some common relatively universal precast concrete products.

Also have some tall “obstructions†being made just to make a landing sites a little more interesting.

Still have some little bits to do and some minor things to figure out. ;)

takeonh2011122704090607.jpg

takeonh2011122704084903.jpg

Hey there,

You should definitely release as a package , i`m sure they will be very handy for missions i could use them logs for sure :)

Keep it up

Great Idea. Some sling-able stuff would be awesome. I´m also curious for the config. In Arma i had a really hard time with this, ToH makes my brain boiling.

Beautiful collection of objects you made there b101_uk!

Looking forward to release...

Cheers,

Sylvain

very nice indeed...

did you solve your rotating sling hook issue from the trees video?

would be really cool to do some precision pipe installations over canals.

thanks,

Well we should be looking at the weekend or early next week dependent on RL.

Just have to stop the fire involved with the destruction of concrete and make some appropriate “wreck†modals at least for the concrete objects, as you cannot go dropping them from height like you do with timber or could get away with big bits of steel, as they would just collapse in etc.

Also trying to figure out why all my horizontal objects are as you would expect collideable with heli/vehicles/persons and bullets etc yet my vertical objects are only collideable with persons and bullets but not vehicals/heli, but I have my suspicions as to what it is. :rolleyes:

Zentaos, I had thought of precision erection of a steel frame building, perhaps using light heli sized uprights and medium heli sized apex trusses/spans, but perfectly flat bits of ground in remote areas are few and far between, and if you make a concrete base to give you a real looking foundation that would be perfectly flat you lose the ability to use the “istouchingground†condition as any object you lowered would be resting on a modal (the concrete foundation) not the ground, so objects would be more likely to do strange unnatural things when suddenly attached too something.

There are quite a few cuttings in woodland/forest where power lines would be where pipes could be placed as if “pre burial†or perhaps some power line poles could be placed with high precision ;)