Sign in to follow this  
joedreamliner787

Profile For Hotas Cougar??

Hi Everyone,

I just bought this sim and I think it looks fantastic and I'm eager to fly it however I have a Hotas Cougar (F16) flight stick and joystick and I was wondering if anyone has a profile for it? It works great with FSX and some of my other sims. Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

Hi, have you had luck configuring the stick? If you have, you could share your profile with us and we can include it into an upcoming patch :)

Hi, have you had luck configuring the stick? If you have, you could share your profile with us and we can include it into an upcoming patch :)

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have not had the time to configure

it because my work schedule has been extremely busy. I will of course post a joystick file when I have the time to go through a full blown configuration.

Perhaps try mapping one of the existing schemes as starting point. You can either try the generic ones, or other Thrustmaster products listed. They may be compatible to some extend.

Hi chaps,

I am still using the old Cougar. It is not such advanced as Warthog, but still does the job extraordinary well.

The great advatage of Cougar is - it works as one Joystick, so you can use it without problems in Arma 1 and even Cold War CrisisI and another BI products.

I have mapped it first with the in game maping tools.

It works quite well for me, but it is not possible (for me) to mapp buttons on the throttle.

The axes (antenna elevation and RNG) at the throttle are no problem.

I have pedals at antenna elevation and left/right cyclic at RNG and I am using it

as additional trimming (and instead of peddals in ARMA 1). Even whenn flying with saitec combat peddals.

Buttons Nr 17 and 18 at the stick are no go as well.

After some sensitivity adjustment at the stick (in game) it works satisactory 'out of the box' without programming with T.A.R.G.E.T.

With the T.A.R.G.E.T. running there is no problem to mapp all the buttons (throttel as well).

Funny suff: as I tried to mapp trimm commands, which are in game per default as R-Ctr+n(at Numpad) I was not able to mapp them

in T.A.R.G.E.T. because a have got every time the Look- commands mapped with them together - until I have changed the keybord mapping of the trimm

commands to L-ctrl+a,L-ctrl+w,L-ctrl+s,L-ctrl+d (cyclic) and L-ctrl+x, L-ctrl+c(peddals) in the game keybord mapping.

Yes and T.A.R.G.E.T.has more comfortable adjustments of curve of the axes which makes the flying in the ToH smoother.

I have no idea about the impact on the performance of ToH when running the T.A.R.G.E.T. script. Well at least I do not see differnce subjectively.

If someone is interrested in my files - well then. But I am not sure which are the files in question - the xxx.TakeOnHProfile or the files from T.A.R.G.E.T.?

Many happy landings.

Hi all,

my TM Cougar HOTAS works also very well ingame, except the throttle in helicopters.

Can someone help me please to calibrate the throttle to fly with the AFM, advanced flight model?

thanks

cheers