zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

Thanks! MAN I love this game! Talk about exciting!

And I have been fighting them off not knowing about the "J" key or the "E" key HA!

Do you have a recommended Prams setting?

I find if I sneak in and "Load Up" the Enemy Work shop does that destroy that base? Seems like you should be able to do that until all the Enemy Buildings are down?

I suppose the randomness will level itself out once one of the bases close to each other gets overrun!

Maybe not - as the truck picking up the base need to get it to its destination , if the truck is destroyed the HQ container is up for grabs again.

Thanks ALL :)

Im working on a UpDate so you have an action to leave your group, also so when you JIP you dont have the last persons group still attached to you.

its almost done.

I do recommend Pressing K in the Build Menu and looking what options you have.

You cant packup an enemys base untill you have all the buildings down,All the -players that belong to that HQ- in that basearea are dead and have one of your sides trucks to back it on to.

As for the Params NO std settings.

Most of the work is done on the server so it depends on the CPU Power

of your system.

I designed this on a single core CPU so i had to make sure the code was tight.

You get a different effect with every change of the params

if you only use 2 sides there seems to be more of a front line but have only 288 groups in total on the map, 3 sides scatters things up even more and allows for 432 groups in total.

allowing vehicles with no weapons - its less aggressive but there is more cannon fodder , also riding around on the back of a bike is cool. - i know you cant get in driver on a bike "not sure why yet" if you want to be a driver of a bike , just make an empty one.

If the Medic tent is down the base can not build anything untill it builds a new medic tent- you cant respawn at the base if there are no medic tents or bunkers. if you have Fortifications and build small medic tent - or bunkers you can still respawn at them , infact you will randomly respawn at any of them buildings if they are in your basearea, If you cant respawn at your base and dont want to wait till a medic tent is up , you can click on one of your other bases on the mini map and respawn there - that will then be your default HQ, the last HQ you build from becomes your default HQ, if your HQ is lost , all AI and yourself will get the next HQ as your default HQ, lose all your HQs - Game Over for your side unless you can get one back on foot and have a truck from your side handy-

every AI that gets out of a vehicle - Joins just one group and gets new orders to attack enemy bases on foot. when you see green smoke some of them AI are getting picked up by a chopper land vehicles will pick up AI too ,and when there are 4 or more cargo they are taken to an enemy base to do an assult on the base.

as far as groups - groups are cleaned every few minutes ,there is a limit of 144 per side

when 132 is reached that side can not build any more PLAYER CAN ONLY EMPTY VEHICLES,

when you make soldiers there 1 group per soldier, if AI make them it 1 group per team , in the parms you can set the "Units Per Patroling Group :", have more men but still use fewer groups.

Convoy size is the same deal - each convoy = one group.

so if you run out of groups quickly - increase these numbers.

All AI that get out of a vehicle join one group per side.

With Total build if that number is bigger than the added up amount of all the types then it will build the total amount of each type. If Total build is smaller than added up amount of all the types then it makes it more random ,

as it may make all choppers and not have any room left to make tanks ect;

All the building of anything with the AI -ive made that as good as i could- but sometimes a building gets in the way - you can delete it and move it somewhere else - it remembers its last position so if its desrtoyed it will build it back where you had it.

If you have water in your base area & Water_Spots array and boats enabled - it will only make boats on water.

I do recommend looking at the other islands as well - the action on them is even more intense because of there size.

After a year of making this even i have forgotten all that it can do.

so hit me with as many questions as you need to.

ive tried to use everything as much as i can , ie if a driver gets shot the gunner will get into the driver seat and goes back to base to pick up a new gunner, same will happen if you shoot its gunner.if it has cargo one of them may take the gunners spot.

So if you on foot and have no BFG you can still shoot the gunner out of a tank if they are turned out , -they are if not in combat mode- the tank will then head back to its base , so you can render it usless untill then.

for more of a surprise attack feeling , jump in the gunner of a Land vehicle

and see how fast you need to react when a enemy comes over the hill :)

also this is a good time to grab a beer and relax for a bit while your on your patrol. :)

i recommend to just play with the Params and find out what works best for you :)

Just an update of opinions — played this morning hosted with all settings default and then also upped the items available to 100 and to my surprise it ran perfect! Great news for me since bennys and other variants of mass warfare ARMA mission lag like hell after 30mins of gameplay.

One small feature I would love is a param for inital distance between the factions as quite a few times I have encountered them over the hill! :) (still loads of fun though!)

Can't wait for a Chernu variant also. Amazing mission.

Try unPBOing the mission and giving the 3d editor a go yourself.

only one file needs to be edited and the editor writes that code for you.

everything is done with arrays -- i love arrays --

so when you port it to a new map just empty the arrays and build new ones.

ZKs 3D Editor Help

Start the Mission with --ZKs 3D Array Builder : Edit Mode-- in the Params

Welcome To ZKs 3d Editor for -= ZKs BattleZone =- By ZoneKiller

All the arrays needed to move this mission to a new or existing map are created with this.

In this file

User_Settings\Mission_Settings.hpp

Really only needs to be edited if an object is conflicting with your Mission Settings

also to adjust the finer points of the objects -- INFO in the file --

All the Arrays go in here

InitFolder\POS_ARRAYS.hpp

LOCATIONS

---------

HQ_Base_Spots : Random Places your Base can start. -- Required --

Town_Spots : Random Places your AI Patrol. -- Required --

Water_Spots : Waypoints for Boats. -- If Empty Boats are Disabled --

Starting Points for East or West First HQ

Airport_South :

Airport_North :

-- If Empty Starting Points are Random --

Plane_Build : Exact Place and Direction for AI to Build Planes. -- If Empty Planes are Disabled , Must be in BaseArea --

Runway_Turf : Used to collect Runway Texture. -- Used for Plane Rearm also a setting in User_Settings\Mission_Settings.hpp -runwaybuild- to adjust the Building around Airports --

OBJECTS

-------

Ban_Build : Places where Players and AI cant Build. -- Can Be Empty --

Vtol_Only : Vertical TakeOff Planes Only. -- Used on short runways, Must be in BaseArea , Can Be Empty --

Runway_Clean : Cover the Runways and Taxiways with these Markers to delete Craters so the Planes don’t get stuck. -- Can Be Empty --

--------------------------------------------

First Make a new Mission.

Import the objects from an existing mission.

Make the required Units player able.

Set the Resistance side to -Friendly to None-

SAVE THE MISSION.

Copy all the files to that Mission Folder.

Start the Mission then go into Params and set -ZKs 3D Array Builder- to Edit Mode. Set your View Distance. -ZKs 3D Array Builder- Is always Disabled on a server --

Adjust them to suite. Objects must be on land - Respawn Markers must be on land away from the mission area.

HeliPads are optional. -- Put Invisible ones where the Map has a HeliPad and use Normal ones where there are none. Used for returning Choppers to Rearm and also You can override the Build settings and Build a Chopper on a Helipad anywhere --

Press L to get all the Town locations. -- By going to -Add Town Spots- you can add or delete some or all the Locations. Make sure that all HQ_Base_Spots have a Town_Spots close to them. the more of these the more random the Patrol pattern is --

Add at least 2 more HQ_Base_Spots than the MAX Containers you can have in the Description.ext -- Leave all 12 Containers in the mission and Edit the Description.ext -class Containers- to adjust the MAX --

With Add Water Spots the distance between Waypoint are halved so if gotoWP = 3500 then keep the distance between these Markers about 1500.

Starting Points for East or West First HQ

Airport_South :

Airport_North :

-- If Empty Starting Points are Random, If not the First HQ on East and West will take one of these spots --

With Add Plane Build you will get an Arrow on your centre piece that will show you the Direction that the Planes will start in.

With Runway_Turf run your centre piece over the RunWay and a Hint showing the Texture will show.

Ban_Build : Places where Players and AI can’t Build. -- Can Be Empty --

Vtol_Only : Vertical TakeOff Planes Only. -- Used on short runways, Must be in BaseArea , Can Be Empty --

Runway_Clean : Cover the Runways and Taxiways with these Markers to delete Craters so the Planes don’t get stuck. -- Can Be Empty --

ALL THE KEY CONTROLS ONLY WORK ON THE ARRAY YOUR WORKING WITH.

ALL MARKERS ARE COLOUR CODED TO THE WORDS ON THE BOTOM LEFT OF THE SCREEN.

ALL ARRAYS HAVE A DIFFERENT COLOUR.

To Add to an Array use your RMB.

to Delete use your DEL key and get the centre piece with 10 meters of the Marker. -- Will only delete the colour Marker of the Array your working with --

In standard Map Mode you can just click on the Map to TP there.

In the Editor Pressing T will TP you to the centre piece.

Press J to copy a single Array to the clipboard. -- Paste Into InitFolder\POS_ARRAYS.hpp before you Copy anything else. You can always go back to that Array and press J again --

Pressing C will give you all the Arrays BUT is limited so you may be missing half on them. -- Still good for setting up all your empty Arrays --

Setup all the required Arrays then restart the mission with -ZKs 3D Array Builder- Disabled.

Even tho the markers show up in the ZKs 3D Editor they do not exist in the mission itself.

Edited by Zonekiller

Thanks for that Zonekiller might be a weekend project for me!

Just had the best game of ARMA in a long time — possibly forever.

Playing as Taki with US and Indy turned on with 2 crates each and 100 items.

It got a little too laggy too the end of the game but for 2 hours it ran perfect hosted and playing on the same machine.

So many individual moments that made the game that there is too many to mention.

Here some screens —

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Monotone/screenshot/614972449783645020

The battlefield as I left its ( saved for later ofc! )

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Monotone/screenshot/614972449783642826

Little-bird on the horizon line ( alarms to the base sound off! )

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Monotone/screenshot/614972449783635262

Lucky shot from myself with the KVSK ( good night little-bird! )

Next game I'm going to lower the land vehicles as getting to the base became a real chore but it was fun with some front lines established still.

Also had a real laugh in a SU taking out as many M1's as bombs I could carry! :)

EDIT: I just had another crack on the mission and there was two things I wanted to ask.

1) How do you go about capturing another teams crate again? ( I managed to get up to an enemy crate and then choose the option 'pack up now'

but this just removed the base/items from the game, leaving no crate to move etc? Maybe I'm just missing something out from the process that

Krem gave me the heads up on! )

2) On the map I have bases with a small triangular icon and bases with a large bold reticle what are the difference between the two? ( curiosity )

Again though had an absolute blast on the mission trying as many things as I could and feel I could have the params set to my perfect conflict!

Edited by Mono

good to know your having a blast with the mission

if you could packup the enemy container then i need to fix that again.

to capture the base just destroy all the enemy buildings,

The triangle FOB marker is one of your bases , if you click on it while in reapawn menu thats where you will respawn. the circle means the enemy knows about that base.

cool screenshots :)

Yes that was what I was trying to say also, I can Pack Up the Container without all the buildings down.

At times we get to a stall when nobody can spawn anything because items have been reached or something like that. Which Parameter controls this?

Hi Guys

Each item has a max number it can build.

There is a total items each base can have at anyone time.

MAX Groups at 132 Per Side.

And

No Medic Tent - Which stops Respawn at that base.

Any of these things get to MAX you cant build that item.

There is a countdown on the bottom left corner, When you select an item it shows you what you have left

In the Main Menu it tells you how many in total you have built. Base Building are not counted.

If total items is at max just delete something you dont need. ie : A patroling man at the base.

If an item is at MAX you have to wait till one dies or use some other item.

If MAX Groups - it cleans Groups every 5 Minutes. so its just a bit of a wait maybe.

If Medic Tent is down - It will stop all items from being made. It aslo resets the building clock so it cant be made again till the item_delay is reached.

and

No Respawn at that base.

Unless there is a small medic tent or a bunker - found in Fortifications - in the base area

You Click on a FOB -Triangle- Marker to Respawn at that base.

The 2 Radar Icons on the top left change to orange when enemy is detect near the base -

Defence Radar turns orange then a enemy land vehicle is near the base

Air Radar turns orange then a enemy AIR vehicle is near the base

Aslo Different sirens.

Working on.

Leave Group

Being able to pack up an Enemy Base

Sorry for the Bugs . We did think we had them all sorted.

Edited by Zonekiller

Ahh thats good to know thanks Zonekiller! The bugs are now problem I'm sure it will be near perfect on next release. I'll stick to blowing up bases at the the moment (which is obv more fun just wanted to test the pack up thing )

Good to see you guys really enjoying this. Sorry my server is down at the moment - it's being a little temperamental, but should have it back up soon.

I'm missing my BattleZone fix :)

EDIT: Woohoo .... got my server up and running .... even faster than normal now ! Where I was getting 12FPS, I'm now getting 30FPS. I must REALLY have been underclocking it - don't know why! Anyway, mission is running ULTRASMOOTH on Takistan now with 3 sides, 2 containers and 50 items, rest standard start. LOVING IT !

Edited by Kremator

Thanks ZoneKiller that info helps a lot, everything seems to be very active for the first few hours then at times I will see Tanks just sitting along the road not moving.

If the only way to spawn a Tank (or vehicle) is to delete one within the Coin Camera when Limit is Reached but none are in view it would be nice to have the ability to delete a AI one not in a Player Group.

Also noticed on Duala FPS if affected much more after hours of play than Takistan, just FYI.

Anyway its a lot of fun, very challenging and all players that have been on my server like it a lot.

Thanks for all yours and Kremator's hard work!

Vengeance

Thanks Vengeance1 im glad to see so many servers running this mission.

and that everyone likes it :)

It cant be set to delete outside the base area so i have given players an option to build an empty vehicle when MAX limits are reached.

Im looking into why some vehicles stop even tho that have a waypoint thats easy to get to , i have adjusted some code to see if that helps.

also added Params -- player group size - 0 - 20

and player restrict building crewed vehicles set at the same time as AI building time or Off. Local to the player and can still make empty vehicles , buildings and men.

added a Leave Group action - all units in your group go back to being AI controlled

Fixed , onDisconnect so you dont start with the last players group.

Fixed , Packing Up Enemy Base - no longer can be done.

just running tests on Duala now,

If anyone wants to help test and run the update, Just let me know PM or on here.

So i can get the update out faster.

Edited by Zonekiller

Ok started the Test Mission last night and let it run all night, it CTD on Dedi Server and the Report File said:

M6_EP1: HatchCommander - unknown animation source hatchCommander

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 007A103C

Allocator: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\dll\tbb3malloc_bi.dll

graphics: No

Only AddOns running were Duala, Lingor and CBA, let me know if I can help? I think we should try Takistan if you have one!

Edited by vengeance1

UPDATE - 6-1-12

Fixed - Packing Up Enemys Base.

Fixed - Starting with the last players units.

Fixed - Code for waypoints.

Fixed - If UAV goes down , now you will be kicked from Remote Construction.

Fixed - AI Base can still make base buildings after Total Items reached.

Added - Pickup Smoke now is the colour of the side.

Added - Total goes RED when reached.

Added - Leave group action.

Added - Make Empty Vehicle, Building , Man after Total Items has been reached.

Added - Make Empty Vehicle after Item Ammount has been reached.

Added - Player Group Size in Params.

Added - Restrict Player Build Time in the params.

Added - Rejoin Message if you join a side that is down.

I will Update the links in the first post when its tested for a day. :)

Edit

Cleaned some publicvars up.

Edited by Zonekiller

Utes is on fire ..... Utes is on fire !

I am running 3 sides, 2 bases, standard options and the action is non-stop!

EDIT: OMFG .... best .... game .... on Arma2 ..... I have .... EVER HAD ! The action was so intense that I lost one of my bases. It was then stolen by a Guerilla truck and was on it's way back to make a new Guer base, when OPFOR killed the truck, sent one of theirs to pick it up. My only remaining base was truly screwed, so I went into Remote Construction and started building it up slowly (the new restricted player build makes it HARD!) I somehow managed to get the base back up and running after a continual bombardment by Hinds and started the counterattack. A few M1A2 Abrams later and I had cleared my base perimeter. Next I needed AA - up goes a turret (and then down again). OK, so I need some more mobile AA - up goes an Avenger that immediately scores 2 air kills. This gives me enough breathing space to ...............

and the story goes on, and on and on!

Seriously ladies and gentlemen - you have NOT played Arma2 until you have played BattleZone on Utes :)

Edited by Kremator

Hi, ZoneKiller! Dont know how to thank you for this eternal fun! :) I enjoyed very much with playing your BF3 missions. and now we have THIS!

Another thanks for amazing adjustability of this mission! I already moved "BattleZone" to Sahrani. and i have some questions:

1. I used 2 different SLA and great PRACS addons for this BattleZone, and i miss some features that was in previous BF3 mission. As main clash on Sahrani is between RACS (Guer) and SLA (East) armies, it needs "No West" option. And, maybe, "No East" would be useful too, for other missions. :)

2. Is it possible to raise number of factions per side up to 3?

3. Can i use any supply truck, if i'll change it in "Mission_Settings.hpp"?

4. PRACS addon has its own warfare buildings. is there a way to use different buildings for different sides? if it is too complicated, forget it... just asked. :)

thanks again! i keep testing.

Ok we been having lots of fun with this, and we have tested adding MODS like PRACS to it as well.

Bottom Line: Tons of Action!

The PRACS MOD seems to play well for a few hours but then FPS got to heck and have to restart, not sure what it is about it that makes it lose FPS so badly.

Normal default Mission works great for hours.

These Suggestions came from Client Players:

1. Be nice to be able to select Spawn Location in beginning or mark the player selection to what container it will spawn with so players can spawn at same one together.

2. Be able to Lift the Containers with CH47

3. At times Helo will not ReArm on H-Pad, not sure why, Plane works fine

4. At times cannot Spawn certain types of Vehicle even using "E"

5. Add ability so Players can join other players Squad

6. What does the Laser Targeting Building do? Be nice to call "Request Laser Target Strike"

7. Once last night I loaded up my base container and the truck started drifting endlessly until it hit a rock and flew 100M in the air and down, it did this every time?

This is a wish list, as I said Tons of Action/Fun as it is.

Thanks

Hi, ZoneKiller! Dont know how to thank you for this eternal fun! :) I enjoyed very much with playing your BF3 missions. and now we have THIS!

Another thanks for amazing adjustability of this mission! I already moved "BattleZone" to Sahrani. and i have some questions:

1. I used 2 different SLA and great PRACS addons for this BattleZone, and i miss some features that was in previous BF3 mission. As main clash on Sahrani is between RACS (Guer) and SLA (East) armies, it needs "No West" option. And, maybe, "No East" would be useful too, for other missions. :)

2. Is it possible to raise number of factions per side up to 3?

3. Can i use any supply truck, if i'll change it in "Mission_Settings.hpp"?

4. PRACS addon has its own warfare buildings. is there a way to use different buildings for different sides? if it is too complicated, forget it... just asked. :)

thanks again! i keep testing.

Thanks Velzevul :)

Did you have any problems working out the Editor ?

1. Im Sure i can make the 2 Sides adjustable to be able to drop anyone side. will look into it. DONE

2. 3 factions per side may be a bit much in the params , BUT i should be able to add in the Preset factions a Mission Recomended Factions and you can add as many as you wish there. DONE

3. Yes you can just change the truck in "Mission_Settings.hpp" and it should work.

4. Im not sure as i dont know the PRACS config for there buildings. They must have a side - Not just be CIV- and there base classes do get used in about 7 scripts

Code where Base classes are used

if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBFieldhHospital") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Medic_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Warfare_HQ_base_unfolded") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Fortifications_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBArtilleryRadar") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Defences_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBBarracks") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Soldiers_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBLightFactory") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Cars_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Trucks_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBHeavyFactory") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Tanks_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBAircraftFactory") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Helicopters_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBAntiAirRadar") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Planes_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBContructionSite") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_Ships_Pos",_pos,false]};
	if (_itemclass isKindOf "Base_WarfareBUAVterminal") then {_My_HQ setvariable ["My_UAV_Pos",_pos,false]};

So if they do have a side and they are in these base classes then yes its easy -

Just change there type in "InitFolder/USER_ARRAYS.hpp for each side.

InitFolder/USER_ARRAYS.hpp

switch (_catbase) do 
{
	case "Base" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBFieldhHospital_EP1","Base","Field Hospital"]]};
	case "Fortifications" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["M1130_HQ_unfolded_EP1","Base","Fortifications Supplies"]]};
	case "Defences" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBArtilleryRadar_EP1","Base","Defence Radar"]]};
	case "Soldiers" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBBarracks_EP1","Base","Barracks"]]};
	case "Cars" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBLightFactory_EP1","Base","Car Repair"]]};
	case "Trucks" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint_EP1","Base","Truck Repair"]]};
	case "Tanks" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBHeavyFactory_EP1","Base","Tank Repair"]]};
	case "Helicopters" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBAircraftFactory_EP1","Base","Helicopter Station"]]};
	case "Planes" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBAntiAirRadar_EP1","Base","Aircraft Radar"]]};
	case "Ships" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBContructionSite_EP1","Base","Boat House"]]};
	case "Uav" : {_myvehW = _myvehW + [["US_WarfareBUAVterminal_EP1","Base","Remote Link"]]};
};

If not Use Windows Grep to search for "Base_WarfareBFieldhHospital" ect and change where its needed.

Keep posting in your requests and suggestions :)

Edited by Zonekiller

Did you have any problems working out the Editor ?

No problems at all, thanks! Editor is very simple and handy.

maybe, there was one parameter i wanted to vary - diameter of "Ban build" area.

3. Yes you can just change the truck in "Mission_Settings.hpp" and it should work.

it worked for me at 50%. Changed truck for SLA successfully. But changed RACS trucks (IVECO open) didnt work well. After mission start soldiers mounted at trucks, but containers attached to it at wrong position and nothing happened, trucks didnt teleport at bases positions.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

The PRACS MOD seems to play well for a few hours but then FPS got to heck and have to restart, not sure what it is about it that makes it lose FPS so badly.

Confirm.

7. Once last night I loaded up my base container and the truck started drifting endlessly until it hit a rock and flew 100M in the air and down, it did this every time?

met the same. after i packed workshop, truck with container jumped aside in a few meters and was stopped by building.

and...

for some reason, i havent "pack workshop" action, if i built empty supply truck and got to container by myself.

Ok we been having lots of fun with this, and we have tested adding MODS like PRACS to it as well.

Bottom Line: Tons of Action!

Normal default Mission works great for hours.

These Suggestions came from Client Players:

1. Be nice to be able to select Spawn Location in beginning or mark the player selection to what container it will spawn with so players can spawn at same one together.

2. Be able to Lift the Containers with CH47

3. At times Helo will not ReArm on H-Pad, not sure why, Plane works fine

4. At times cannot Spawn certain types of Vehicle even using "E"

5. Add ability so Players can join other players Squad

6. What does the Laser Targeting Building do? Be nice to call "Request Laser Target Strike"

This is a wish list, as I said Tons of Action/Fun as it is.

Thanks

vengeance1

ThankYou for helping with Testing and Ideas and your Cool comments.

1. I will look in to Start spawn location

2. Lift the Containers with CH47 - Maybe not i see to many issues - ie chopper shot down over water or in a forest.

3. Is the HeliPad within 100 meters of the HQ, are you driver or gunner ?

4. What type of vehicles cant you make ?

5. will look into Players in the same group - what benifits is there for players to be in the same group ? -

the (big fire) issue and vehicles not moving and dead vehicles not deleting has been tracked down to PLAYERS disconnecting

while vehicles are still local to them and when they transfer back to the server they dont take there scripts with them

(Great Bis Idea) im still working this out so when i do i will see about the players joining other players -

as that will just have more locality issues.

6. when buildings are spotted a laser target is added to them to make them a more atractive target - no need for "Request Laser Target Strike" as the planes already bomb them.

am looking into a call support system like the pickup request.

7. I have not seen the issue of the trucks moving like that since i fixed it (as good as one can) - try moving the HQ_base location just a bit. - i will see if it can be improved also.

Try leaving out one Class of vehicle each time you play and see if its just a type of vehicle that causes the FPS drop.

If it is a type of vehicle causing the issue

in "InitFolder\BF3_Arrays.sqf" there is

_forbidedmenclass = ["FR_Base"];

_forbidedvehicleclass = ["ParachuteBase","TowingTractor","mybustedvehicle"];// add the offending vehicle or class to here

Feel free to send over your mission and i will look at the changes to see if anything may conflict with my code.

Not much should.

Anyone tryied this with ACE ?

Thanks again :)

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

No problems at all, thanks! Editor is very simple and handy.

maybe, there was one parameter i wanted to vary - diameter of "Ban build" area.

There is a Banbuild size setting in the

User_Settings\Mission_Settings.hpp

nobuilddis = 170;

I have updated the comment

it worked for me at 50%. Changed truck for SLA successfully. But changed RACS trucks (IVECO open) didnt work well. After mission start soldiers mounted at trucks, but containers attached to it at wrong position and nothing happened, trucks didnt teleport at bases positions.

I forgot to mention to change the truck types in the mission editor.

and thats in the Beta Update and after

but containers attached to it at wrong position

With the trucks the attachto settings are here

"ZKsBuild\s_packup.sqf"

_holder = "baseball" createvehiclelocal [(getpos _My_HQ select 0),(getpos _My_HQ select 0),-5];

if (_side == west) then

{

_truck = [(Base_Trucks select 0)];

_tpos = [-0.08,-2,.745]; // adjust this for container sitting on back of west truck

};

if (_side == east) then

{

_truck = [(Base_Trucks select 1)];

_tpos = [-0.04,-1.65,.66]; // adjust this for container sitting on back of east truck

};

if (_side == resistance) then

{

_truck = [(Base_Trucks select 2)];

_tpos = [-0.04,-1.65,.66]; // adjust this for container sitting on back of resistance truck

};

_truckarray = (nearestObjects [_My_HQ,Base_Trucks, 15]);

_Hauler = (_truckarray select 0);

_My_HQ animate ["door_1_1", 1];

_My_HQ animate ["door_1_2", 1];

_My_HQ animate ["door_2_1", 1];

_My_HQ animate ["door_2_2", 1];

//to try and stop the containers moving the trucks

_holder attachTo [_Hauler,[0,0,-5]];// try making this -6 *you must edit the line below as well*

_My_HQ attachTo [_holder,[(_tpos select 0),(_tpos select 1),((_tpos select 2) + 5.3)]];// try making this + 6.4 or + 6.2

sleep .2;

detach _My_HQ;

_My_HQ attachTo [_Hauler,_tpos];

for some reason, i havent "pack workshop" action, if i built empty supply truck and got to container by myself.

I will look into that -

You do have to build the truck thats in Trucks - not any that are in Cars.

I hope this helps some :)

Edited by Zonekiller

Zonekiller

3. Is the HeliPad within 100 meters of the HQ, are you driver or gunner ?

Yes the HeliPad was 50 meters or less from the HQ within the compound of the South Airport.

4. What type of vehicles cant you make ?

Tanks for sure but others were affected as well I will keep a better notes on it, next time I am on the server.

5. will look into Players in the same group - what benifits is there for players to be in the same group ?

Basically the visual of seeing there Green ID as well as AI within our group, and giving command markers to teammates.

7. I have not seen the issue of the trucks moving

When it happens it happens immediately as soon as it is loaded.

"looking into a call support system " Great idea, also be able to Drop a Ammo-crate.

"Feel free to send over your mission" be happy to do so but all I did is enter "PRACS" as you instructed in both files and changed the starting soldiers to PRACS as well. I did not change the Truck. You should be able to simulate easily but if not let me know.

Again the demo mission runs great! :)

Zonekiller, thanks for instructions.

i guess, the problem with PRACS trucks is that they are not in default group "Cars" in editor. All PRACS cars placed in their own group "Vehicles".

some more questions...

1. have i to place HeliPad within 100m of every HQ spot, if i want to provide repair/rearm for helicopters at this bases?

2. does static weapons rearm at whole basebuild area or within 100m of HQ too?

Only Player vehicles need to get within 100 mtrs of the HQ , All static weapons rearm 2 minutes after firing first round - that way it leaves a window if the static fires all its rounds fast.

Heli Pads are optional , If its there they will use it ,if it is not they will make there own HeliH

I will try and look at the PRACS Addon soon.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

UPDATE - 6-1-12

Fixed - Packing Up Enemys Base.

Fixed - Starting with the last players units.

Fixed - Code for waypoints.

Fixed - If UAV goes down , now you will be kicked from Remote Construction.

Fixed - AI Base can still make base buildings after Total Items reached.

Added - Pickup Smoke now is the colour of the side.

Added - Total goes RED when reached.

Added - Leave group action.

Added - Make Empty Vehicle, Building , Man after Total Items has been reached.

Added - Make Empty Vehicle after Item Ammount has been reached.

Added - Player Group Size in Params.

Added - Restrict Player Build Time in the params.

Added - Rejoin Message if you join a side that is down.

Tuned - Cleaned some publicvars up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE V1 - 11-1-12

Fixed - Trucks less likely to get stuck.

Fixed - All Players Local Vehicles and Men fully transferred back to server on disconnect.

Fixed - Guer RESPAWN now works when you click on the word RESPAWN not just the Map.

Fixed - Mortars fire more.

Fixed - Respawn - will end mission for that side when no bases are left and exit If you Click on Respawn.

Fixed - Player Respawn error when no units alive on players side.

Added - Sides Used In The Mission - in params - Now can leave out any side.

Added - Factions : Mission Suggested Factions - in params - add your factions to "InitFolder\Mission_Factions.hpp".

Added - Markers for Trucks.

Added - helpdis = 2000; max distance to call for AUTO support in "User_Settings\Mission_Settings.hpp"

Tuned - Vehicle Movement , Packing Up trucks , Builder_interface.fsm - Only Choppers are now Made localy.

Re-work - YES - Lots of code enhanced.

Edited by Zonekiller

Thanks ZK! When I get home I'll be able to test this. I've been snowed under with work and am missing my daily BattleZone fix :)

Time to set Utes on fire again MUHAHAHAHAHA

@vengeance1

also be able to Drop a Ammo-crate. ? .i will see what i can do :)

what side are the truck that has the issue ?

i have made an adjustment but as it dont happen for me im just guessing.

Locality issues with disconnect for players to be in the same group are many at this stage :( -

The Helis not rearming , still looking into this - have not had it happen myself

AI heli pilots need to land to rearm , players dont. Players just need to do a low flyover the HQ to rearm.

There is a possibality that the heli has changed its base HQ. "Backup system if the vehicle losses a varabile"

in the next UPDATE i will make it so you can rearm at any or your sides bases - that should be sorted then.

remember guys/gal - if you do find a bug , try to remember side - base - vehicle type

there are a few 1000 lines of code to go through - it will make it a quicker fix

Thanks for your input - keep it comming :)

Zonekiller,

Is it possible to move "class RscTitles" and "class CfgSounds" back to the Description.ext file and you use #include? I am trying to integrate other scripts that have these parameters and they use "include" statements that will not work if I have to embed them into your sub files like ZKsBuild.hpp because it is handling the RscTitles.

#ifdef R3F_LOGISTICS

#include <support\modules\R3F_logistics\desc_rsct_include.h>

#endif

#ifdef RMM_CAS

#include <support\modules\rmm_cas\LDL_ac130\Includes\RscTitles.hpp>

#endif

Hope this makes sense!

The Truck Issue was West Side, non-airport base from mission start

The Helo Rearm issue is only with Helo's? Not Planes, and we are landing on the HeliPad, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, didn't even think about same base to rearm, we fly in packs and then RTB to rearm, West, both bases being used, AH64

Thanks

Vengeance

Edited by vengeance1

Thanks for update! Configuring factions is much easy now!

something i found...

1. i was not able to build "Shilka" and "Tunguska". side - east, faction - RU, vehicle - tanks.

and about AI behaviour. looks like part of AI squads continues follow random waipoints, even if all enemy bases already discovered. and, unlike previous BF3 missions, AI doesn't occupy empty vehicles and static weps. and if i built a tank, i cant get in as a commander, but when i get in as a gunner, AI dismounts, but not moves to empty commander place.

i have more questions about ai, but it hard for me to formulate it with my rusty english. :)

thanks for keeping work!

I downloaded PRACS , added the pracs faction to the "InitFolder\Mission_Factions.hpp".

Tested it local and on a dedicated server - No issues at all for me ????

all tanks made correctly

I do get the message that "downloadable content not installed"

If i can work out how to get rid of that i will.

But they still all made and worked well.

To get around it i just add a empty vehicle of that class somewhere on the map and delete it when the mission starts - like in Duala.

ive never got activateAddons to work yet.

Yes AI do not automount like in BF3 - it required too much CPU power for the amount of vehicles in BZ so i had to take it out.

Yes AI Will still patrol even tho all bases are found. - some will go straight to a base others will patrol , they do get called in for support

if they within 2000 meters of a enemy when it is spotted and if they are needed.

I had to rewrite the getin actions due to locality issues , NO you cant get in as commander as the vehicle will not move if you do, but you can move to commander,

"AI dismounts, but not moves to empty commander place."
sorry dont see this at all even with PRACS.

i was not able to build "Shilka" and "Tunguska". side - east, faction - RU, vehicle - tanks.
again can not reproduce this even with PRACS installed.

I know the Tunguska bounces when your making it and god knows why its the only one.

also i could not find PRACS warfare buildings ? to test , using them instead.

Tho i do like how PRACS gives GUER a good fighting chance.

Is it possible to move "class RscTitles" and "class CfgSounds" back to the Description.ext file and you use #include? I am trying to integrate other scripts that have these parameters

YES you can.

where it says #include "script" delete that line and copy the contents of the file it points to where the include was. in ZKsbuild there will be a MAP include in class RscTitles also so check for that.

Im still working on getting the gunner of a tank to fire when your commander - have no idea why it wont YET.

There is still a MY Waypoint marker issue "sometimes" still looking in to that.

and testing the FPS issue with PRACS also.

are you guys running any other Addons ???

Edited by Zonekiller