Sign in to follow this  
neokika

Support Radio

I had some trouble too, there was two things that threw me off.

First, I had the player character (this setCaptive true), when this is true you cannot access anything on UI, because it's for WEST i think.

Second, I did not leave the array brackets in place, as it says to do in the readme. I believe they need to be in place for transport,cas,arty, even if your not using some of them.

Plus, I think you might need to change the init. to proper side (i remember it being west), since you are OPFOR.

Side note... This Script is Bad Ass!

Thanks for your work neokika.

You were right! Damn, good stuff man.

In RED is what I changed:

[
NEO_coreLogic,
[
	[color="#FF0000"]East,[/color]
	[

[
			getMarkerPos [color="#FF0000"]"transport",[/color] 
			[color="#FF0000"]"VME_PLA_Mi17",[/color] 
			[color="#FF0000"]"Laoying",[/color] 
			["pickup", "land", "land (eng off)", "move", "circle"], 
			{}
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_02", 
			"MH6J_EP1", 
			[color="#FF0000"]"N/A",[/color] 
			{}
		]
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_03", 
			"UH60M_EP1", 
			{}
		]
	],
	[
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_00", 
			"AH64D",
			"N/A",
			{}
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_01", 
			"A10_US_EP1",
			{}
		]
	],
	[
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_arty_00",
			"MLRS",
			[["HE", 30]],
			{}
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_arty_01",
			"M119",
			[["HE", 30], ["WP", 20], ["ILLUM", 2], ["SADARM", 5], ["LASER", 10], ["SMOKE", 50]],
			{}
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_arty_02",
			"M119_US_EP1",
			[["LASER", 2], ["SMOKE", 10]],
			{}
		]

]
]
] execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf";

I've been trying to integrate your script into a slightly modified version of roy86's patrol ops 2.

I've set things up so that the assets spawn correctly (I want to use just heli's, but can and arty also spawn correctly) however the "support radio" option in the scroll wheel never shows up, even when I have the required items. In addition when I get in a helicopter I get the "talk to pilot" function, but when I use it the menu opens but does not contain anything. I have the GPS, the map, the outer menu box and the text, but no transport option to click on.

The script works elsewhere so it's something in patrol ops 2 that's blocking it somehow, but while I'm reading through your scripts trying to figure out either what I've done dramatically wrong or what in patrol ops 2 is blocking your script, do you have any ideas what it might be, or what other code you'd like me to post here?

Many thanks

Thanks for creating this great script, Neo. I'm using it in a SP dynamic mission (based on MSO), but I'm having trouble fine-tuning the attibutes of the units that the script spawns. Specifically, I'd like to make the spawned helicopters, artillary and their crews invincible.

I've had some luck with this formulation, but unfortunately helicopter pilots still seem to be able to take damage and randomly abandon their aircraft:

[
NEO_coreLogic,
[
	WEST,
	[
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00", 
			"DDAM_Merlin_HC3_D", 
			"Eagle-One", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_one.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false}
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_01", 
			"AW159_Lynx_BAF", 
			"Eagle-Two", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_two.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false}
		],
		[
			"CH_47F_BAF", 
			"Eagle-Three", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_three.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false}
		]
	],
	[
		[
			"BAF_Apache_AH1_D",
			"Falcon-One",
			{(_this select 0) allowdamage false; (_this select 1) allowdamage false}
		]
	],
	[
		[
			"M119",
			"M119 K11",
			[["HE", 999], ["ILLUM", 999], ["SADARM", 999], ["LASER", 999], ["SMOKE", 999], ["WP", 999]],
			{(_this select 0) setcombatmode "Blue"; (_this select 0) setbehaviour "careless"}
		],
		[
			"M252",
			"81mm Mor K12",
			[["HE", 999], ["ILLUM", 999], ["WP", 999]],
			{(_this select 0) setcombatmode "Blue"; (_this select 0) setbehaviour "careless"}
		],
		[
			"MLRS",
			"MLRS K13",
			[["HE", 999]],
			{(_this select 0) allowdamage false; (_this select 0) setbehaviour "careless"}
		]
	]
]

Could you give me a steer on:

1. How I can make the spawned units AND their crews invincible
  2. How I can set the behaviour of the spawned units AND their crews
  3. If it is possible to 'lock' the units so that the crews can't jump out

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Since this thread is back up, ill mention i slight problem i've had.

I'm using group respawn, it is a 3-10 player coop. There's 3 teams, the leader gets nothing in the init. field, the other playable AI get this,

dummy = this spawn { if (local _this) then { waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic } }; waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray" } }; _this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray") }; };

This works great when you do respawn within your own group.

But, if we play with more than just the 3 team leaders, you get a double addAction "Support Radio" .

I've also wondered if anyone has successfully gotten the Arty to spawn at sea, to give the impression of a ship. I gave it a quick shot and failed.

Edited by PlacidPaul

[*]How I can make the spawned units AND their crews invincible

Hi Alex,

Where you have:

{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_one.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false}

Include the crew also, in a loop or something, the code block also returns the chopper crew as an array and can be accessed by _this select 2:

{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_one.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false; { _x allowDamage false; } foreach (_this select 2);}

[*]How I can set the behaviour of the spawned units AND their crews

The behaviour of the units is controlled by the scripts, you may force it like in the above case.

[*]If it is possible to 'lock' the units so that the crews can't jump out

You may achieve that effect by disabling the damage on the chopper and it's crew.

Hi PlacidPaul,

I do plan to release a version that supports respawn.

Thanks for your reply, Neo. I've implemented the code that you provided and it has almost fixed the odd behaviour that I was experiencing.

[
NEO_coreLogic,
[
	WEST,
	[
		[
			"DDAM_Merlin_HC3_D", 
			"Eagle-One", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_one.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false;			{ _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 2)} 
		],
		[
			getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_01", 
			"AW159_Lynx_BAF", 
			"Eagle-Two", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_two.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false;			{ _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 2)} 
		],
		[
			"CH_47F_BAF", 
			"Eagle-Three", 
			{(_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_eagle_three.sqf"}];(_this select 0) allowdamage false;			{ _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 2)} 
		]
	],
	[
		[
			"BAF_Apache_AH1_D",
			"Falcon-One",
			{(_this select 0) allowdamage false; { _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 2)} 
		]
	],
	[
		[
			"M119",
			"M119 K11",
			[["HE", 999], ["ILLUM", 999], ["SADARM", 999], ["LASER", 999], ["SMOKE", 999], ["WP", 999]],
			{(_this select 0) allowdamage false; { _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 3); { _x setcombatmode "BLUE"} foreach (_this select 3);{ _x setbehaviour "CARELESS"} foreach (_this select 3)} 
		],
		[
			"M252",
			"81mm Mor K12",
			[["HE", 999], ["ILLUM", 999], ["WP", 999]],
			{(_this select 0) allowdamage false; { _x allowDamage false} foreach (_this select 3); { _x setcombatmode "BLUE"} foreach (_this select 3);{ _x setbehaviour "CARELESS"} foreach (_this select 3)}
		],
		[
			"MLRS",
			"MLRS K13",
			[["HE", 999]],
		]
	]
]

Now, my pilots / artillery crew are invincible at the beginning of a mission (you can shoot the gunner of a helicopter or a mortarman and they are undamaged), but at some point during the mission, something strange happens - they randomly abandon their posts and just stand around, chilling out. When you shoot the crew in this state, they are vulnerable and die right away.

I'm running a large number of mods, in addition to the scripts associated with MSO, so I'm willing to bet the issue is related to some kind of conflict, although I have already tried removing all AI mods to no avail.

Do you have any thoughts as to what could cause the state that the crew have been set into (i.e. allowdamage false) to be reset during the course of a game?

Cheers!

Alex

Do you have any thoughts as to what could cause the state that the crew have been set into (i.e. allowdamage false) to be reset during the course of a game?

Not really and they should never leave their vehicle unless it has been damaged in a way that it cannot be used by the units any more.

Hi, first off neo, love your script! i did modify the "low" transport height to 30 m so the player can direct the chopper to a location and hover and deploy ropes in ace... a dedicated rope option would be cool however.

My question however, is, I want to make a trigger that when a radio tower is destroyed the defending team (opfor) (this is a PVP mission) can not access the support radio. then once they are pushed back to the next objective zone i would like to re-enable it. is this possible? Furthermore, does anyone know how to "repair" the tower so that the defending team can restore their support radio?

also i am testing my mission and noticing that the ai arty are automatically sending out shells as soon as enemy is spotted. any way to stop this from happening? are the ai teammates using the radio? If so thats awesome but would like to turn it off.

Thanks!

Edited by CottoN

Hm, I've looked through all the 14 pages, and no one seem to raise this question up.

Having a issue on a map with no airfield. (The ACR map, forget the name ATM, but its not the NW Airfield cut out one). Anyways, I don't get this issue on maps with a airfield. But since this one has none, I cant get the A-10 CAS to take off. I have tried moving his spawn marker to flat ground off the map, and all he does is act like he is trying to taxi to a runway. I've looked through the files & can't seem to find the correction section I am looking for, or my eyes have just kept passing over it. Is there anyway to force him to take off soon as he starts his engine & gets a support call? I have him currently in a empty area, that is clear as clear can be, so he can make the correct speed / length for take off. Otherwise, if this is not possible, how can I make it so he is not available and stick with Apache CAS. Anyway about doing this Neo? Besides that, I have no issue, and had none for a long time using this fantastic script!

EDIT: Oh, there is one thing that I have seen people say. The transport speed, even at fast... is terribly slow. Almost painful to use. Sort of like waiting for paint to dry.

-Cheers

Edited by KilrBe3

Neokika,

How would I change this?

getpos [x,y,z], ??? Does not seem to work, I am trying to spawn vehicle on deck of Carrier.

yes dont work, please any idea spawn vehicle on LHD?

Hm, I've looked through all the 14 pages, and no one seem to raise this question up.

Having a issue on a map with no airfield. (The ACR map, forget the name ATM, but its not the NW Airfield cut out one). Anyways, I don't get this issue on maps with a airfield. But since this one has none, I cant get the A-10 CAS to take off. I have tried moving his spawn marker to flat ground off the map, and all he does is act like he is trying to taxi to a runway. I've looked through the files & can't seem to find the correction section I am looking for, or my eyes have just kept passing over it. Is there anyway to force him to take off soon as he starts his engine & gets a support call? I have him currently in a empty area, that is clear as clear can be, so he can make the correct speed / length for take off. Otherwise, if this is not possible, how can I make it so he is not available and stick with Apache CAS. Anyway about doing this Neo? Besides that, I have no issue, and had none for a long time using this fantastic script!

EDIT: Oh, there is one thing that I have seen people say. The transport speed, even at fast... is terribly slow. Almost painful to use. Sort of like waiting for paint to dry.

-Cheers

Hi KilrBe3,

The CAS as a plane requires a map with at least one Airfield. :(

yes dont work, please any idea spawn vehicle on LHD?

Hi grande1982,

You can use the code parameter of the unit in question to position it at the LHD height, something like:

[
"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",
"Eagle-One",
{ _vehicle = _this select 0; _pos = getPosASL _vehicle; _pos set [2, 15.9]; _vehicle setPosASL _pos; } //***The important part***
]

Where 15.9 is the meters the vehicle will be above sea level.

I've got aircraft to take off from the Desert using an increasing velocity but getting them to land is much harder.

Neo, we have been using Spt Radio exclusively for our SH, CAS and OS in VCB - it's the only script of its kind that works 100% reliably and is close-to-real enough for our purposes. The only thing missing is Self Propelled Guns - no fault of SR, there simple isn't a mod for it (the Paladin unfortunately does not use BIS arty so is incompatible). I've been playing around with trying to make a script for AI to tow the light guns but I'm frankly pretty terrible at scripting.

I have successfully integrated it with MSO. With your permission, I would be interested in making Spt Radio the 'official' MSO support module (replacing the rather clunky medevac and CAS modules we have now). It would take a bit of fettling to make it compatible with Persistent DB but I hope something that the MSO team could manage with a bit of investigation.

Hi grande1982,

You can use the code parameter of the unit in question to position it at the LHD height, something like:

[
"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",
"Eagle-One",
{ _vehicle = _this select 0; _pos = getPosASL _vehicle; _pos set [2, 15.9]; _vehicle setPosASL _pos; } //***The important part***
]

Where 15.9 is the meters the vehicle will be above sea level.

Hi Neo, it works but not the way it should, the heli appears at the LHD but when you give the order to go back to base, it tries to land on deck but it doesn´t and goes to find another landing zone. Due to the fact that being in the middle of the ocean, it goes back to the closest shore to land.

I think that the script thinks that the LHD is similar to a rock or a tree, and when it tries to land, detect something that could risk the landing and searches for an alternative LZ.

i was building a mission lately wich takes place at night time and i hadn't seen it before but at night all chopper fly with full lights on any idea on how to change that ? or can it be changed ?

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

i know its a problem on maps with out correct airfield setup most map have one working airfield and other airfields can't be used by AI (although some addon makers nowadays make all airfields usable :) ) flat land is no airstrip/airfield in game for that you would need Mando's take off and landing scripts

i was building a mission lately wich takes place at night time and i hadn't seen it before but at night all chopper fly with full lights on any idea on how to change that ? or can it be changed ?

I believe that it is possible, have you tried to set them to combat mode through the unit interface?

it works with combat

[	
getMarkerPos "trans3",
"UH60M_EP1",
"Mamba-One",
{  (_this select 0) addEventHandler["Killed", { execVM "respawn_mamba1.sqf"}]; (_this select 0) setBehaviour "COMBAT";}
]

Also, thought i would add to my post above about the double addactions with respawn, this is what i do now

whatever.sqf

waitUntil { !isNull player };
waitUntil { player == player };

player addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray");

if ( isNil{player getVariable "mk_killedEHadded"} ) then 
{
player addEventHandler ["killed", 
{ 
	[] spawn {
		waitUntil { alive player };
		execVM "whatever.sqf";

};	
}];
player setVariable ["mk_killedEHadded", true];
};

This also needs to be run at init., this way doesn't need the dummy line in the unit init . avoids the double addaction and is mp respawn

Edited by PlacidPaul

Hello,

I've used Support Radio in many missions now, and I love it. When I play with my friends, there are generally only 3-4 of us on a map, so support radio allows us to take on larger targets and be transported to the AOs easier.

I recently acquired MSO and Patrol Ops to play around with the dynamic missions and whatnot, and for the life of me I havent been able to incorporate Support Radio into either of these missions. I tracked down the RscTitles class and added the lines around that, and I added the block inside init. Obviously I've added the appropriate markers and NEO function as well.

The expected result would be the Support Radio action, but I never get that on the units (radio and gps are in the inventory)

However, if I jump into one of the support helicopters (The support units DO spawn), I have an option to talk to the pilot, as WELL as a Support Radio option now. However, when I make a selection, the Available Support area is blank. No CAS, No Transport, No Arty. I'm not getting any crashes, any errors, I've checked arma2oa.RPT and its fine.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before? Any tips on what I can do to address it?

Hello,

I've used Support Radio in many missions now, and I love it. When I play with my friends, there are generally only 3-4 of us on a map, so support radio allows us to take on larger targets and be transported to the AOs easier.

I recently acquired MSO and Patrol Ops to play around with the dynamic missions and whatnot, and for the life of me I havent been able to incorporate Support Radio into either of these missions. I tracked down the RscTitles class and added the lines around that, and I added the block inside init. Obviously I've added the appropriate markers and NEO function as well.

The expected result would be the Support Radio action, but I never get that on the units (radio and gps are in the inventory)

However, if I jump into one of the support helicopters (The support units DO spawn), I have an option to talk to the pilot, as WELL as a Support Radio option now. However, when I make a selection, the Available Support area is blank. No CAS, No Transport, No Arty. I'm not getting any crashes, any errors, I've checked arma2oa.RPT and its fine.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before? Any tips on what I can do to address it?

Yes, all night!

OK, to get the support radio showing I put the init command into the Patrol Ops 2 init_mps.sqf, about right after

[] execVM (mps_path+"init_mps_client.sqf");

. Then I go into the editor and make sure the NEO core logic Functions module is in the mission. Then I delete the Functions module that was originally in the PO2 mission. You can't have both functions modules. It took me hours to figure that out. Afterwards, you should have the support radio option appear for any unit with a radio, and the support radio will not longer be empty.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much. I'm surprised it took this long to get a response, and now I feel silly for not thinking about that. 2 Function modules... Tada!

Now it seems the only problem I'm having is that on a modified Domination scenario (by Xeno of course) , Support Radio works fine when I'm hosting from in game. However, if I use a dedicated server it does not. Almost the same as above except the Support Radio action IS present, it's just empty. I then noticed that the assets are not spawned on the markers. I tested creation of an asset using

nul = execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\respawn_eagleone.sqf"; hint "Eagle One Respawned";

and it spawned on the marker. However, Support radio still did not have Transport listed, and when I jumped in and used 'Talk to Pilot', the dialog box was still empty.

Could this be something I've done during the modifications? All I've really done is change the units and add some assets so I wouldnt think that was the case. I'm just not really understanding why it works just fine in the editor and when hosted from inside the game, but as soon as it hits a dedi it breaks.

Edited by johnofwax

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much. I'm surprised it took this long to get a response, and now I feel silly for not thinking about that. 2 Function modules... Tada!

Now it seems the only problem I'm having is that on a modified Domination scenario (by Xeno of course) , Support Radio works fine when I'm hosting from in game. However, if I use a dedicated server it does not. Almost the same as above except the Support Radio action IS present, it's just empty. I then noticed that the assets are not spawned on the markers. I tested creation of an asset using

nul = execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\respawn_eagleone.sqf"; hint "Eagle One Respawned";

and it spawned on the marker. However, Support radio still did not have Transport listed, and when I jumped in and used 'Talk to Pilot', the dialog box was still empty.

Could this be something I've done during the modifications? All I've really done is change the units and add some assets so I wouldnt think that was the case. I'm just not really understanding why it works just fine in the editor and when hosted from inside the game, but as soon as it hits a dedi it breaks.

That is interesting. I'm not very keen on the Domination scripts, so I'm not sure why it works in editor but not the dedi server.

I have a problem though trying to respawn supports in PO2. The vehicle respawns....but it respawns 20-30 times on the marker....causing a catastrophic calimity.

I sometimes have issues with mass respawns of the assets as well. What trigger condition are you using to respawn the asset?

I sometimes have issues with mass respawns of the assets as well. What trigger condition are you using to respawn the asset?

I was using the HandleDamage eventhandler (below), but I had no luck with suppressing these mass spawns. So I resorted back to the Killed eventHandler as that has not given me mass spawns as of yet.

(_this select 0) addEventHandler["HandleDamage", 
{
  _chopper = _this select 0;

if (!alive driver _chopper || !canMove _chopper || !alive _chopper) then
  {
     execVM "respawn_eagle_one.sqf";
  };
}];  

ahh gotcha. At this point, I'm using the same conditions in your if statement but sometimes when a chopper respawns it just keeps doing it over and over. I'll have to play with it a bit more and see what might be causing it. At first I thought it was the possibility of enemies blowing up the chopper where it sits, and the chopper trying to respawn on a wreck, but since it gets deleted in the respawn script that's not the case.