Sign in to follow this  
lennard

Enhanced Night Vision Goggle (ENVG), AN/PSQ-20

I didn't really know where to post this, but I think this is the right section.

I was thinking about making the AN/PSQ-20, though I thought it would be nice to actually have it really working as it would in real life.

It basicly mixes conventional NVG and Thermals and computes this rather nifty image.

This is how it loos like in RL:

4996622995_42884fdf3b_m.jpg

- Click for bigger pic

My question is whether this would be somewhat possible in Arma 2 CO?

Edited by Lennard

I don't know if it's possible but I'd love for you to try. That image looks great.

This is how it loos like in RL:

4996622995_42884fdf3b_m.jpg

- Click for bigger pic

My question is whether this would be somewhat possible in Arma 2 CO?

In Arma 2? definitely not.

That image is basically doing edge detection on the thermals, and mixing it in as an overlay to the nvgs where it finds an edge. It'd be possible to do it if you could

a) Find a way to write custom post process shaders.

b) Have multiple renders, one in TI mode and one in NVG mode.

tl;dr; no, but if you're lucky yes in arma 3

Lennard, if you could work how the BIS Metis sights work, they have a red thermal sight, im sure you could just change it to be green. That would give you NV capability and IR. Not quite like the picture, which seems to show limited thermal signatures, but it would be half way there i guess.

Lennard, if you could work how the BIS Metis sights work, they have a red thermal sight, im sure you could just change it to be green. That would give you NV capability and IR. Not quite like the picture, which seems to show limited thermal signatures, but it would be half way there i guess.

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware something like this was ingame. This might make it possible to create something that comes pretty close to RL.:)

I requested this in the past, but nobody seemed to know how to do it at the time. But, now there appears to be a way...

That sounds like the way to go. ;)

Hey Lennard :)

Today I discovered something and immediately thought of your mod.

Take a look at the first video here at about 2:40.

This comes closer to the ENVG than anything I have seen so far! Maybe the PLA team could help you :)

With best regards

pure

Operation Arrowhead has a few different thermal modes by default. Nothing like an image enhancer pnvs with a thermal overlay, though. The image you saw that was piquing your interest was probably an image of BIS's thermal imaging mode 7.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCamUseTi

These modes are the same for unit optics as far as I know.