Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

Another problems. Now with SP missions.

When i finish some mission (eg. "Cobra Assault", "Clean sweep"), checkbox in menu that indicates finished mission is not checked.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2070929&postcount=152

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Another bug is that pictures connected with missions in menu are mixed. Eg. picture from "Clean Sweep" is displayed when i have selected "Steal the Car II".

It occured first time when i finished "Cobra Assault". But i've observed earlier, that i have checked as finished mission which i never played (i don't remember which one).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2067153&postcount=110

Not marked as finished Missions should be fixed by now.

Mixer overview pictures is not good. Currently they are all named overview.paa - in the next update I give them unique file names, maybe that's fixing it. Haven't noticed that myself though.

hi Wolle,

thank you very much for the realese!

Congratulation for this big improvement of Arma2 :yay:

I would like to bring your attention this problem:

i got 3 crash to desktop, one after the other, when i have tried the island Malden preview by using the 2d editor (in the main screen).

I didn't have the same problem with the 3d editor.

Thank again and happy new year...

:)

Thank you for the report! This issue was of urgent priority for us. We found this internally and have since located and solved the problem. You'll be happy to know that this does not occur in our internal builds. It will be fixed in our next release.

Thank you for the report! This issue was of urgent priority for us. We found this internally and have since located and solved the problem. You'll be happy to know that this does not occur in our internal builds. It will be fixed in our next release.

ty very much...

can't wait till next release...

:)

I have to ask about it...

Do you intend to do whole campaigns from ofp, and ofp:resistance?

Another issue.

In the mission "Clean Sweep", chopper which should extract me, try to land on the area where trees and building are present and this cause his crash. Maybe should you move landing point slightly far from town?

Hello,

maybee chopper land there cause you stand in the middle of choppers landing zone?

Chopper extraction works fine - played it sensed 100 times without this problem.

regards

Finally got a chance to play through the lot past few days, brilliant work, possibly my Favourite mod at the moment, currently going through both this and ofp at the same time and looks and feel meticulous.

Just a small thing i noticed, in the SP mission were you're a rescue pilot at the end it says some txt about taskforce razor completing a mission and taking out Chdk'y below saying 'shift over' was not sure if that was meant to be there or not, just thought i would point it out as hadent seen someone saying anything so far.

Anyways, thanks for the work CWR team, made my week off playing these.

Have you added anything to the CWC demo campaign or is it the same as last release? bloody brillant mod by the way, it's like 2001 all over again!

Can both the campaigns (CWC & Resistance) both be played co-op?

If so, up to how many players?

We've answered this many times before in long form. The short form answer is: no, they can't be played coop.

Just a small thing i noticed, in the SP mission were you're a rescue pilot at the end it says some txt about taskforce razor completing a mission and taking out Chdk'y below saying 'shift over' was not sure if that was meant to be there or not, just thought i would point it out as hadent seen someone saying anything so far.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27358

Have you added anything to the CWC demo campaign or is it the same as last release? bloody brillant mod by the way, it's like 2001 all over again!

Only bugfixes, no new mission included because the current last mission is just perfect for the demo campaign. :)

I have to ask about it...

Do you intend to do whole campaigns from ofp, and ofp:resistance?

Yes, both "Cold War Crisis" and "Resistance" will be included. "Red Hammer" is not included because it's property of Codemasters.

Good to hear everyone enjoying this final Demo and no major Bugs are present. Thanks again to everyone reporting problems, we do our best to fix them all. :)

We've answered this many times before in long form. The short form answer is: no, they can't be played coop.

OK then maybe it would be a good idea to include it in a FAQ on your site.

I checked your site before asking the questions and there was no mention of this...

When you're looking for information on the forum, don't overlook the search function :)

Your faq idea seems like a good one, though... but I think that's the only one that's frequently asked. Maybe also 'will res be included?' and 'will red hammer be included?'

Edited by Max Power

When you're looking for information on the forum, don't overlook the search function :)

You're right but the CWR2 website, which is the official point of reference, lacks this information. So don't underestimate a FAQ :)

Chances are that questions asked here are probably asked by those who visit the CWR2 website.

Yes, both "Cold War Crisis" and "Resistance" will be included. "Red Hammer" is not included because it's property of Codemasters.

I would say any owner of Red Hammer can convert the material to Arma 2 standards via the CWR2 mod. As long as it's not publicly released...

Even though.... It's not that Codemasters deserves wishful thinking....

Carlos, if you're going to disregard the licenses and copyrights of others, do not involve us explicitly or implicitly. We've been walking this line since this thing started and we're not going to be dragged down by someone that thinks they are entitled to break software EULAs because they don't like the kinds of games a company publishes. We do not condone your opinions or agree with your views.

Only bugfixes, no new mission included because the current last mission is just perfect for the demo campaign. :)

Good to hear everyone enjoying this final Demo and no major Bugs are present. Thanks again to everyone reporting problems, we do our best to fix them all. :)

Oh you bastards :p

I guess you do have a bunch of people who do some closed beta testing with the missions?

Hey just wanted to pop in and say I very much enjoy this mod. The stability is fantastic and plays nice with my other mods.

Just finished "Alert", very fun so far. Keep up the good work!

Oh you bastards :p

I guess you do have a bunch of people who do some closed beta testing with the missions?

We have had a lot of problems with 'beta testers', so no, we don't have any (anymore). We have Sander who is ridiculously awesome who does most of it, and then we have the CBT- and sometimes the rest of the team finds bugs during the course of development. Many of our internal bugs have to do with packer alerts, or things we come across when we are testing something that's currently in development. We have 70 or so internal issues, but we do place importance on community feedback- which is the point, after all, of the beta releases.

So I guess it can´t be avoided that there will be some bugs when you release the rest of the campaign....

Even if we had a full team of beta testers and a rigorous testing regime, I think with a piece of software this complex and large in scope, there would still be bugs. Fixing bugs sometimes causes more bugs, sometimes bugs are invisible until there are certain circumstances, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks because your eyes are just so sick of looking at the same things that you're not really paying attention anymore. There will always be bugs.

The silver lining is that the more bugs you report to our tracker, the less there will be :)

Edited by Max Power

Carlos, if you're going to disregard the licenses and copyrights of others, do not involve us explicitly or implicitly. We've been walking this line since this thing started and we're not going to be dragged down by someone that thinks they are entitled to break software EULAs because they don't like the kinds of games a company publishes. We do not condone your opinions or agree with your views.

My view is simply this, i don't like codemasters, and everyone that owns redhammr can convert its content for his\her personal use. With th added condition that peopl do't release that content on the web

My view is simply this, i don't like codemasters, and everyone that owns redhammr can convert its content for his\her personal use. With th added condition that peopl do't release that content on the web

Your view was very clear in your first post. It did not require reiteration. Please consider your views like the actions they condone and refrain from releasing them on the web. Thank you.

Edited by Max Power