Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

I didn't have the problem, either.

I have noticed that using 1.60 + 87662 beta, the early campaign missions such as Camping and Alert are much easier than with 1.59 due to enhanced AI and fixed distant bullet damage.

[87640] Improved: AI units now give more preference to close targets (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25847)

[85440] Fixed: Bullets damage reduced too much over distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11479)

[85420] Improved: Direct damage is no longer artificaly reduced for lying soldiers (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20441)

among others...

In Campaign after loading the instructions/map-screen for the 5th mission (having a break at the camp), this strange error message appears:

"Campaigns\cwr2_1985_demo\missions\03bAlert.eden\m ission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item17.vehicle: Vehicle class MineMinE no longer exists".

I checked that mission before the last release and there was no "MineMinE" class name used. If it was there then it has been fixed long time.

Haven't played the campaign recently though, might do that sometime soon and see if I encounter any of these problems you have.

I would have expected something a little more grand in the way of gratitude and appreciation after so much harassment about it! :cryy:

I would have expected something a little more grand in the way of gratitude and appreciation after so much harassment about it! :cryy:

Thank you! Everything you guys do is greatly appreciated.

I gave the campaign a try over the weekend and played through it up to the escape through the woods mission. I'm stuck on this one at the moment as I keep getting plastered with grenades, but have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

The only error that I came across was the message "SFX Taps not found" at the end of the second mission, just before the panning over the graves.

The only bad spot that I encountered, not really the fault of the mission maker, was the last part of the retreat from Regina mission. The AI were in combat mode so they retreated by leapfrogging very slowly back up the hill but constantly facing the wrong direction. I don't know if this could be tweaked at all, maybe bundle them into a truck or the 113 that went racing through them at one point.

I've never played the original OFP so I can't comment on the mods adherence to the original but I did enjoy the missions so far and am looking forward to using the assets to create some of my own so thanks very much to the mod makers for all your work.

Scott

PS I was using the 1.6 patch and the latest beta.

To be honest, at first I was going to post all sort of huge FFFFUUUUUish pictures/GIFs lamenting the lack of AI, but I figured I would be a bit more appreciative.

If you decide to add AI support, then you will get the fanfare you so richly deserve. :)

The only error that I came across was the message "SFX Taps not found" at the end of the second mission, just before the panning over the graves.

The only bad spot that I encountered, not really the fault of the mission maker, was the last part of the retreat from Regina mission. The AI were in combat mode so they retreated by leapfrogging very slowly back up the hill but constantly facing the wrong direction. I don't know if this could be tweaked at all, maybe bundle them into a truck or the 113 that went racing through them at one point.

Taps played fine for me (unlike in the first demo). The guys face towards Regina while retreating 'cause they are still under fire from there, I think.

The woods mission (after Montignac) is almost the best mission of them all IMO. Feel the fear.....

Taps played fine for me (unlike in the first demo). The guys face towards Regina while retreating 'cause they are still under fire from there, I think.

Yeah. Thar be T80s.

The woods mission (after Montignac) is almost the best mission of them all IMO. Feel the fear.....

No the problem was that they weren't facing Regina, they were facing the direction that they were retreating, standing around with their backs to the enemy for minutes while they slowly moved up the hill.

I always did fresh installments of CWR and deleted the former missions and campaign ^^

I also do not use any other mods along CWR....

I finally wanna play the campaign too :cryy:

For proper fault determination there is some information missing that might be of influence: do you start this mission that gives the error message after loading an existing savegame that predates the current release of the campaign or have you started the newest release of the campaign afresh (with revert option) to reach that mission? By reporting the situation as precise as possible it is easier to narrow down possible causes. As a savegame that predates the last release of the campaign may store information from a previous incarnation it might cause trouble. By reverting the campaign any such saved information is discarded.

Regards,

Sander

Hey guys!

I am having a blast with CWR2! The campaign is awesome! The firefights last much longer than in OFP and for some reason, my teammates tend to die a lot less! The forest fights are now scary as hell but again, the AI soldiers actually fight and not get slaughtered by "prone forest defenders" as in OFP. This is also probably the first time I didn't get to play "After Montignac" because my team didn't get butchered in the previous mission :)

I would love to point out some bugs/tips, especially for SP missions, but for a fear of sounding ungrateful for this awesome Christmas gift I put them in spoiler tag

• SP mission Heavy Metal - once you join with the other Abrams tanks, the waypoint speed is set to limited until Figari (well, first limited, then no change). Thats a LONG way to be driving slowly.
  • After successfull completion of SP missions Ground strike and Rescue Pilot the missions will not show as completed in the SP mission list, not allowing to play the locked missions
  • A lot of missions (including campaign) have messed up outcomes messages (the messages that appears next to kills when the game is over. Sometimes when I finish the mission successfully, it tells me I failed, sometimes it displays ALL of the possible outcomes (for example the mission in Campaign where you have to help resistance to rescue civilians) or once it displayed a mission outcome for some Harvest Red mission. I know it's useless from me when I'm not pointing out in which missions this happened, I will play through once more (gladly!) and take notes.

We're happy about every Problem reported, so no need to be worried about ungratefulness. :)

After successfull completion of SP missions Ground strike and Rescue Pilot the missions will not show as completed in the SP mission list, not allowing to play the locked missions

We have no more locked missions, the ones we had in the Winter release back then was an experiment to see how it's accepted.

Will take a look at the Heavy Metal mission.

The multiple outcomes is weird. So far it was only reported with the "Steal the Car II" mission on Everon. However it's quite possible that the "Rescue Civilians" campaign mission also has it.

• After successfull completion of SP missions Ground strike and Rescue Pilot the missions will not show as completed in the SP mission list, not allowing to play the locked missions
  • A lot of missions (including campaign) have messed up outcomes messages (the messages that appears next to kills when the game is over. Sometimes when I finish the mission successfully, it tells me I failed, sometimes it displays ALL of the possible outcomes (for example the mission in Campaign where you have to help resistance to rescue civilians) or once it displayed a mission outcome for some Harvest Red mission. I know it's useless from me when I'm not pointing out in which missions this happened, I will play through once more (gladly!) and take notes.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27358

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

We have no more locked missions, the ones we had in the Winter release back then was an experiment to see how it's accepted.

I really liked the idea of locked missions, and it worked perfectly. :)

First of all... when i yesterday run cwr i was stuned.

VERY good work. Impressive islands, although demo - great campaign. All is on excelent way.

I think i found some bugs in campaign.

1. "Montigniac must fall":

a) situation: BMP destroying truck and all except driver are dead

bug: it looks like driver becomes a leader and he just runs to Morton, chopper is not crashing, there is no radio message to run to Morton by foot.

comment: funny thing, but i remember similar bug in OFP

2. "After Montignac":

a) situation: when i just stand on very beginning of the mission, some soldier from field run stright to me

comment: of course i can go prone and he will pass me (the same thing concerns two guys south of me) but i remeber that in original campaign, positions of patrols were random. Please consider of giving bigger "gaps" between patrols, because now AI is much more sensitive than if OFP.

b) situation: fog occurs

comment: i don't know if you want to copy original campaign or just make something very similar, but in oryginal i don't remember such dense fog (visibility in Demo falls to 30 meters!). Honestly i don't remeber (i played this mission many times) any fog.

c) situation: I sit in prison camp's tent. Resistance is attacking. Russians next of tent are killed.

bug: nothing happens

comments: when first russian is dead, i am taking his rifle and help resistance to pacificate other guys. Some resistance are comming to tent, but something goes wrong, and they just hold his position and... nothing. When some russians patrols walk near camp, they are attacked, other patrols are attracted by firefight and are attacked, and so one. It looks like some trigger are not launched. I suppose (and i rememered something like this) that some guy appeared and talked with me.

========

I know, that there was a splitting of threads after "Montignac must fall". There were one thread with mission "After Montigniac" and one with "Strange meetings". Is this taken into consideration in campaign?

There is no "Training" mission in campaign and "Steal the car" in SP.

Uff... thats all.

Best regards.

Edited by kromka

@Sander

Of course, I tried both ways. Restarting the campaign by reverting AND deleting all CWR saved files befor starting a new campaign ^^

Thanks for the bug reports kromka, I'll look at them.

First of all: I'm having a blast reliving the OFP campaign. It somehow feels much easier but I play way less rambo-like then I did 10years ago :D

Can't remember if this is how it was supposed to be but:

In "Strange meeting" my full squad survives to the forest and tell me to stay back. 1min later, without any shots fired, they are all dead. I understand this part is triggered, but they don't even fight, so what once was my favorite nightmare, became a boring forest walk.

Also, I got negative scores for somehow killing a rabbit listed under civilian class. Nothing to serious of a bug but kinda killed my excelent mission results :)

Edited by ParaGraphic L

Another thing.

In the last mission of the Demo campaign, when I speak with Slava at the top of the tower in resistance camp, camera is pointing me from last floor. As the result i see ceiling of last floor not me and leader of the resistance.

And our conversation is rather short. Las word or sentence is "Neat.".

After first sentence of Slava sound of speech is dissapearing. Probably because ceiling between camera and us.

Best regards.

When i play missions from cwr mod in briefieng where should be that section with statistic-list with all killed units i have empty place. But after mission end i can see/check statistics in debrifing, i dont know if this is only by my side or a bug. The same situation if i put some units in editor, after i kill them i have empty place in place where statistics should be.

Ps: arma2co v1.60

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

2nd thing:

if im teamleader and i have few ai in my team, nobody from my team have a radio. After i press 5-5 to check units status if they are close to me i hear that they talk where they are but i dont see that green text on screen with that info and thats good. But if i pick up radio and i press 5-5 they all talk to me and i see green text with raports on screen. They can by very far from me.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

But they act like they have radios[but only i have radio in whole team] and they can talk to me. Im not sure if this is a bug, maybe in arma 2 is the same situation.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Ok, i just checked arma 2 CO vanilla without mods, and situation with 1 radio in team is the same, so thats not a bug in Cwr2.

Sorry that i dont check this first, before i write that post ;)

c) situation: I sit in prison camp's tent. Resistance is attacking. Russians next of tent are killed.

bug: nothing happens

comments: when first russian is dead, i am taking his rifle and help resistance to pacificate other guys. Some resistance are comming to tent, but something goes wrong, and they just hold his position and... nothing. When some russians patrols walk near camp, they are attacked, other patrols are attracted by firefight and are attacked, and so one. It looks like some trigger are not launched. I suppose (and i rememered something like this) that some guy appeared and talked with me.

I am having the exact same problem. I didn't have this problem in CWR2 Demo #1; I talked with resistance leader after being freed from tent by resistance attack. Now, no such conversation occurs, and the mission will not end. Playing with OA 1.60 + beta 87816.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

1. "Montigniac must fall":

a) situation: BMP destroying truck and all except driver are dead

bug: it looks like driver becomes a leader and he just runs to Morton, chopper is not crashing, there is no radio message to run to Morton by foot.

comment: funny thing, but i remember similar bug in OFP

I also had this behavior. Again, no problem in Demo #1. I got the message that the rescue chopper had crashed near the end, but didn't see it. The mission did end normally, but is MUCH shorter and easier than in demo #1, when I had a desperate struggle with the BMP in Provins. This time, I barely fired a shot the whole mission. I had no enemy contact in Provins whatsoever, and a squadmate was waiting in the center of town when I got there.

Edited by OMAC

Another problems. Now with SP missions.

When i finish some mission (eg. "Cobra Assault", "Clean sweep"), checkbox in menu that indicates finished mission is not checked.

Another bug is that pictures connected with missions in menu are mixed. Eg. picture from "Clean Sweep" is displayed when i have selected "Steal the Car II".

It occured first time when i finished "Cobra Assault". But i've observed earlier, that i have checked as finished mission which i never played (i don't remember which one).

The latter problem with overview pictures is not specific to CWR2, but a general undocumented feature in Arma II. An available workaround is to place all SP mission files in a separate subfolder for an island/terrain in the Missions folder. In the CWR2 context that would involve placing missions in distinct subfolders for Everon, Desert island, Kolgujev, Winter Kolgujev, Malden and Nogova. By having mission files ordered by terrain it is possible to scroll through the list with each mission displaying its own correct overview picture directly.

Regards,

Sander