Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

Hello!

Thx for releasing the Demo³ and doing such an awesome job!

I played my favourite SP-Missions again and again... :)

Merry christmas to all the mates from the CWR² Mod.

Greetings

McLupo

I waited there, never saw anybody show up :(

Now we must be visiting the island at different time windows maybe, well in the meantime looks like I've found a nice parking lot on my way to the church:

http://youtu.be/8TUnEWI0CRg

Thank you for the Christmas gift, CWR2 Team!

Happy Holidays! :)

Cheers,

OMAC

----------------------------------------------

BTW, here is the MD5 sum of cwr2_demo3.rar

64c8f95fd2e06c8b313feb94c499eff7

I've installed it and fired it up, and all looks great, so I assume the above checksum value is correct, but don't know for sure. Perhaps someone on the CWR2 team could check the original. That is one big file.

Edited by OMAC

Good morning all!

I have taken some nice gameplay screenshoots yesterday. I like to hit the dirt as an resistance fighter. :D

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

Thank you all for your hardwork and Merry Christmas.

Going to enjoy all these and the patch.

Like said we have (still) a german translator. But thanks, I catch you if we need another one. :)

Yes, there is one SP Mission on Nogova: Rescue Pilot; and three MP ones: Serial Killer, Petrovice Party and FlagFight Guns so Cameron stops bitching :)

English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Polish - IF the translators for these languages ever get their butts up and do something.

All languages who are not complete upon the planned release date will be removed then. So no guarantee that all above languages are really included.

Especially with the french translators we made only bad experiences yet. Both we had never translated a single sentence in all the years.

We definitely need Czech translation too! :) (with Dubbing of course :D)

BTW Outstanding work guys! Keep it up!

-Psycho-;2078520']Good morning all!

I have taken some nice gameplay screenshoots yesterday. I like to hit the dirt as an resistance fighter. :D

...and my favorite one - the views on a ai in a trabant.

It looks like they have a tunnel vision in this ultra hightech vehicle.

You better remove those Pics! They are double the forum limit!

Partially. The Campaign and Missions will be multilanguage, the Mod (Names/descriptions etc) will be english only.

It was planned to have everything multilanguage but from the many translators we had in the past years, only one is actually still translating. The others either disappeared often without a word. So we abandoned the multilanguage idea, simply because we can't wait years for the translators to finish the work.

How you want to do that when the names/descriptions are defined directly in the configs? :p

There are only very few stringtables in use now, so just adding your language to them isn't possible. Besides that you would modify the pbo files which means you are no more able to use the Mod online.

I know it may be quite some disappointment but like said, we want to finish this Mod some time, and waiting months and years for translators never doing their work is just no more an option. We tried it at least. :)

Community of each country will translate into your language.do not dwell on this.So it will be better and bytree for all, rather than wait for the translation product when it is ready.important to translate the dialogue, goals, and her mission in the campaign and SP mission, the rest is not important for this purpose Kommunity, not for developers.

And mod release thats is done,but the approximate date as month, quarter in 2012 there also?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

You better remove those Pics! They are double the forum limit!

lol, better you have a break for 5 minutes and get a coffee.

-Psycho-;2078659']lol' date=' better you have a break for 5 minutes and get a coffee.[/quote']

That wasn´t an offense mate, just wanted to warn you before the Mods give you Infractions :)

And yes I think I need a coffee :D

Thanks for the holiday gift guys. It's christmas morning and my favorite gift is opening Malden island :)

That wasn´t an offense mate, just wanted to warn you before the Mods give you Infractions :)

And yes I think I need a coffee :D

Tonci is correct; forum infraction is coming for sure for those large screenshots. Link thumbnails instead. Most likely, the only reason an infraction hasn't been received yet is that moderators are enjoying Christmas. On the other hand, as WOlle and Max Power are both moderators and CWR2 gurus, perhaps they will allow those CWR2 screens! ;)

I miss something in the classname lists: Faction and group classnames, anyone got them? Couldn´t unrap the config .bin to look my self

Edit: Corrected bad spelling

//Swedish chef

Edited by subroc

Is it possible to retake outpost AND ambush the convoy? I keep getting Mission Failed after successful ambush and retreat; the squad gets mowed down near outpost after murdering civilians, and there is no way to prevent that, as I do not control squad - we're under orders to kill everyone!

If it is possible to successfully complete all tasks, please DO NOT say how to do so - I'll figure it out. :)

It would be cool if this mission is designed to fail - a lesson to not kill civilians!

Thanks. I'll try again.

-------------------------------

Done. Without hesitation or exaggeration, that was one of the best A2 missions I have ever played. Period. Music. Cutscenes. Ruins. Plot. Values. The fog and horror of war. Collateral damage. Shades of future PTSD. The PKM was particularly accurate and awesome, with really good, sharp, hard sound. Simply brilliant design all around.

And I got the excellent green completed marker on mission list!!!!!! :)

Edited by OMAC

[TcB]-Psycho-

We do not allow images > 100 kb, no matter if hidden in spoilers or not

Tonci is correct; forum infraction is coming for sure for those large screenshots. Link thumbnails instead. Most likely, the only reason an infraction hasn't been received yet is that moderators are enjoying Christmas. On the other hand, as WOlle and Max Power are both moderators and CWR2 gurus, perhaps they will allow those CWR2 screens!

Negative, we treat everyone equal. No matter if CWR² screens or developer or whatever "VIP". :)

subroc

I will post them asap, have to check the configs too as this ain't my area.

Factions classes could be: cwr2_us; cwr2_ru; cwr2_fia and cwr2_civ

Negative, we treat everyone equal. No matter if CWR² screens or developer or whatever "VIP". :)

Excellent policy!

-------------------------------------

My CWR2 Screenshot Gallery:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0atiwuq1ngr5pa7g0p9sgc7vt39qdi2c

All images are unedited. Settings 1680x1050, FXAA=1, FSAA=norm (2), AToC=7, texture detail=very high, obj. detail=high, shadows = very high, AF=high, Post proc=low, HDR=norm.

Enjoy. :)

Edited by OMAC

Where can I find the readme? I downloaded CWR but I deleted the dl-file after installation and I prefer not to DL everything again (~3 hours..)

Thanks!

Where can I find the readme? I downloaded CWR but I deleted the dl-file after installation and I prefer not to DL everything again (~3 hours..)

Thanks!

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/7323aff2-728b-11e0-ba2d-001517bd964c

If you want the actual files, you could convert @CWR2 modfolder with Six Updater, it will only download the missing files.

Between drinks and lazing about on Christmas day, I recreated from memory the first mission I had ever made back with OFP. I was waiting for CWR2's Malden to be released for a while so I could nostalgically edit.

Give it a try if you like.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21122474/LaRiviere.rar

An amphibious seize and hold mission on Malden.

- It can be played as MP or SP.

- Has CLY bandage script and generous 20 second MP instant respawn.

- It has an ending, but I think individual enemy stragglers tend to drag out the simple "OPFOR not present" trigger.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3876603 - here is a torrent link. Though it is a russian tracker, it might be usefull for somebody :)

Good to have torrent links for such big size mod, but if i remember correctly, rutracker.org requires registration, to download. And for people who don't understand russian language, registration is tricky (unless they are not lazy enough to use translators and reach the end of the road without giving up) ... :)

Either way, i blame CWR team, which forgot THIS TIME to provide torrent link ;)

Just joking, best xmas present, specially to play that "after montinaq" campaign's mission for hundred time... I like to take the control of that hind and demolish everyone not friendly. (I hope none of the vehicles in that mission gonna get locked because of me...)

Edited by Gedis

I must say that what this mod is doing to me is so emotional and good for me :) This year I had a break from BIS games (only sporadic editing and playing). I guess it was good as I been an OFP-armaholic since 2001.

To revisit the OFP islands and missions brought back so much memories so I instantly got back that sweet urge of creating stuff and play with my friends. Now I'm making missions to OA again and I even pulled out my OFP gold edition yesterday to see if I could port RH campaign to CWR. Even though I hate to port the old cut scenes and camera scripts it was a sweet feeling to see my old flashpoint disks.

CWR crew and BIS, what you have created is so much more than fun. I must admit it is an emotional part of my life, and a very positive one.

Thank you all.

Ok, i need to grab a cup of this...

final_hardenmug-p1686180192309889432oolv_400.jpg