Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

demo_patch3.jpg

:xmas: Merry christmas from the CWR² Team! :xmas:

Once again we're happy to present you the third Patch for the Cold War Rearmed² Demo.

To make things easier, and to make it clear that this is not only a patch but a full release, this is now called Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³.

This also is the last Demo release/patch except for critical bugfixes. Next release will be the full Mod. :)

Thanks to everyone reporting issues, we hope that most of them are fixed in this release now.

Besides the over 150 units, weapons, and vehicles from the Demo this patch also contains a lot of bugfixes as well as some major additions/changes:

• The AH-1 Cobra from Max Power has been added for you to play with
  • Bushlurker made a complete set of Vegetation models
  • All Weapon/Vehicle sounds have been replaced with the excellent JSRS sounds
  • Winter Kolgujev and Units can now be used together with the Demo
  • Some additional vehicles required for some missions: Bus, Police Jeep and Trabant
  • Two fancy new glasses for your units
  • Malden (Beta) and Nogova Islands

This release is dedicated to James 'Planck' McNicoll.

You will be missed and we're sure you would be happy with what we achieved.

Important: Please see our readme, especially the Legal disclaimer part!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important if you have the previously released Demo and/or standalone Islands:

As before, this is a complete new package! Please make sure you have removed all previously installed CWR² Mod folders!

All of the previously released files are no more required or outdated.

Everything you need to play is in below Downloads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: Both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (Combined Operations) is required!

See the included readme in the CWR² Documentation folder for install instructions.

The readme also contains important informations for mission designers.

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo³

CWR² Demo³ @ armedzone.com

CWR² Demo³ @ armaholic.com

CWR² Demo³ @ arma2base.de

CWR² Demo³ @ armedassault.info

CWR² Demo³ @ thegamewardens.net

CWR² Demo³ @ SixUpdater

CWR² Demo³ Torrent @ gameupdates.org

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo³ Missions

CWR² Demo³ Missions

Please do not mirror the missions as they may change quite often, thanks.

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Demo³ Expansions

SCUD Launcher @ Six-Updater

Please read the instructions here if you have installed the Demo not from Six-Updater to prevent it from downloading the whole Mod again!

Mission creators: Give Mikeros cwr2ofp a try when editing old OFP missions. It could save you a lot of headache trying to find the correct replacement classname!

See also:

CWR² Coop pack by Sander

Domination Everon - 1985 Edition by Demon Cleaner

CWR² Icon courtesy of Clawhammer

If you encounter bugs or issues, please report them at our Community Bugtracker.

Thanks for all the mirrors provided!

How to use our fine Islands without the Mod

Edited by W0lle
added new torrent

As you may have spotted by now, this patch also contains the first release of CWR² Nogova.

I would like to take this opportunity to say a few words about this terrain, beginning with an apology for committing the crime known as CWR1 Nogova. That satmap was just terrible. I must've been out of my mind when doing that.

Hopefully, the satmap you will find on Nogova today, will make up for this. It cost me many many many hours of work and there are still some corners that I'm not happy with, but time is not an indefinite good. Which brings me to my second point:

I wanted to explicitly thank Ondej Spanel and Ivan Buchta for sacrificing parts of their spare time to continuously support the CWR² endeavor and in particular for helping me with Nogova:

Ondrej was so kind enough to provide us with the original source pictures taken in 2000 and 2001 that were used to create the original OFP buildings. These are now once again used to recreate a few selected buildings and objects in higher detail. Though I wish there would be more of these spiced up objects, the workload for even a single building remains immense.

Ivan is our constant source of inside knowledge, helping out in those cases where logic no longer seems to be leading to a working solution. Without his input, many things would still remain broken and/or on fire.

Thank you for this truly remarkable commitment to this community and I hope that CWR² will once again cause some heavy nostalgia-belly ache for everyone.

:p

Edited by Mondkalb

I hope that you all enjoy our third kick at the can in preparation for our big push toward our final goal. Merry Christmas!

God, it seems the whole CWR team has been hired by BIS...Wolle and Max, don't wanna settle in Prague ?

I guess they don't want me. :confused:

Which might be a good thing though so I have time to finish this fancy Mod. :)

Really looking forward to these 3.19 gigs of entertainment.

Very thrilled to explore Malden and Nogova.

You guys impress.

As you know (by zGuba) or maybe not, atm my contribution for (polish version of the) the mod died along with my old system;

But you guys make me smile anyway. I waited for this so long... Malden and Nogova are (along with Chernarus) the best islands of the series. I'll be happy to fight on them again, and I'm very happy we saw this, so important, release.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! And see Ya on der battlefield!

Edited by JonPL

Great news everyone! See you guys at Davle bridge or Petrovice bus stop! ;)

Great news everyone! See you guys at Davle bridge or Petrovice bus stop! ;)

I waited there, never saw anybody show up :(

Wow - so much stuff in the last 48 hours! Thanks to everyone in the CWR2 team - Merry Christmas to you all!

thanks for this work!

question:

will the full mod be multilang or not?

if not, will we be authorized to modify the language?

thanks

thanks for this work!

question:

will the full mod be multilang or not?

Partially. The Campaign and Missions will be multilanguage, the Mod (Names/descriptions etc) will be english only.

It was planned to have everything multilanguage but from the many translators we had in the past years, only one is actually still translating. The others either disappeared often without a word. So we abandoned the multilanguage idea, simply because we can't wait years for the translators to finish the work.

if not, will we be authorized to modify the language?

How you want to do that when the names/descriptions are defined directly in the configs? :p

There are only very few stringtables in use now, so just adding your language to them isn't possible. Besides that you would modify the pbo files which means you are no more able to use the Mod online.

I know it may be quite some disappointment but like said, we want to finish this Mod some time, and waiting months and years for translators never doing their work is just no more an option. We tried it at least. :)

Well if you are in need for a german translator, then simply contact me.

Does this Release contain any new Missions?

Partially. The Campaign and Missions will be multilanguage

that's what I wanted to know, thanks

by the wy, which languages will there be? english (of course), and? german? french for me :D) ? spanish?

Like said we have (still) a german translator. But thanks, I catch you if we need another one. :)

Yes, there is one SP Mission on Nogova: Rescue Pilot; and three MP ones: Serial Killer, Petrovice Party and FlagFight Guns so Cameron stops bitching :)

by the wy, which languages will there be? english (of course), and? german? french for me :D) ? spanish?

English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Polish - IF the translators for these languages ever get their butts up and do something.

All languages who are not complete upon the planned release date will be removed then. So no guarantee that all above languages are really included.

Especially with the french translators we made only bad experiences yet. Both we had never translated a single sentence in all the years.

Edited by W0lle

So far I have got 3 christmas presents:

1. The 1.60 patch

2. This

3. A pair of gloves from my job....

Thank you BIS and CWR team for the fantastic christmas presents!

Edited by andersson
not sure if I got the order right of the top 2, hard to say. for sure 3 is were it belongs...

all we have to say is thank u soo much for this lovely addon guys u have been working hard, without u we wouldnt even dreamed to be playing back operation flashpoint in the new graphics so thank u all for this lovely gift on xmas enjoy ur selfs cwr team u earned it and once again thank u and happy holidays to all.

Load up Winter Kolgujev in editor and return to main menu for a nice christmas tale :)

Thanks for an awesome release!

Merry Christmas to everyone. Cameron McD in particular. :elfbash:

If I get back from my honeymoon and find that a certain MP mission is missing, your face will not be enough.

50496_43323759340_4674421_n.jpg

Regards from NY,

CMcD.

To anyone experiencing a crash when trying to (re)load Malden, it's related to our cutscenes pbo. Check out the cbt entry for more information as we find it:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27338

If it's bothersome for you, we have a work around. If you remove cwr2_cutscenes.pbo from our addons folder, you will have no intro cutscenes but also no irritating crashes. If we find any less intrusive work around before we issue a hotfix, we'll post them on the cbt as well.

edit: Winter Kolgujev has its own set of intro animations at this point, so it is not recommended to load Malden after viewing a cutscene on Winter Kol.

Edited by Max Power