Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Please share your 1.60 impressions

@antoineflemming

Do you launch just OA "directly" via ArmA2OA.exe, CO via steam laucher or you're using third party laucher? 2nd is not nessesary anymore since OA can now detect installed A2 itself and it's automatically loaded, and third party launchers may simply need an update for 1.60.

Also clear steam launch options if you haven't.

Rememberer this thread isn't about tech issues its about impressions of the patch in the positive aspect :)

OUUUPS!

"ARMA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installiation is corrupted" ©

Exxelence! 1 hour back game was also all was ОК, but it for some reason is not pleasant to a patch...

OS Win XP SP3

Directory of game distinct from default (C:\PF\BI), but till now it never prevented:eek:

I managed to get using memory allocator, and this combined with the settings I had also in 1.59 (both via Nvidia CP and A2OA settings) made the game run nice and smooth even in the Chernarussian forests, which used to be quite demanding and slowing down for my laptop...magnificient work BIS!

I managed to get using memory allocator, and this combined with the settings I had also in 1.59 (both via Nvidia CP and A2OA settings) made the game run nice and smooth even in the Chernarussian forests, which used to be quite demanding and slowing down for my laptop...magnificient work BIS!

Which memory allocator did you find works best for you? :)

Can someone explan this new option to me?? FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode -

Where do I find it? I don't see it within the video options......Does it fall under my own video card option (within Nvidia control panel).

@antoineflemming

Do you launch just OA "directly" via ArmA2OA.exe, CO via steam laucher or you're using third party laucher? 2nd is not nessesary anymore since OA can now detect installed A2 itself and it's automatically loaded, and third party launchers may simply need an update for 1.60.

Also clear steam launch options if you haven't.

This is just either launching OA or CO. This is not directly launching ArmA2OA.exe.

Can someone explan this new option to me?? FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode -

Where do I find it? I don't see it within the video options......Does it fall under my own video card option (within Nvidia control panel).

Right now it's only configurable in the Arma2OA.cfg file. (Look under Documents -> Arma2)

Values between 0 and 17 are valid, though I personally don't see much of a difference between 1 and any of the values above 1.

Which memory allocator did you find works best for you? :)

For now I've tried only Tbb4, and I must say the game runs well like never before. Will play a few days with this, then will try another one.

I installed 1.60 on both my game machine and dedicated server and what I thought was a bug in my setup of Domination was fixed. Player Marker and Show Player Names now take the defaults that I set for them. The server seems to run about 50% faster now. The default difficulty seems to be "veteran", not "regular" now, but that's no big deal.

Players have noted that while some of the physics issues have been fixed, they still aren't quite right on Chenarus, M1A2 tanks flip too easily on rocks still, and a Hellfire missile from a chopper still sends UAZs flying.

But overall, my players and I are pleased with the upgrade.

Unfreakinbelieveable AI Heli pilots!

They will hunt you down like the AI foot soldiers.They don't forget what they see and they are scary.That and you can see them from forever away were they are so tiny!That and when you are gunner you will be much more satisfied with your AIpilot behavior and the view distance ,etc

Ohh now I just learn that you can play Single player PMC missions with ACE2?! Thats fricken awesome! Nice

Edited by cotabucky

The default difficulty seems to be "veteran", not "regular" now, but that's no big deal.

Actually, some of my chaps said something similar. We are convinced that the AI don't do their solo suicide charges any more, but stick together in squads as they advance AMD that their shooting is more accurate. I wonder if the default AI skillz settings have been changed, or if it's just their improved AI showing through?

They aren't actually on 'veteran' as I can still see them on the map though.

Very impressed with the game and the support BIS.

Looks like the AI are going to give us some payback now !

Disapointed so far because of the errors it has caused me to start geting in trying to join a MP server.

The new Chopper AI is wonderful.

It said that if you put a Helicopter pad on a ship the AI could land. And it's true!!!!

Try loading Utes, putting an squad on the Khe San via setpos

Add an "get in" WP, create a chopper and create for it a "Load" WP.

Synchronize them and in that position add a Helicopter "H" (of any type) and setpos it to 16.

Amazing!!!!!

I can foresee new applications for this!!!!!

We could attachto "H"s to (moving) ships landing pads and see if they recognize them.

Disapointed so far because of the errors it has caused me to start geting in trying to join a MP server.

The servers probably haven't updated.

Really good job but still many annoying things which looks very easy fix but still not fixed.

Like engine on when turning turret for tanks and bmps,

very low hit rate for aa personal launchers,

bugs with Tunguska and m6 when they not use rockets good enough,

broken game play when mission have attack choppers and tank same time - 1 pilot able to kill 6-10 tanks in one raid which equal 6-30 players(tab issues) and many others...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone and I wish you will be able to fix them in 1.61.Hope it not take long time.

I dont know if this was part of the patch or the fact that there is scripts put inside the forgotten few campaign. But I have seen the AI get in a firefight, fall back behind a small draw in the terrain as to stay out of sight. Wait there for me to move up. Fall further back and hide in a house, and then some guys shoot at me from behind some crates and then lie down out of sight again.

If thats because of the new patch, nice one BIS, makes the game so much better.

On another note, aye i have seen the Mi8MTV just fly around not shooting anything with rockets and doing PKM gun runs which to say the least, arent that effective.

Agree, new AI IS amazing, especially when playing with ASR AI due to group link feature.

There was a simple mission where you're supposed to destroy convoy. Got mines, satchels, RPGs, easy. First mines killed tanks. Last one wasn't burning, so decided to finish it off with satchels. I checked newly created scrapyard for activity, but there was none, so I figured out tankers died inside. WRONG. Crewmen were hiding behind large rocks and terrain slopes ap.100m from tanks and opened fire at us. Hasty retreat, but hell, job's done right?

Took good defensive position down the road. Limited visibility, they won't notice us untill it'll be too late. Second part of convoy was 2 HMMWVs and trucks. First HMMWV was put out of commision by satchel, crew bailed out and started blasting, while hiding behind wrecked car. Few seconds later they were behind large rocks. Infantry and second HMMWV moved from behind hill almost at the same time. They came from 2 directions and were effectively supressing us while mr.50 was doing actual killing. After loosing 4 men in ~5s someone managed to put RPG in that HMMWV and guess what? Infantry RETREATED. They hid behind terrain and didin't move much, limiting themself to ocasional potshots in our direction.

Later I noticed movement on left, HMMWV crewmen moved all the way to our flank using terrain as cover. Then men in front of us attacked, from 2 directions AT THE SAME TIME.

Our perfect defensive position became out trap. And became our grave. Game Over.

None of this was scripted.

I am getting quite a lot of CTDs lately, been playing with old community made campaigns for A2. Not sure if it's my graphic settings or the game itself, though.

Took a break over Christmas and setup 1.6 - when I played MP yesterday I am sure the AI were using cover more than before. I'll keep telling myself I died a lot more as I'm rusty after the time off. . .

I was initially not impressed with the performance because there was a little bit of stuttering and the occasional 1 second freeze (disk access light on). Until I realized I had stopped using RAMDisk and disabled FancyCache, so given I play all on high with low AA and on a triple screen set up the performance is actually amazing.

cj

occasional 1 second freeze

I've had these too, only since 1.60.

Ai still needs a lot of work ...

The idea is that an AI at maximum skill shouldn't be better than a good player ...

AI detection skill is overestimated,i mean camouflage and distance don't bother it ...

I've had these too, only since 1.60.

Hi

I was getting some prior to 1.6 in some of the pre-RC betas and normally on MP, but need to try the previous setup with RAMDisk and/or FancyCache to see if it is something to do with 1.6. Will do more testing tonight - have also settled on the Intel TBB 4 malloc dll as most of the others cause me to crash, though I've not tried the default Windows 7 one yet.

cj