Photo
- - - - -

SOPA - Internet as we know it about to be gone?

• Please log in to reply
854 replies to this topic

#1 gammadust

gammadust

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi All (in walker's good tradition)

The Anti-Internet Bill has NOT Been Postponed To 2012 … The Committee Members Who Support SOPA Sneakily Changed the Hearing Date to December 21st, Trying to Trick the American People Into Thinking It Was Over Until After the Holidays So We Won’t Fight Back! - (more)

This in part answers colossus question in another thread

But I tought SOPA by itself should justify a thread of it's own (mods feel free to judge otherwise, pls be attentative to the following reason also).

Why should anyone care about it? It does affect the internet censorship policy as a whole and internationally (not only in the US where the bill is being under appreciation).

RIGHT NOW, SENATORS ARE CONSIDERING A BILL TO CENSOR THE WEB.
SITES YOU USE EVERY DAY COULD BE BLOCKED IF IT PASSES

[Alternative Image < 100Kb]
Posted Image

More info and action here.

Also: This Cynical Brit episode as gone totally viral in less than a day of upload (surprisingly or not?)

JhwuXNv8fJM

Edited by gammadust, 19 December 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#2 Tonci87

Tonci87

Colonel

• Members
  • 9536 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Wow, I really hope that this can be stoped. I really hate those Lobbyists
Posted Image Master of testing for a better Arma and well, for science.
Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI . Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. More Civilian assets. Females. Weapon resting. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have.

#3 Dysta

Dysta

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

There's a rumor that some countries like Iran, China or other non-NATO are making their own network protocol, or "NationNet" in slang. Only the people in this country can use it, and cannot be transmitted to the outside. Dunno if that's another kind of censorship which is not able to be "spread" so that we cannot know what are they censoring. The SOPA is just blocking American themselves, but not the outsiders.

Edited by Dysta, 18 December 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Hellfire257

Hellfire257

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1266 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Did you watch that video, Dysta?

#5 Igneous01

Igneous01

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

if it passes, it will mean the end of youtube and most sites that show or expose new media that isnt apart of the big 4. Practicly anything that has infringement or the possiblity of infringement will be blocked. Thats really bad :(

Im hoping it doesn't pass, information should be free and thats why the web exists today.

I mean come on Universal, Brittney Spears and Lady Gaga are not going to cut it for me, stop shoving this stuff down my throat and telling me to listen to it and like it. same with EA telling me to play Battlefield, I already played bf2, how many more times do you want me to play bf2?

#6 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

1ngRPuXpCIw

http://www.cato-at-l...less-awfulness/

#7 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Internet and especially YouTube and other platforms is like that for quite a while when you live in germany. Every third klick brings me this:

The video you have requested is not available for your region.

Internet censorship is already around for years, welcome to ne new age brethren and don't forget: Ignorance is strenght.

#8 ryguy

ryguy

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

H-o-l-y s-h-i-t... this is one of the few moments where I find the term "1984" to be actually useful.
Posted Image
ST_Dux: "Conspiracy theorists aren't the great skeptics that they envision themselves to be; they are a weak sort who cannot for the life of them accept the fact that some things -- most things, actually -- happen for no reason at all. There is no master plot; there is no system; the only thing consistent in this world is inconsistency.

#9 batto

batto

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi. Old but funny:

5ElE2yXjO9M

Frankly all on this video can loose job and I will not give a single f*ck.

#10 nettrucker

nettrucker

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2020 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Well they are working for some years now to censor the Internet. It's the only thing the USA lobbyists are not controlling for the time being. But they are working to change that and if this bill will pass we will see more and more restrictions and more control on news.
The only source they couldn't control until now was the Internet and they are going to change that. The NWO is accelerating speed to expand their control on everything.:mad:
Do you like music?
http://www.alchemydi....com/index.html

Originally Posted by walker
Took out myself and two other squad mates bouncing a grenade off a wall.

Originally Posted by CarlGustaffa
Bah, I've done that since OFP I can't hit a barn when I'm trying to. But with nades, I can hit a barn when I'm not trying to

#11 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

Well they are working for some years now to censor the Internet. It's the only thing the USA lobbyists are not controlling for the time being. But they are working to change that and if this bill will pass we will see more and more restrictions and more control on news.
The only source they couldn't control until now was the Internet and they are going to change that. The NWO is accelerating speed to expand their control on everything.:mad:

As I was trying to pouijt out..its not only in the USA...the EU is already censoring...abnd germany is even ahead of the rest of EU. Internet blocking for differnt reasons, even political ones on adjudication order is in discussion and it is already know that the police has infected soem computers with a trojan to spy them...including journalists...

I don't want to appear panicking but the StaSi (GDR secret service) could have only dreamed of such measures. And no, there is no craing out loud of the masses..indeed the majority does not care or even does support this measures.

#12 nettrucker

nettrucker

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2020 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

I'm aware about Germany being ahead on censorship of the Internet here in Europe, I'm German myself, even I live in Italy. Why for Pete's sake everything is so f***ed up is beyond my understanding. The majority doesn't care because they most probably don't know better. A lot of people still blindly believes in what the mainstream media is feeding to them.
Do you like music?

Bah, I've done that since OFP I can't hit a barn when I'm trying to. But with nades, I can hit a barn when I'm not trying to

#13 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

hi nettruckerm you know, it's all to protect us and our children from bad people on the dark side of the net.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

hi nettruckerm you know, it's all to protect us and our children from bad people on the dark side of the net. Mama and Papa will care for us first, and then will go on and bless the rest of Europe with the mighty purse of Deutsche Bank.
And let's not forget about the grey old man in the wheelchair who started it.

#14 nettrucker

nettrucker

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2020 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for posting the links I'll gonna have a read asap. Yeah I won't forget the grey old man since he declared once that the EU has become a reallity due to his personal engagement on that matter in question. He oughta get shot for that. LOL:D
Do you like music?

#15 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for posting the links I'll gonna have a read asap. Yeah I won't forget the grey old man since he declared once that the EU has become a reallity due to his personal engagement on that matter in question. He oughta get shot for that. LOL:D

When I opened this post a "you are found to be involved in terrorism" warning popped up, Police will be here soon;)

#16 nettrucker

nettrucker

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2020 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

I believe there are not enough prisons to contain all the people who are discending in one way or another.:)

In any case BOT (back on topic) Rockfeller wanted the Internet to be shut sown already some years ago, because they just can't control it. IMO the USA has too much influence in Europe. They demand and order and our politicians jump, because they don't have any backbone to say no, to such kind of utter nonsense proposals.

Edited by nettrucker, 19 December 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Do you like music?

#17 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

We will see what the future brings. Just a year ago I talked it over with a friend and coplayer that one of the safes way to train for a assasination would be to use ArmA as a tool and VoIP for the plannign talks.

I read in the forums the US military uses something similar called the VBS ;)

#18 mrcash2009

mrcash2009

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4228 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Maybe we are already in a prison on a daily basis but dont realise it yet .... hmmmm, food for thought :) Prison without bars as they say.

The plan was to always suck everyone onto a computer and then dump on it with security and tracking, perfect really.

SICK OF IDIOTS & STEAM.

#19 Beagle

Beagle

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Maybe we are already in a prison on a daily basis but dont realise it yet .... hmmmm, food for thought :) Prison without bars as they say.

The plan was to always suck everyone onto a computer and then dump on it with security and tracking, perfect really.

Yeah, and last tiem I was camping out our allyears "terrorcamp" (we used to call it that way since 1993) on a place called "The Canyon" we had two Super Pumas flying over us in search pattern formation at night...Guess what´, I really got a bit paranoid because I posted the "terrorcamp" date in some local scene forums.

#20 Tonci87

Tonci87

Colonel

• Members
  • 9536 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

While I don´t agree with some of his Ideas, I certainly do with this one

OVYhwKu7J5E

Even more this:

aCkX0KcNwrI
Posted Image Master of testing for a better Arma and well, for science.
Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI . Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. More Civilian assets. Females. Weapon resting. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have.