Game version: ARMA2: Combined Operations.
Game Mode: Singleplayer Campaign.
Addons: Yes - See Below.
Version: v1.20 [Updated 12-Jan-13].
v1.20 of this campaign requires Meatballs MARSOC Marines v2.1.
Most missions are conducted off USS Nimitz as either a pilot or marine in this fictional Campaign loosely based on some recent real life events in Libya. In version 1.11 I added a mission where you play as the NTC (civilian war party) to try help the player sympathise with their position. All due credit goes to the addon makers as their hard work brings a new experience to ARMA2 everytime you fire it up.
Cutscene on winning in mission 3: v2
A rough overview of the ground operations in this campaign
Some deck ambience added in v1.11
Other user videos
Carrier Operations: Duala (@) v1.20
Mirrors requiring update:
Duala is offically in a state of civil war. The Duala Revolution is an ongoing armed conflict in the North African state of Duala being fought between forces loyal to Colonel Mumma Gotdafti and his regime and those seeking to despose of him.
The situation began on 15 February 2011 as a series of peaceful protests were met with military force by the Gotdafti regime. The protests escalated into an uprising that spread across the country. The forces opposing Gotdafti established a movement named the National Transitional Council [NTC] whose stated goal was to overthrow the Gotdafti-led government and hold democratic elections.
The civil war rapidly esculated as the Gotdafti loyalists applied further force in an attempt to crush the rebellion of the NTC. NATO forces have alligned themselves with the NTC and provide support of the restricted Fly Zone over Duala.
The US carrier Nimitz based off the East Duala coast will provide air-support for the civilian populated NTC forces, striking deep into GotDafti held territory at various cummunications and other military targets. Any ground operations conducted by the UN alliance must be strictly confidential, otherwise risking a huge uprising from the rest of the Arab world.
You will play as a pilot flying various aircraft and helicopters from USS Nimitz in aid of our campiagn in support of the NTC and Dualan civilians. Parts of the campaign will also focus on covert operations from the US Marines operating from USS Nimitz.
* v1.20 of this campaign requires Meatballs MARSOC Marines v2.1.
* v1.17 and lower of this campaign require Meatballs MARSOC Marines v1.4
* Fictional campaign based roughly on the recent Libyan conflict.
* Starring Col.Aziz as Col. Mumma Gotdafti.
* 13 Missions based on Nimitz Air\Ground operations.
* 9 Flying missions (a number of which auto-teamswitch into ground troops for particular tasks in the mission), 4 dedicated Infantry missions.
* Many custom scripts for various mission functions.
* For a full list see the readme.
Changelog v1.20 [12-Jan-13]
* Changed: Uses latest version of MARSOC marines from meatball0611 [v2.1]
* Changed: Many fixes to mission6 depending on different objective outcomes.
* Fixed: Officers escape plane now is called correctly by "daylight" check as intended.
* ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead.
* @CBA http://dev-heaven.ne...jects/cca/files
* Isla Duala by IceBreakr http://www.icebreakr.info/isla-duala/
* USS Nimitz by JDog http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=115296
* F18 Hornet by Meatball http://forums.bistud...18-Super-Hornet
* GLT Missilebox by GLT Mike http://www.frl-addon...5&download_id=3
* US MARSOC Marines by Meatball http://forums.bistud...Operations-Team
* Mando Missile ARMA for ARMA2 http://forums.bistud...ArmA-for-ArmA-2
* WarFX Blastcore http://forums.bistud...ad.php?t=111985
Work Remaining & Known Issues:
* Workaround for missing GPS/INS system in the avionics menu until it is implemented again in a future F/A-18 version by Meatball\Pharohx.
* AI flying the F18 don't shoot flares by default. I have written a script to make them do this for incoming misiles.
* F/A-18's by default do not fire flares since @Mar_2MAW v2.1. Scripts implemented to fire flares in similar manner to vanilla arma2.
* @MMA in another option for easy flare use and weapon loadouts.
* Co-Pilot recruiting tweaks required. Keep falling off Nimitz. Eventually they will board your aircraft. Implemented scripts to place them back on deck.
Credits and Thanks:
IceBreaker for Duala
JDog for USS Nimitz
Meatball0311 for the F18 and marines
[GLT] Myke for GLT Missilebox
Snafu for his Nimitz CSG template
Konsky, Monsada & Rafalski for UPS and UPSMON scripts
Norrin for POW script
Mikey, SHK and Galzohar for briefing
Xeno for his body removal script
SHK for his searchlights FSM
Tophe for his random house patrol script
blackfox34 for motivation to add kbTell for chat dialogues.
fox_sds and arunajisan for their troubleshooting.
Anyone I forgot, I apologise in advance and I will add you.
Please let me know how this could be improved if you get a chance.
Thanks Rough Knight
Edited by Rough Knight, 17 January 2013 - 09:42.
New version added 12-Jan-13