(CIM) Civilian Interaction Module(s)
Updated to v.0.22 (Hotfix: More CRM Readme errors)
DISCLAIMER: This is more of an addon than a mod. I use the 'module' designation because the addon adds new modules to the editor. Be adviced that the addon is released as a BETA, and as such I provide no guarantees of functionality or against adverse effects. This addon should work well in hosted MP environments but it might not be fully compatible with dedicated servers yet. The point of release is to get some feedback that might help improve the addon. Also, I would like to make it clear that I do not consider myself a skilled coder, and my approach is probably not the best one.
This addon adds three modules to the editor called the ‘(CIM) Civilian Interaction Module’, the '(CIM) Civilian Extraction Module' and the '(CIM) Civilian Reaction Module'. When placed on the map the 'Interaction Module' allows players to order civilians to the ground, inside houses or out of the area or vehicle in a second. Players can also search and key-cuff civilians or detain them. The 'Extraction Module' lets players extract detained civilians in a chopper via radio call, and also allows for smoke marked LZ. The 'Reaction Module' can generate different civilian events (for ambience) at will, or at predefined locations. It also has a feature that will add certain "evidence" items to random (un-searched) civilians around the players.
How to use:
Install the addon like you would any mod - using modfolders of course. For a quick setup, open the editor and hit 'F7'. Place the '(CIM) Civilian Interaction Module' on the map on a flat spot far away from the action. When in game hold the CIM-Key (default:left shift) and view available commands in the action menu. The 'Extraction-' and the 'Reaction Module' needs to be synchronized (F5) with the group leader(s).
For a more detailed explanation of use and customizable setup see the included readme.
For a short video tutorial on how to set it up, look here.
- Verbal commands for ordering civilians about
- Physical actions for searching and subduing civilians
- Helicopter extraction of detained civilians
- Script to mark LZ's with smoke for pinpoint extractions.
- Spawning of ambient civilian events
- Makes random civilians have "evidence"
- Custom sounds
- Global arrays and customizable parameters for mission maker convenience
- Works with ALICE
- works with surrendered units (thank you stupidwhitekid75 for pointing this out to me)
- Works with ACE2, Reezo's EOD mod, and nearly any other mod
- SP and MP compatible (not working on dedicated yet)
- Arma 2 CO
- Because of hardcoded limitations, female civilians will not display animation when key-cuffed. However, they will still be completely passive.
- Because the action menu cannot be used while holding 'left ctrl' it is not suitable as CIM-Key.
- Smoke in the CRM "gathering" event does not work on clients yet. (No idea why. And I do know that it is a local effect)
- The 'Reaction module' currently requires that the 'Interaction module' is also present.
• Reezo – for his epic EOD-mod which inspired this module.
• SHK – for providing his SHK_Pos function (used in CIM) and for being very helpful on the forums.
• JohnnyDust – for helping out with testing and suggestions, and for covering my six.
• Clements, Sickem and Inspired Media - For recording and editing of videos/tutorials (thanks guys).
• Pellejones and SSG (www.ssg-clan.se) – for testing and advice on dedicated servers.
• Ruebe – for taking time to help out on the forums.
• LAxemann, Feint, YayForLife, UGLY58, Zwobot, Clements, Raptor 6 Actual – for reporting bugs.
• Sickboy - for creating CBA
• Armaholic.com – for hosting my (and all other) mod(s).
• BIS, ACE2 team and the community – for making this game timeless and priceless.
License and copyright:
People are free to change this to their needs. If you are planning on changing this addon and releasing it as your own, I request that you contact me first, and of course that you credit me where it is appropriate. In the end, as long as I get credit for my work, you can pretty much do whatever you want with it.
Beta v. 0.22: https://rapidshare.c...Nielsen_CIM.rar
I hope you enjoy and have fun trying this out. Let me know what you think.
Edited by Nielsen, 16 December 2011 - 06:32 AM.
New version out