CameronMcDonald

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Console commands...

This will do. Thanks man!

I also checked my dragon shouts, some of them were not learned due to dragon wall bugs preventing the shout from being learn. For example a shout absorbed from Lost Tongue Overlook have not appeared in the menu :/ Music played, bam, great successes but no shout in the menu. Uesp wiki also mentioned this nasty bug and seems like adding this shout by a console is the right way.

Some of them like Storm Call or Marked for Death still remain locked due to unfinished main or side quest line

Nevertheless I still have to discover a few locations high in mountains - probably where remaining shouts await.

Guess I'll finish the main quest soon and launch another game with all the community patches. Shame on you Bethesda for leaving Legendary Edition of Skyim bugged as hell :/

Console commands...

This will do. Thanks man!

I also checked my dragon shouts, some of them were not learned due to dragon wall bugs preventing the shout from being learn. For example a shout absorbed from Lost Tongue Overlook have not appeared in the menu :/ Music played, bam, great successes but no shout in the menu. Uesp wiki also mentioned this nasty bug and seems like adding this shout by a console is the right way.

Some of them like Storm Call or Marked for Death still remain locked due to unfinished main or side quest line

Nevertheless I still have to discover a few locations high in mountains - probably where remaining shouts await.

Guess I'll finish the main quest soon and launch another game with all the community patches. Shame on you Bethesda for leaving Legendary Edition of Skyim bugged as hell :/

The S.T.E.P. guide seems to be quite good if you want to play with some mods.

The S.T.E.P. guide seems to be quite good if you want to play with some mods.

It is, however I would strongly recommend gradually adding mods. Start of with "must have" mods, like SkyUI, RaceMenu, SKSE (kind of like CBA for Arma), Ars Metallica and so on.

Then add some texture replacers if you like to have higher quality and if your PC can handle it.

Finally you can start adding more complicated mods that rely on scripts one by one if you comfortable. As I said in previous posts, Mod Organizer is the way to go. Check out Gophers tutorials about it. He also made a ton of videos about Skyrim modding for beginners as well as seasoned mod users.

Anyway, as Tonci pointed out, S.T.E.P. Project, Skyrim Nexus and Gophers YouTube channel contains most of what you might want. If you have a bit more naughty wishes and you are over 35, then you can take a look here :cool:.

Digging up an old thread ....

Anyone still playing Skyrim and or the Skyrim SE?

Found a cool music video of Skyrim

There are some cool cool mods coming bringing not only other provinces of Tamriel but also a very promising mod making Skyrim playable in COOP/MP....so yeah

I recently (recently meaning the beginning of 2018 or so) gave a mod called Enderal a try. It's a full custom campaign - really worth a playthrough.

• Like 1

Idk if you guys know, for those who are still playing Skyrim, and who have played Oblivion in the past, there is a mod called Skyblivion which is basically

Oblivion in Skyrim, its oblivion on the Skyrim engine.

Its been in the works for several years now, and the author who has a small team posts updates/progress on it on occasion.

Here is the mod's website https://skyblivion.com/

Here is the Mod's Utube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZeO7KWB8iYmhnKB53oY3pw

The mod leader goes by the name of Rebelzize

His latest upload was from 6 days ago:

• Like 1

While projects like this, Beyond Skyrim and so on are awesome and guys are putting in huge amount of work, I'll wait until like 2025. I'm more or less done playing endless WIPs, though I check out their progress every now and then.

*TES 6 will likely be out :). And I wouldn't have high hopes for any big engine improvements. Bethesda needs to get their shit together, one dumpster fire after another for past few years. This is far from all of it but you'll get the idea.

The rest of YongYea coverage on Fallout 76.

Ya im wondering what Bethesda is doing these days, Angry Joes video here for Fallout 76 was funny has hell to me:

But it just goes to show that this microtransaction crap shows how greedy these companies can be, Skyrim is still a good game regardless,

so its a wait and see for me on elder scrolls 6, right now SkyOblivion is what i been keeping my eye on.

• Haha 1

I dread to think what kind of abomination TES 6 will be. I have really zero hope for Bethesda to not ruin it in some way

• Like 1

Same here, starting with F4 they really went downhill in quests and story. Not that they were top notch before but in all that greediness you could still expect some nice quests like the thief/assassin/mage/fighter guilds in Oblivion if you avoided the main one for example. Skyrim also had some decent quests especially in the expansion.

For TES 6 though I'm expecting a MMO dressed up as a sp game with endless generating filler quests.

6 hours ago, krycek said:

Skyrim also had some decent quests especially in the expansion.

Some yes but main story missions not so much. Because Dragonborn DLC revolved around being either a willing servant of a demon or a servant of a demon that throws a tiny fuss about it and then does all it's bidding anyway. Similarly in Mass Effect Andromeda, you basically had two dialogue choices. If you chose yes, it was explained how stupid you are for saying yes and if you chose no, it was explained how stupid you are for saying no.

Dawnguard DLC, while story was some hollywood vampire cliche I guess, it played very well. You were on this grand adventure with Serana, who was full of charisma and had very soothing voice. Some advanced animations and AI compared to vanilla followers. Other characters and antagonist were well executed as well. You see, I don't even remember Dragonborn main companion's name, voice acting and writing was atrocious.

Engine wise, we were expecting more from Skyrim already though. Skeleton improvements and better animation support for different sexes/races, enchantment calculations, lighting, stuff like that. And when Fallout 4 shipped with minimal improvements and degradation in some cases, it was a huge disappointment for a lot of mod makers and serious mod users alike. Some quest braking bugs as well and not just the ones that occur only in certain condition, no, straight up broken quests. They didn't do much to make life of authors like UFO4P team easier. Not to mention how payed mods were handled and eventually Creation Club travesty. Worst part is constant exe updating for no reason that brakes nearly all script extender based plugin mods, which include some serious engine fixes.

Anyway, I went on a bit of a rant. I agree. 🙂

• Like 1

Hah loved the Mass Effect Andromerda comparison😂, I only enjoyed the exploration part from that crap game, the dialogues were atrocious and safe/woke borefest galore.

Have to admit I liked Dragonborn main quest even though you didn't had much choice, I also thought they made Neloth pretty good with the whole Telvanni arrogant attitude (he was also funny af) and in fact the whole expansion brought sweet Morrowind/Solstheim memories. Probably some nostalgia glasses were involved too heh.

Imo with expansions Beth teams have more leeway in quests from what I noticed, I thought Dragonborn/Dawnguard were good same as F4 Far Harbor and Oblivion Shivering Isles.

I agree about the engine support and especially the CC crap that brakes existing mods, I kinda expected this coming from the company that basically brought the Horse Armor dlc memes/dlc flood. I'm still surprised that many still can't see the extreme greediness with Bethesda.

With Skyrim I also learned to wait at least an year before buying for minimal bug fixes before starting a game. Even then I had broken quests and had to resort searching for solutions online spoiling quests (so much for sandbox) for their multiple outcome quests that were bugging left and right.

• Like 1

I'll be interesting to see how things pan out since Microsoft acquisition of ZeniMax, which includes Bethesda. MS is drawing some fairly decent business practices towards customers lately but they are also known to flop and follow the latest trends despite it's size and capital, lootboxes in Forza and so on. Obsidian, guys behind Fallout New Vegas in ironic turn of events are also under MS umbrella for some time now and they went with Epic exclusivity for The Outer Worlds which is quite hilarious considering game's story.