DanAK47

Guerrilla Pack

I have released an update. See the first page of this thread for info.

Congratulations on release, Dan!

Great work on 3D ironsights :p and nice blur effect on those sights! It is a good solution to solve that clipping error when using "3D sight" animation.

It is really sad you have no more time for improving your mod. It would be great if it was possible to use "blurred sights" effect to cover all part of rifle that gets clipped :)

Icarus :bounce3:

EDIT: DanAK47 is officialy the first man to release functional 3D sights for OFP/Arma:CWA! :yay:

P.S. I got one CTD error in Editor while using 4 of your soldiers (2 east and 2 west, one of west was me), I guess that might be because I was running your units in @ww425bis mod.

It is Sanctuary's ww4mod25 animations with with BIS units and config for those wondering :)

Edited by Icarus

hi,

Yep, your 3D sights are pretty cool. I didn't have time to test a lot the mod but I like what I saw.

@Icarus: Yes CTD usually happens when you mix different custom anim' pack. I had the same issue with WW4mod25 and PLA v3.2 when using handguns.

cya.

Nikiller.

Looking good with those 3D sights! Keep up!

Congrats again for 3D sights! For first few seconds I was kind of... lost in it, but after some time this feature proved to be better than 2D sights. 2 suggestions though:

- maybe remove 2D ironsights from weapons that don't have magnifying scopes

- also remove that "white dot" aiming point - it interferes with 3D sights.

One bug: snipers are spawned with unloaded weapon - you've got to reload them manually.

Thanks!

One bug: snipers are spawned with unloaded weapon - you've got to reload them manually.

Didn't notice this, but I know exactly why it happens and it should be an easy fix.

I considered taking the 2d sights out, but the 3d iron sights don't have the same precision as the 2d sights. That is, the true aiming point of the weapon is rendered more accurately with the 2d sights.

Aiming points will stay because removing them would make it impossible to aim weapons unsupported by the pack (G3 for example, or some other addon maker's weapons). I tried to pick a cursor that minimally interferes with the sights, but personally I have mine disabled through the difficulty menu.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the control scheme, but there are few options to choose from when deciding how to activate the sights.

Thanks for your feedback.

I like the new 3d sights, I ran a skirmish and I killed the normal number of soldiers before dying with Super AI and Veteran units, I didn't find them too inaccurate, they are just fine (i was zooming with them though, as without zooming I wasn't capable of killing anything)

Also, the problem of clipping could be solved putting the weapon a little more far from the body?

Thanks for your work btw

Congratulations for an amazing new release !

I got one CTD error in Editor while using 4 of your soldiers (2 east and 2 west, one of west was me), I guess that might be because I was running your units in @ww425bis mod

Yes, unfortunately with a mod that has a modified CfgMovesMC in its main config that features new entries, new blablablactions etc... it's never going to play very well with addons that features their own animations (by example a zombie pack had some problem too when using inside of the ww4 mod), unless those new animations have been configured from the modified config own modification.

A workaround to play with the ww4 troops and DanAK47 Guerrilla pack is to do the following

- In your OFP/CWA directory, create a new folder, name it by example

@mymodtest

- In \@mymodtest\, create a folder and name it exactly

addons

- in \@mymodtest\addons\ put the following pbo from the ww4 addon folder :

PxQ0N.jpg

- now in \@mymodtest\addons\ add all the pbo from DanAK47 Guerilla Pack

- Launch OFP or CWA with a shortcut modified with the following added to the target line

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@mymodtest

Enjoy.

Doesn't crash for me when using WW4 mod. It "shouldn't", either, as the new states do not interact with any of the CfgMovesMC states (only "default"), so no new actions will be broken/etc.

I have noticed that CTDs often occur when playing around in the editor when you change a unit's type more than 3 or 4 times, but this happens in vanilla OFP and isn't specific to my addon. Maybe this is what happened here.

Nice addon/mod. Is it possible to replace the default guns/sights with these?

I have updated these with a greatly improved control scheme and some minor bug fixes. I had also forgotten to include Kegetys in the credits for his RPG model. See the first post for details and an updated download link. Note that the update is fully-backward compatible, so there shouldn't be any problems with old missions or using it in MP with players who have the old version.

Is it possible to replace the default guns/sights with these?

Theoretically yes, but I have no plans to do this.

Edited by DanAK47
answering noone

After playing some more OFP, I decided that krzychuzokecia was right after all, and removed the 2d sights and white aiming dots from weapons with 3d sights. I also changed the control interface: now you press V once to raise the sights, and pressing V again will lower them. This speeds up gameplay a bit.

Has anyone encountered any bugs that I can fix before releasing this update?

Not much to report. I would only have one request...

I would love to see you r units be fully compatible with ww4mod25 animations, of course if it is possible

Take care, Icarus

First: thanks Dan for taking up on my idea! Wonder, will we still be able to have dual-sighting system on ACOG and PSO?

Second: I had to comment on "Guerilla Pack with WW4 anims". Well, before 3D sights appeared, main idea behind this addon was to have different anims for normal infantry, MG operators and snipers. I think that at this moment, "compatibiling" Dan's GP with WW4 equals leaving the original idea, or having two anim sets in one addon (which wouldn't look good). The only way to make it good, is to make new WW4-based anims that would be complementary to Dan's idea. It might take some time...

First: thanks Dan for taking up on my idea! Wonder, will we still be able to have dual-sighting system on ACOG and PSO?

Second: I had to comment on "Guerilla Pack with WW4 anims". Well, before 3D sights appeared, main idea behind this addon was to have different anims for normal infantry, MG operators and snipers. I think that at this moment, "compatibiling" Dan's GP with WW4 equals leaving the original idea, or having two anim sets in one addon (which wouldn't look good). The only way to make it good, is to make new WW4-based anims that would be complementary to Dan's idea. It might take some time...

Sorry if I gave you wrong idea. I would never want Dan Soldiers to use ww4mod animations. What I had in mind is that I would like to be able (if possible) to use Dan's Guerrillas in ww4mod without having to fear for CTD, witch happen very rarely to be honest.

The backup sights are still functioning. They are activated when you move with optics up.

The units should be compatible with WW4mod. If they are crashing, I suspect that it is not because of WW4mod but because of something else.

Sorry if I gave you wrong idea. I would never want Dan Soldiers to use ww4mod animations. What I had in mind is that I would like to be able (if possible) to use Dan's Guerrillas in ww4mod without having to fear for CTD, witch happen very rarely to be honest.

Ah, OK I misunderstood you. Well, I never even tried to use these two packs together, as I always treated them as "complete" and build upon very different ideas.

Nevertheless - WW4 units, with different anims for different classes, and Dan's weapons... That sounds interesting!

I found a strange bug that was sapping a lot of performance (a loop in the uniform scripts was never terminating, for any units, ever) and fixed it. I've also significantly cut the number of units running scripts - now only the player and his or her group members run them, for the most part. I'm trying to make some more missions that take advantage of the performance increase.

I have also been tweaking the AI some - they now engage from farther away.

Unfortunately, I still experience some crashes, albeit extremely rarely. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing it, as it happens so infrequently.

Will the units not using those scripts be as good in combat as the ones running your scripts?

Will the units not using those scripts be as good in combat as the ones running your scripts?

Yes, their combat behavior is not based on scripting, but on the weapon and animation config.

If anyone is wondering what is taking so long, I was having trouble fixing a bug where AI animation got stuck after healing/being healed. I'm also finishing up a "mod" version of this, so you can play the campaign using the units - I know I said it would never happen, but it turned out to be easier than previously thought. I'll make another release on Saturday.

If anyone is wondering what is taking so long, I was having trouble fixing a bug where AI animation got stuck after healing/being healed. I'm also finishing up a "mod" version of this, so you can play the campaign using the units - I know I said it would never happen, but it turned out to be easier than previously thought. I'll make another release on Saturday.

Nice! :)