78 replies to this topic
DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:45 #1

20 October Update:

I have updated the control scheme again: now all 2d iron sights are removed, and you press V once to raise the 3d irons, a second time to lower them.

A big performance-sapping bug was fixed. Some other bugs were fixed, including a bug where AI would get stuck after healing/being healed.

A mod config has been included with the pack that replaces default units with units from the pack using 3d sights. When playing the campaign, some missions currently crash with the config enabled.

The update is back compatible with previous versions.

Major changes:
-3d iron sights. I was impressed with the positive feedback Batis received about his 3d iron sight videos, so I decided to dig up the work I had previously done a while ago and re-implement it. I am still not 100% happy with the feel of the sights - they highlight a lot of engine problems. For example, sight wobble is not as smoothly rendered as with the 2d sights and this makes the 3d irons look a little bit jerky sometimes. Pieces of the gun disappear as you zoom in, but this allowed for a nice "rear sight blurring" effect.

-Units are organized by skill level according to a 2-vs-1 paradigm: elite units can defeat 2 veteran units and veteran units can defeat 2 recruit units. This is more pronounced at long ranges, so recruit units can overrun elite units with less odds if they can sneak up close.

-More units and weapons, including some more exotic types. Mercenaries, private contractors, military advisors, and other units are now depicted. I have also added weapons such as the SCAR16, SCAR17, M79 grenade launcher, and SR25. Some weapons have special functions, such as the detonator and M112 charges. You can now assign charges to certain detonator channels, so you don't have to blow them all up at once. In multiplayer, you can assign explosives to "global" channels so your friends can blow them up if you die.

-Added a mission pack.

Readme:
Spoiler

Download link: http://www.mediafire...wqdpr6ckdckra32
Mission pack: http://www.mediafire...c5j34c3yfwjxoo6

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More screenshots:

http://img.photobuck...ons/sights3.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ons/sights1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...windrunner2.jpg
http://img.photobuck...tAddons/sf6.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ons/Rescue1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...terdiction1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ddons/M2491.jpg

Edited by DanAK47, 20 October 2012 - 20:29.
Updated again

krzychuzokecia
krzychuzokecia

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 725 posts

• LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:17 #2

Hey Dan! That's what I'd call comeback! Thanks for your effort put into this and your other addons in the past (especially the M14/M21 pack!).

sanctuary
sanctuary

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5163 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 13:22 #3

Great, and with that high dexterity trick, i learned something new about how much impact it makes on the AI willingness to open fire quickly, those troops really do not waste time before shooting.

Will have to seriously try that dexterity change for my mod weapons.

NacroxNicke
NacroxNicke

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 14:19 #4

sounds interesting, i will take a look at them, and see what I can learn ;D

Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

ProfTournesol
ProfTournesol

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8458 posts

• LocationParis, France

Posted 16 November 2011 - 17:04 #5

Dexterity is something i don't understand. It is only defined in the O.pbo config for handguns. How on earth can it work on riffles or MG as long as it isn't defined for them :confused:

sanctuary
sanctuary

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5163 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 17:18 #6

Probably because there's a default value in the engine itself that manage the weapon speed when moving it with the mouse that is modified by the dexterity line.
So if the dexterity line is not there (like for the main config), it just use the default value (that is in the code)

Anyways, it works, putting a high dexterity makes the weapon nearly as light as air, making them moving around the free aim zone at much higher speed.
Same with low dexterity that makes them very slow to move around.

And it is then influencing the AI aiming speed too

ProfTournesol
ProfTournesol

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8458 posts

• LocationParis, France

Posted 16 November 2011 - 17:33 #7

Probably because there's a default value in the engine itself that manage the weapon speed when moving it with the mouse that is modified by the dexterity line.
So if the dexterity line is not there (like for the main config), it just use the default value (that is in the code)

Anyways, it works, putting a high dexterity makes the weapon nearly as light as air, making them moving around the free aim zone at much higher speed.
Same with low dexterity that makes them very slow to move around.

And it is then influencing the AI aiming speed too

Great, that makes sense, ty. What could be guessed as a default value ? 1 ?

sanctuary
sanctuary

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5163 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 17:35 #8

It seems logical, but only BIS may know this one for certain.
Lower than 1 i observed weapon being heavy to move on the screen, and around 2 being "light", and at higher values being very very quick to move around

DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 17:44 #9

The default value is 1.

The value used for the AI weapons is 6.

This "trick" was present in the old beta, released 5 years ago (!). I'm surprised that no one took notice.

BronzeEagle
BronzeEagle

Suspended Member

• Banned
  • 1150 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:32 #10

was the bug with the crashing overcome in this version?

stgn
stgn

Dances with AR-15

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:28 #11

Nice though didn't you have some woodland camo soldiers once?? Would be nice if you could include them!
STGN

DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 15:25 #12

There are 15 different camo types: ACU, Black, Desert, Desert Tiger, Flora, Ghillie, Khaki, KLMK, MARPAT, Multicam, OD, Realtree, Sportiger, Tiger stripe, and Woodland.

The SF Soldiers originally wore Woodland, but I changed them to ACU.

If you want to change how the soldiers look, open up the PBO and look at Scripts/uniform.sqs. You can either change the uniforms directly there, or use that script as an example and run your own at the mission level.

If I get some time, I will try to implement in-game uniform customization.

BronzeEagle
BronzeEagle

Suspended Member

• Banned
  • 1150 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 19:41 #13

love the blackops.

Edited by BronzeEagle, 23 November 2011 - 00:09.

DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:52 #14

Has anyone tried these in MP yet, particularly the M112s/Demopack and Detonator?

DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 21:35 #15

Some updates:

-M112s and Demopacks now have new detonation options: there are six channels to choose from, three local and three global. Place your charges and group them into channels, then use the detonator to detonate each channel separately, or set the charges to a global channel and let your friends detonate them.

-Added HD weapons. Units with low skill are automatically armed with HD weapons.

-Added some new units, including US Woodland camo soldiers.

-New pistol/SMG animations.

-Added Mini Uzi SD and Colt M1911 SD.

-Added V40 Minigrenades, which use a pistol mag slot instead of a rifle mag slot.

-Grenade Launcher rounds now come in packs of 4 and use pistol mag slots. You can now carry 10 rifle mags and 16 grenades.

Planned Updates:

-Add a new skill category between "HD" and "Elite" AI. Currently, vanilla OFP AI will easily defeat "HD" AI, and "Elite" AI will easily defeat vanilla OFP AI (and all of the addon AI I have tested against them).

-Add SCAR 17.

-Add SMGs for East and West sides equivalent to the Mini Uzi and Mini Uzi SD (MP5K?).

-Add generic East soldiers.

I will upload another version once I have finished with the planned updates.

Edited by DanAK47, 20 December 2011 - 21:36.
formatting

BronzeEagle
BronzeEagle

Suspended Member

• Banned
  • 1150 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:15 #16

okay this project has my attention, as soon as the update is up ill give it a go on cwa.

DanAK47
DanAK47

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 23:09 #17

Picture of the SCAR 17 so far:

Posted Image

One of the Submachinegun anims:

Posted Image

I have also implemented peeking and a "raise up" stance when crouched - useful for shooting over car hoods and other things when you don't want to go into a full stand.

Sabre725
Sabre725

Private First Class

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:55 #18

Any chance you could add a Mk 16 SCAR? and possibly and FN FNC?..........

Icarus
Icarus

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:06 #19

Good work on Guerrilla pack! :thumbsup:

I especially love sniper features like range card on rifle that you can use.
Second very useful feature is the low lying stance. When prone you can shoot at your enemy and instantly flatten yourself to ground, making yourself difficult to find :)

I know I am asking too much, but could you make some low crawl animations for snipers?

Good work, keep it up. :bounce3:
Icarus

P.S. Those SCARS are looking good.

Edited by Icarus, 02 July 2013 - 07:06.

Blitzen
Blitzen

Sergeant

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:51 #20

Checked this out tonight and WOW!! Some really "rare" and cool weapons are included. Good work good sir :)

Posted Image