JdB

OFPr.info / ofp.gamepark.cz

A while ago someone wondered how large the files on the file server of OFPr.info were. I've added it all up and excluding hosted sites it's 66.38GB worth of addon awesomeness :drinking2:

Cool. Man I remember back in the day I had 3/4 of my hard drive with nothing but addons.

Game is still awesome I'm glad they keep that site around!

A while ago someone wondered how large the files on the file server of OFPr.info were. I've added it all up and excluding hosted sites it's 66.38GB worth of addon awesomeness :drinking2:

in OFP times it would be huge but now in era of 1TB drives ;) it's tiny

That's true.But those 1TB drives are probably filled with crap that we'd

probably ditch if we didn't have the room.

:D

Just 66? Time to fill my external one.

Would it be possible for you to somehow share with this content? PFC is able to host a full mirror of ofp.info.

Would it be possible for you to somehow share with this content? PFC is able to host a full mirror of ofp.info.

It would be easiest if you had access to the FTP so you could copy entire directories instead of individual files. Try asking Jerry Hopper if he's interested. He's not around much here so try one of his other social profiles (I see you have plenty).

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?5238-jerryhopper

JdB said:
It would be easiest if you had access to the FTP so you could copy entire directories instead of individual files. Try asking Jerry Hopper if he's interested. He's not around much here so try one of his other social profiles (I see you have plenty).

I have already done it with no response from him :(

I have already done that with no response from him. It's a pitty that Jerry doesn't care about ofp.info anymore :(

I can't imagine that's true, he is providing the space for the addons. He maybe just be busy, we all have real life's as well.

R0adki11 said:
I can't imagine that's true, he is providing the space for the addons. He maybe just be busy, we all have real life's as well.

I wrote to him (on different social platforms and this forum's PM) like year ago with no response at all.

I wrote to him (facebook, twitter and this forum's PM) like year ago with no response at all.

Well that's unfortunate if it was that long ago. :(

That's around the time he dissappeared for a while with no activity anywhere that I could find. Maybe your messages got lost in the heap of unread messages or something and it would be worthwhile to give it another try.

Anyone got the full 66GB of data on their disks? Or has Jerry surfaced yet?

If so, we could torrent the full pack, that could make things easier.

Shit i would do it, I have a host where I have more then enough space to host all of OFP's files for everyone, but no i dont have the files.

Honestly that could be great. It needs only one of us to get the full package and start the torrent, that's it. Plus that could save the community once/if the main repository goes down and it's a free solution. Win-win in my opinion.

As you may have noticed the file server is down again. We'll see if and when it gets back up again.

There is a backup of the files on the server of a squad and I was making a backup to an external drive yesterday and found out that it's offline when I wanted to continue today. When the server is online again that will be continued.

A torrent sounds like a nice idea and I'll look at how to set one up when I have completed my backup.

Well we are now either making progress or going completely down the drain ...

Hopefully they've noticed from the lack of traffic that there is something wrong and have looked into it. The server is not responding at all anymore rather than timing out or refusing to list the directory like it did before. In the best possible case they are restarting it or finishing maintenance ...

I've PM'ed jerryhopper. He hasn't been on the forums for a while though. If any of you has Twitter, Facebook or Google+ could you please send a message to him to let him know?

Edited by JdB

I've sent him a tweet, we'll just have to wait and see now. Hopefully the FTP will be up again and you'll be able to complete your download.

Whats the cost to keep the server up?

Only jerryhopper can answer that. Cervo said years ago when at peak activity that the cost was roughly €50 a month for the site + FTP. I imagine with the reduced load on the FTP and availability of hosts it might be a bit cheaper now.

Yay the FTP is back online! :cheers:

Edited by JdB

Thats expensive. I pay $7 a month for my FTP which includes everything to have a site, but I dont need one, I got unlimited bandwidth, and storage too ;)

So did someone pay the bill or needed to pay the bill? or was the ftp just offline?

So did someone pay the bill or needed to pay the bill? or was the ftp just offline?

Based on the circumstances I would say that it was a technical issue since the FTP was first not working properly and then stopped working altogether. If they had wanted to get paid they would have just shut it down by refusing connections and displaying a message to the owner every time a file was being accessed.

I have direct FTP access once again :) :yay: