I could really use some help fixing a issue with OFP/CWA. Just installed it on my laptop, but i am having some strange issues. Without warning the game freezes for about 10 seconds (while the current sound, if any, just repeats), then it starts running again. I'll post some aspects of the problem;
- I have not been able to find certain actions that triggers the freeze - sometimes when firing a LAW, sometimes while just standing still.
- Something i have noticed though, is that objects seems to be reloaded / redrawn when the freeze is over. Stuff like trees and bushes disappears and pops up again very quickly right after the freeze.
- The intervall between freezes vary between 15 minutes to 15 seconds, but it seems like the game is freezing more often the longer you play.
- This is not a performance issue - i have a very stable framerate, sometimes for 10 minutes or so, until the game freezes 10 seconds again.
These are the things i have tried;
- Tried GOTY 1.96 and CWA 1.99, same problem on both. (of course i use legal versions)
- Autodetect for graphics gives me pretty high settings (which actually works fine), but when adjusting down the graphics to extremely low settings there is slightly less freezing, but still at a unplayable rate. Raising the values impose regular lag.
- I run the game in 'Direct 3D HWTL', since it runs smoother and the freeze problem persists in plain 'Direct 3D'.
- I have tried running mods (FFUR 2008 1.05, TonalRedux) and of course clean installs of Resistance and even Classic Flashpoint. Results are about the same (Tonal had less freezes, but it feels like it's a coincidence)
I have played OFP on alot of different computers, and never had this problem before. It is quite disturbing since it's the only computer i own, and the only game i really play these days is OFP. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.