- - - - -

Take on Helicopters: Addon Request Thread

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic
purepassion
purepassion

• 4358 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:14

It would be really nice to see if TOH could get a comparable amount of "Community love" in the form of Mods and Addons especially since there is so much potential in editing the flightmodel and new engine features making awesome things possible.
Therefore here is the TOH Addon request Thread. :)

Same rules as in any other Addon Request Thread.

The first request comes straight from Jay: Zombiemod! :coop:
:D

Edited by PurePassion, 17 November 2011 - 20:14.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SamB
SamB

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:20

Vietnam mod all the way;)
SamB
Posted Image
"They came in low and hot, close to the trees and dropped their tail in a flare, rocked forward and we raced for the open doorways (...)"
Mike Ryerson: The Man in the Doorway

4 IN 1
4 IN 1

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4601 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:32

First thing first, rework all the already existing BI model to their correct RL counter part shape;)

I don't use a pump to scare somebody. I use a pump to shoot somebody.

-Travis Haley - Magpul Dynamics - Art of the Dynamic Shotgun

1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon magazine... OH! There it is!

-Christ Costa - Art of the Art of the Tactical Carbine 1

jotaele
jotaele

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:41

i would like to fly the osprey !!
http://aviones.herobo.com/V22.htm
http://aviones.herobo.com/V22.htm

SamB
SamB

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:51

Actually +1 on that.
Posted Image
"They came in low and hot, close to the trees and dropped their tail in a flare, rocked forward and we raced for the open doorways (...)"

Isaac
Isaac

Corporal

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:59

I vote all the way in for "4 in 1" proposal!

TOH civilian flight simulator, second mod proposal, Vietnam FPDR

That would be fine if the proposal would be for today's Vietnam but I bet that is not the idea right?
My rig is in the
Spoiler

Derbysieger
Derbysieger

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 13:27

First thing first, rework all the already existing BI model to their correct RL counter part shape;)

^this

And the Sikorsky CH-53E

Gabe_Ruckus
Gabe_Ruckus

Sergeant

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 14:55

Attack helicopters! Actually, if somebody feels like converting the entirety of Gunship 2000, Novalogic Commanche, and the old sim HiNd to TOH, that would be great. :bounce3:

Mostly, I'd like to see ToH become the chopper sim I always wanted Arma2 to be!

Macadam Cow
Macadam Cow

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 14:57

I vote all the way in for "4 in 1" proposal!

TOH civilian flight simulator, second mod proposal, Vietnam FPDR

That would be fine if the proposal would be for today's Vietnam but I bet that is not the idea right?

So what ? It's an addon request thread. People are free to request what they want, be it a flying sausage or a Vietnam mod.
If TOH is following the ArmA path, the game can be whatever you want it to be, that's what is so cool with BIS games.

OT:
Don't exactly know how far it goes in the vanilla game but some sort of coast guard mod would great. Basically this idea

Edited by Macadam Cow, 27 October 2011 - 15:02.

Posted Image

tnprvteye
tnprvteye

Private First Class

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 15:10

Being a former Helicopter student pilot, I'd love to see a Schweizer 300CBi and maybe a Robbie. Wouldn't mind an Enstrom, either.

Personally I want to see more civilian helicopters before we start blowing things up...not that I have a problem with that... :)

SamB
SamB

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 15:34

So what ? It's an addon request thread. People are free to request what they want, be it a flying sausage or a Vietnam mod.
If TOH is following the ArmA path, the game can be whatever you want it to be, that's what is so cool with BIS games.

OT:
Don't exactly know how far it goes in the vanilla game but some sort of coast guard mod would great. Basically this idea

Just ignore him as I did. Hope BiS didn't include any military helicopters in this game already:D
SamB

Edited by SamB, 27 October 2011 - 15:50.

Posted Image

fboes
fboes

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 16:01

Or maybe the good-ol Eurocopter EC135? In Europe they are the standard workhorse for emergency-medical, offshore, police and army purposes.

Well, and for scenarios: Think about Singapore or Hong Kong!

P.S.: I got to admit, I am from Germany. :)

9thAircav
9thAircav

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 16:35

me wants : realistic mountain terrain scenery where we can work our mountain rescue folks into the bitter cold of night. with ground crews. pilots uttlilising FLIR, joint operations with those ground crews on skidoos, animated snowboarders, ski'ers, piste bashers. Avalanche surveiliance & rescue. Ski resort expansion duties (heavy lifiting) , cable car repair/rescue, sightseeing. camera crew filming, and well what about an ALTIPORT ! a functioning mountain airstrip.

Thats an environment i would like for Take on Helicopters, make sense ? Ive done some terrain for A2 before. but populating the scenery was another thing. But i would be interested in making this idea come to life. very interested ! with alot of knowledge of these real life areas.

Edited by 9thAircav, 27 October 2011 - 16:46.

tommytoad2
tommytoad2

Corporal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 17:30

Get to it!

SamB
SamB

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 17:46

9thAircav
AirZermatt scenery would be great for such scenarios.
Posted Image

Dwarden
Dwarden

BI Developer

• 9646 posts
  • LocationBrno, Czech Republic

Posted 27 October 2011 - 18:15

just to put end to forum sections requests, it will be added, patience please ...

RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma...y_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD

Isaac
Isaac

Corporal

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:14

just to put end to forum sections requests, it will be added, patience please ...

Jeez Dwarden, didn't BIS already received enough "love" from this community (ok, ok I know, "love" and a thousand complains:rolleyes:) , what do you want, buses organized from all around Europe packed with people raving BIS personal each time that someone goes in or out the office? :D

PS: If we do that, would we be invited to free beer?:811:
My rig is in the
Spoiler

9thAircav
9thAircav

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:50

9thAircav
AirZermatt scenery would be great for such scenarios.

i think it'd have to be fictional, or done with whatever elevated mesh data available. Three valleys. courcheval altiport area would be perfect. mammoth job to do this as a mod though :( .

ekempey
ekempey

Private First Class

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 13:34

I can't seem to open any of the .pbo's. Are they still locked from the beta?

sickboy
sickboy

Colonel

• Members
  • 9947 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 13:36

I can't seem to open any of the .pbo's. Are they still locked from the beta?

Nope, use proper PBO Tools, like Mikero's PboDLL: http://dev-heaven.ne...i/DePbo_Project

(Suggest to download depbo.dll and eliteness.exe)