Sign in to follow this  
thrawn

will we need to redownload at release

I just got the preorder. and I'm wondering does downloading the Beta also preload the full game for release date or am I going to have to download next week as well to unlock the remaining content?

Alright. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll have to wait until the tuesday following release for my cap limit to start over.

Ouch! Cap limit? That sounds like a nasty ISP you have! Fire them!

-X

I have some spare DVD-R Dual Layer with no use, tell me if you would like me to ship the datafiles to you.

in the pre-order confirmation from sprocket, you get this message:

Dear customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Take On Helicopters from Sprocketidea.com.

As a reward, we are pleased to grant you access to the Pre-order Beta of Take On Helicopters.

Please note that the pre-order beta and later the full game will share the same License Key.

Also bear in mind that downloading the pre-order beta will have no influence on the download of the full game (you will have to download the game once it is released as there will be no patch for the preorder-beta to transform it into the full game).

Thanks Ziggy. I did not see that notice when purchasing and downloading from Steam.

TommyToad2- I appreciate the offer but I'm up in the great white north so shipping times and whatnot will mean waiting til about the same time.

Fortunately for me up until last night my computer couldn't quite handle the Beta so I imagine there will be enough material in there to keep me busy for a week.

Happy flying everyone

You will have to download the full game next week. The full game will be about 14GB-15GB

14-15 GB? Ah damn, it will download about a month with my dial-up connection :).

Just got home and saw steam ticking away at a 16GB dload... is this the full ver maybe? w00t hope so, I'm dying to play career mode.

Hi,

I just bought on Sprocket (about 10 minutes ago). It's downloading the pre-order beta now - is there any point in doing this? i.e. Am I going to have to do another 14Gb or so download again tomorrow?

Hiya Jedra, pretty pointless actually mate. The full game files should be released (without the .exe file to install it) sometime today, hopefully very soon.

Thanks all - download stopped! I'll wait for the pre-load.

/off topic.

Jedra, just noticed your sig. How are your shoulders? Ouch btw!

/off topic.

Jedra, just noticed your sig. How are your shoulders? Ouch btw!

lol - thanks. I can type a bit and play games with a controller but I am stuffed for keyboard and mouse for a while! One arm is better than the other. Having physio but got to go through it all again in 3 months when I have an operation to glue them back on properly!

Did the right one throwing a ball for my daughter (it's an old football injury) and then two days later did the left one when I slipped down a muddy slope and grabbed a tree on the way down!! Two visits in two days to St Malo hospital - glad I got that E111!

Damn Jedra - seems to be serious stuff - not something done in a couple of days/weeks! (again/still?) Good luck and get well soon!

pre-load started for me this morning about 5 mins ago....

I gather that was through Steam?

My pre-order download via Steam completed last night. This is the first time I've pre-ordered through Steam so I'm not sure when exactly it will be unlocked. I haven't tried to play it yet.

Hi,

I just bought on Sprocket (about 10 minutes ago). It's downloading the pre-order beta now - is there any point in doing this? i.e. Am I going to have to do another 14Gb or so download again tomorrow?

Yes. It is about 14GB. I am downloading the full version right now through Sprocket.

-X

Edited by xman1

interestingly the way steam did the pre-load for the game makes it so that I no longer have access to the beta. Now I wish I hadn't downloaded the beta so that I could just play the full tomorrow

Huh? Why would you be ubable to play the full tomorrow (today)? Steam just updated your beta to full release, right? So you're good to go once it's unlocked.

For Sprocket customers I would recommend their direct links for download. Much faster as usual :)

Huh? Why would you be ubable to play the full tomorrow (today)? Steam just updated your beta to full release, right? So you're good to go once it's unlocked.

Oh, that was in relation to my previous comment about going over cap limit. Which is no longer an issue. it seems i was confused on where their "month" starts. turns out I just rolled over so I'm good to go once the release is set