Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Experimental Beta Patch 2 - 85628 - Feedback

Running experimental patch 2.

Been playing for hours yesterday in MP which was quite interesting and quite smooth.

We did notice however that the helicopter position of other players is not always properly synced.

It seems we went out of sync at a building rooftop, where the helicopter was standing on top of a helipad, but on my screen, he was inside the helipad.

Screenshot from my perspective: http://i55.tinypic.com/34riyaa.png

Screenshot from his perspective: http://i51.tinypic.com/ehzoxt.jpg

If I can find repro steps I will post them (CIT)

Edited by Sickboy

Are you sure all players were running patch 2?

I've been online a few times, but most of the time, it is a holy mix of everything in terms of updates since all versions are compatible. So it's hard to say what works or not.

Have noticed that people without the patch still have engine startup problems.

I have also been on a server sporting the latest patch, and while playing, an unpatched gamer joined and complained about height differences while the rest of us (as far as I could tell) didn't experience anything abnormal. In other words, everything seemed normal to us but not the unpatched player.

Edited by scarp

I only played with 1 other player, and afaik we both have Patch 2 installed, will extra verify.

Other problem we've found was when you give the controls to another player, at least on the ground, the engine stops running and has to be restarted :)

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Added the screenshot from the other player's perspective; http://i51.tinypic.com/ehzoxt.jpg

Same for me. I also got those CTD with sound still playing with ArmA2:CO Beta patches. Also my TrackIR software crashes with "OpenGL driver not responding".

I think I fixed this, with setting ATOC=0 and changing my video-memory in ToH/ArmA2 to "Default" or "Normal".

my track ir does the same thing

Still have those white little squares instead of flare reflections....

Yes. HDR is totally screwed up. Works fine in the normal release, but HDR has turned into a bunch of white ugly squares. The only way to minimize it is to lower HDR to normal since very high makes it totally bad. :mad: On normal though, water still looks terrible.

This is on an AMD 6950 GPU. Let me update the drivers since they release a new driver today and see if it helps.

-X

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

A picture of our new bu.... I mean feature! Little white squares for all! :bounce3:

I tried the latest drivers and even tried a hotfix driver (rage fix, since I will need it anyway). No help.

-X

takeonh2011102209364929.jpg

Edited by xman1

Same here from patch 2 only, on nvidia 8800 gtx, core 2 duo 8600, xp 32bit.

I have to say that with that premium :) config I had no lag up to patch 2, with most settings to high and some on very high, view dist 12km obj 5500m, now on patch 2 it seems to lag, specially nearby trees.

Did anyone find a way to fix the little white squares on this beta version?

-X

Did anyone find a way to fix the little white squares on this beta version?

-X

lower HDR to normal.

Doesn't help. I can still see it on any water reflection. The squares just get smaller.

-X

takeonh2011102423543345.th.png takeonh2011102423544740.th.png

I sometimes get Blurry screen upon exiting Video Options screen when i am playing a mp mission. I remedy it by escaping back to lobby and loading into the game once more.

anyone else?

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Sometimes, perhaps with some desync, it seems other player's choppers are flying upside down, or seem as if they crash, but actually didn't crash... :O

Had this occur one night out of 4, will see if I can repro it and get some more details.

-Ziggy-;2043669']I sometimes get Blurry screen upon exiting Video Options screen when i am playing a mp mission. I remedy it by escaping back to lobby and loading into the game once more.

anyone else?

I've had it happen as well.

Faulty ppEffects on "ESC menu" usage?

would be nice to test a winch function with the new net code in MP. Arma 2 still warps for items that are attached (hanging for a chopper) and I was wondering if TOH is using a newer/improved version... thanks.

-Ziggy-;2043669']

I sometimes get Blurry screen upon exiting Video Options screen when i am playing a mp mission. I remedy it by escaping back to lobby and loading into the game once more.

anyone else?

YES! I got that while playing on your server with you' date=' remember? I thought I was the only one:

A new problem I have never seen before while playing on DirtyDeeds dedi server (Suburban Hell). When I went into video settings in game, and then exited it, my screen became blurry, like I went to a reduced LOD. Nothing I could do to fix it except leaving the server and rejoining. Don't know if it was the patch, the mission, my system, or some combination.