Sign in to follow this  
lennard

L119A1 Pack

Great Weapons Lennard. Congrats and thank you! :thumb:

The EOtech-Optics are awesome. :cool:

Great job Lennard! Finally I have something more suitable for British special operations. :) I'm sort of missing versions with Aimpoints though, but I assume they don't use these weapons with aimpoints? apart from that, the only thing I can think of is that the camo on the camo-versions seem to be a bit too covering for my taste, something more along the lines of the Pathfinder-versions but all over the weapon and maybe a bit more would look better in my opinion, but that's just a matter of taste, and the weapons are brilliant! Well done! :)

The majority of the small set of reference available on fielded, painted versions of this weapon in modern theatre came from a country and time when the paint jobs were fairly new; furthermore I like the variety it offers, there's not so many desert cam weapons around arma that are covered enough to be as well concealed as the guy holding it

Although I'm out the game for the foreseeable future I will certainly be keeping an eye in on your upcoming projects and wanted to say this was a fun addon to get involved in!

Hey bro, first of all i want to say thanks for a really cool mod. One thing i've noticed though, is that the SD weapons fire really high at 100 m from the target. I know that they're zeroed for 300 m, but I am unable to adjust the sights, and this can be quite frustrating when your rounds fly way over the targets head.

The weapon pack looks really nice, but it would be great, to have M4 versions that are actually missing within the current layout:

1. M4A1 NV; +SD; +M203;

2. M4a1 M203, SD, RCO...

Especially for the ACE variant, NV weapons would be an awesome addition.

Cheers

Sonsalt

Hi Lennard,

Cool weapons, thanks!

Quick question about the variants with LLM01, do you have both the flashlight and laser memory points in the model ? Because if yes, an ACE config for selecting between FL and IR function is doable ;)

Hey bro, first of all i want to say thanks for a really cool mod. One thing i've noticed though, is that the SD weapons fire really high at 100 m from the target. I know that they're zeroed for 300 m, but I am unable to adjust the sights, and this can be quite frustrating when your rounds fly way over the targets head.

Thanks for the bug report. Will defenately look into it for the next update.

For now, just aim lower :p

The weapon pack looks really nice, but it would be great, to have M4 versions that are actually missing within the current layout:

1. M4A1 NV; +SD; +M203;

2. M4a1 M203, SD, RCO...

Cheers

Sonsalt

I think it would be better to ask ACE for that. They've got magnificant M4 models and all sorts of accecoires models which I do not have. Atleast not in such quantity and quality.

Hi Lennard,

Cool weapons, thanks!

Quick question about the variants with LLM01, do you have both the flashlight and laser memory points in the model ? Because if yes, an ACE config for selecting between FL and IR function is doable ;)

No I have not, at the moment atleast. Will look into it for the next update.

What else is needed to make it more ACE compatible?

Edited by Lennard

What else is needed to make it more ACE compatable?

They are pretty compatible, it's more about taking advantage of ACE features, which is not too hard in this case, just a matter of adding the configs for weight, muzzle velocity according to specs (in ACE you can set velocity for each bullet and weapon, so here the extra 1.5 inch would contribute a bit to the weapon effectiveness, then set correct lower mv for the 10" models), ACOG reticles with support for the optional 3d recoil effect, bipod resting for the models with grip-pod and the possibility of switching to FL or IR on weapons that have both features. Only this last thing needs having those required memory points in the model, then defining 2 config classes.

A suggestion for a cleaner config would be to use inheritance for the camo variants, instead of defining everything again for each painted version.

A lot cleaner and easier to mod this way IMO:

class LEN_L119A1_Acog_D : LEN_L119A1_Acog {
displayName = "L119A1 Acog (D)";
 	model = "\LEN_L119_D\L119A1_Acog";
picture = "\len_l119_D\data\icons\D_L119A1_acg_ca.paa";
};

Another suggestion would be to split the configs in a separate pbo, so one could create alternate configs from scratch with ease.

Edited by Robalo

One more thing, is an update to this pack imminent ? If you don't mind, I have an ACE config addon ready for this that I'd like to release, but will hold to wait for your update if it's coming soon.

No it will take some time before release.

Real life is kinda busy right now.

Awesome release! As much as I love the L85 I'd like an alternative and now I have that alternative!

NV? Not just for the ACE people ;)

Thanks, very good weapons! It's really cool that you used actual references, not just some "kinda uksf" stuff.

I have a problem with EOTech scopes with ACE2. Aiming mark seems to be too bright when using NVGs, so it's blocking a target completely.

Is it possible to fix it: like, make it not that bright or something? Thanks in advance.

2011-10-26%2525201114.02.015.jpg2011-10-26%2525201114.08.343.jpg

Great weapons !

But the EOTech is far to bright for me too. Making those weapons pretty useless speciale during the darker hours.

Is this a bug or possible graphic settings problem ?

This is an absolutely fantastic weapon pack. Consistent but with enough variety in weapon models to keep things interesting.

For me the dealbreaker is the Eotech-- which is a bit too big and blotchy to provide easy use. Compared to the worn look of the default texture, the desert and woodland skins are little clean/unused as well.

Overall a wellmade and to the point addon.

-k

+1 to the EOTech being a bit too bright and big, would like it just a tad smaller and darker (so I can use the CQB SD variant on Night Ops)

Using holo sights or irons with NODs on always bothered me...unless you have a PVS-14 mounted on the weapon, you're not going to be using them IRL. Thats what the IR Laser is for :P

That's probably right, but still, all other Holo sights in game are working better with NVG, plus that small NV button on the middle of the sight is supposed to reduce reticle brightness a lot, to make it NVG friendly.

Hi Lennard, just wanted to say that your L119's are amazing. However I was just wondering if you still intend on fixing the two outstanding issues with the mod, that being the SD models shooting above their intended aimpoint and the eotech being too bright at night. Hope these can get resolved soon and make the mod perfect.

Thanks for the praise :)

I am planning on updating it, but don't have any eta. Your notes are taken though.

No need for the thanks, the praise is warranted. Good to know you plan on updating it too, hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

Thanks for the praise :)

I am planning on updating it, but don't have any eta. Your notes are taken though.

To echo the rest of the replies here.

Great pack! Can't wait for the update.

..just a note. Using Aimpoint or EO-tech with headmounted NVG were for me personal never a problem..