Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this thread to discuss the wishes and ideas you posted HERE:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what are we supposed to discuss if we can't post our ideas here ? It's really far from being easy to discuss on something posted on another thread IMO.

• Like 1

It would be better if maionaze collects all wishes and ideas and makes a weekly/monthly update on his own + locked thread.

Can't see a huge benefit of creating two "I wish/I need" threads out of one "BIS make all the things!"-thread ?

OK I edited my first post seeing that it made no sense. Thanks Prof :)

BTW I made this thread so that users can discuss things posted in the main thread as much as they want without cluttering it.

The main post will be a sticky and a source of information for us and the devs, call it a information stand if you want :), while this one will be the corner cafe thread.

OK I edited my first post seeing that it made no sense. Thanks Prof :)

BTW I made this thread so that users can discuss things posted in the main thread as much as they want without cluttering it.

The main post will be a sticky and a source of information for us and the devs, call it a information stand if you want :), while this one will be the corner cafe thread.

Great ty :)

yeah i want to see the lads asking for the same m16/ak74 together with an impressive list for content already available in A2 posting each vehicle/weapon etc in an individual CIT ticket....

I don't really get the point of that list. It's full of things that are just not going to be in the game. May as well just put : I want every nato/russian vehicle/weapon/aircraft in the game.

What about "equipped" weapons (1 for main, 2 for launchers\pistols and so on) instead of the classic ARMA weapons selection?

I wanted to ask if there is a way to show which wishes are the most wanted wishes of the community, so BI could look at it and know what we want. But I think that the CIT features section really would be a good monitor for this. Maybe there is a way to combine both the CIT and these wish threads?

Anyway, thanks, maionaze, for these threads - at last I feel it makes sense to post wishes, since the old thread was so overloaded that single wishes simply drowned into the flood of unorganised posts.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to show which wishes are the most wanted wishes of the community, so BI could look at it and know what we want. But I think that the CIT features section really would be a good monitor for this. Maybe there is a way to combine both the CIT and these wish threads?

Besides the certain feature being discussed here and receiving a +1 from you guys to show interest in it, I don't see how :(.

A giant poll is out of the question :p

Of course, one can always use the CIT :). I bet the devs prefer that over this.

I made these threads so that the strictly forum community members can express their wishes.

Anyway, thanks, maionaze, for these threads - at last I feel it makes sense to post wishes, since the old thread was so overloaded that single wishes simply drowned into the flood of unorganised posts.

No problemo :)

I wanted to ask if there is a way to show which wishes are the most wanted wishes of the community, so BI could look at it and know what we want.

Thats what the CIT will do if people read it and don't double post similar things.

The ones with highest votes are most wanted...

How could it be simpler or clearer?

Within the new feature about adding satchels to a vehicle/boat.

It would be nice if you could hid the charge more or less depending on how much time setting it takes.

For example having 2 options:

"Place satchel charge on jeep (10 secs)"

"Place satchel charge on jeep behind suspension (25 secs)".

Within the new feature about adding satchels to a vehicle/boat.

It would be nice if you could hid the charge more or less depending on how much time setting it takes.

For example having 2 options:

"Place satchel charge on jeep (10 secs)"

"Place satchel charge on jeep behind suspension (25 secs)".

How this could be helpful to you? - place one satchel and destroy the damn jeep :D

btw you can already set a time of the charge since OFP/ArmA

The jeep might be moving or about to. And he might want to do the *Walk away wearing sunglasses....* *Cool guys don't look at explosions*

He means that it should take more the to plant the satchel if you wanna it well hidden.

I don't realy like all of those future weapons stuffs in Arma 3. I would love to see some nice 1950 - 1968 revolution/war scenario. Some early light machinguns like RPD and classic semi automatic 7.62 powerfull rifles like M14/SKS or even some early assault rifles - G3,FNFal or AK. Something like 1960's WWIII. Also that sweet new engine with a little bit more gore(blood and smashed bodies) with something like dapman first aid. Just an iron cruel war.

Thats what the CIT will do if people read it and don't double post similar things.

The ones with highest votes are most wanted...

How could it be simpler or clearer?

Öhm... Did you you read my sentence after the one you mentioned? :D

Anyway, sry for the OT. :)

I don't realy like all of those future weapons stuffs in Arma 3.

Ya know, I'm not an expert on future, but when you play a game set in the future, you usually get future stuff(s). It would be kinda weird if you went to war in 2035 and found yourself fighting with a No.1 SMLE :bounce3:

Ya know, I'm not an expert on future, but when you play a game set in the future, you usually get future stuff(s). It would be kinda weird if you went to war in 2035 and found yourself fighting with a No.1 SMLE :bounce3:

When I were a drafted soldier in the Danish Army, the equipment we got were not what you would call "new" ;)

When I were a drafted soldier in the Danish Army, the equipment we got were not what you would call "new" ;)

It never is, is it? What I meant was, that a force such as NATO would, even amidst a war, still find the resources to have weaponry that is new-ish, at least by today's standards :rolleyes:

Here's what I just posted in the No Discussion thread. Would like to know your opinions on it (just curious where the community stands on some of this stuff):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2037705&postcount=40

Well I really like what you say about the animations! Best would be to make a completely new animation system that would have the same functions as the current one, but with more fluid movement.

@resistance-rat

well we already saw some interaction with NPC's (smuggler) so thats basically confirmed.

The team also said they will re-create the towns as detailed as possible and now also shift focus on the civilian aspect of them. Pubs might be likely to be there aswell.

If some places will be used to meet such personell, is also very likely.