Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Question about the "Recognize" feature if you point your cursor at ppl and it shows their name tag - it appears to show both name and the "profession" of a player (I believe this would be the name the model is called in the editor? e.g. "Bulldog" and on second line "corpsman" or "engineer" or "force recon unarmed" written in white text).

Can I prevent this 2nd line from showing somehow? Or maybe customize it?

Cause some models are named somewhat strange per default (see "force recon unarmed") and I would rather settle for the name of the player alone without disabling the recognize completely...

We're working on it just now.

There'll be option to disable the unit type displayed for players (enabled by default).

Eventually one will be able to switch to "generic" unit types instead of detailed for own group.

In any case, make sure your game is updated to the very latest version (1.59 official patch currently), and that you run the ArmA2oa.exe - not the old A2 :)

Thank you Sickboy! That did it..my game was at 1.57

We're working on it just now.

There'll be option to disable the unit type displayed for players (enabled by default).

Eventually one will be able to switch to "generic" unit types instead of detailed for own group.

Handled for tomorrows update.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Thank you Sickboy! That did it..my game was at 1.57
NP, glad to hear! I could swear there should be a startup warning telling you have old game version and require a newer version :O

I have know idea what the scroll menu is or how to access it is it the scroll on the mouse if so it wont let me do anything safety for clacker or even set the satchel off..please someone tell me what keys or something,I new to this game.

Sickboy, I cannot seem to turn the below off, despite uncommenting and recommenting #define ACE_MINIMALHUD to see what occurs.

That says "Spetznatz Scout" in the middle there - I am currently looking at one ingame.

HUDAnnoyance.jpg

I am using RC5 without hotfixes.

Plz halp. My titletexts are being ruinated.

One possible Solution is to set the "scanning Method" in the ACE Options to "Spacebar" or "Mousewheel" instead of "permanent".

I´ve chosen "Spacebar", so the Unit Description will only appear if you look at them and hit Spacebar. :)

What Humvee said :)

Thanks btw, CMcD, for the AI magazine selection workaround etc, we have also implemented it for ACE. (BIS and ACE vehicles).

Available in tonight's update.

One possible Solution is to set the "scanning Method" in the ACE Options to "Spacebar" or "Mousewheel" instead of "permanent".

I´ve chosen "Spacebar", so the Unit Description will only appear if you look at them and hit Spacebar. :)

What Humvee said :)

Thanks btw, CMcD, for the AI magazine selection workaround etc, we have also implemented it for ACE. (BIS and ACE vehicles).

Available in tonight's update.

Thankyou, gentlemans. :)

Also, please credit [ASA]Oden in your credit list - he is the conceiver of the great majority of that work.

ACE for OA 1.12 Update 1 Released!

Release Notes: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_12_Update_1

The CBA build is also available for seperate download in the CBA thread,

as it includes important fixes that will soon be released as CBA 0.7.10.

Thanks very much. Loving the fact that we can use the rest of the OA backpacks now :)

One question regarding this however. The BAF Assault rucks, there doesn't seem to be an empty version of the ruck and I'm basically trying to emtpy one to use in my loadout script which is called by init.sqf.

Here is my code for adding and removing the gear from the ruck:

_unit addBackpack "BAF_AssaultPack_RifleAmmo";
[_unit, "BTH"] call ACE_fnc_RemoveGear;

I've also tried:

waitUntil {[_unit] call ACE_fnc_HasRuck;};

However it doesn't seem to do the trick 100% of the time. Sometimes it is emptied before I add gear, other times it is not.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thankyou, gentlemans. :)

Also, please credit [ASA]Oden in your credit list - he is the conceiver of the great majority of that work.

Done :)

Still a couple of vehicles don't support the change completely - that will change in next update - but in general AI ammo management made its efficiency skyrocketed!

Edited by zGuba

There's a problem with High ROF vehicle weapons regarding latest OA betas.

You can notice particle effects dropped @ some place in front of the muzzle, notably causing view obscure for Mi-24D/V gunner and spoiling muzzle flash FX when AI fires KPVT.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22560

Here is my code for adding and removing the gear from the ruck:

The problem is that with the first command, you are adding an OA backpack and with the second you try to empty it as if it was an ACE pack. The automatic conversion only takes place after the mission starts.

To add the ACE backpack in your init:

_unit addWeapon "ACE_AssaultPack_BAF";

If the unit has an OA pack by default, remove it with:

removeBackpack _unit 

The problem is that with the first command, you are adding an OA backpack and with the second you try to empty it as if it was an ACE pack. The automatic conversion only takes place after the mission starts.

To add the ACE backpack in your init:

_unit addWeapon "ACE_AssaultPack_BAF";

If the unit has an OA pack by default, remove it with:

removeBackpack _unit 

Many thanks indeed

:bounce3:

How can I remove tank smoke launcher ammo?

removemagazineturret smokelaunchermag doesn't work. (With correct formatting)

New to ARMA 2 and ACE, installed via 6updater, but having a problem with the Javelin launcher. In game I'm missing the sight module, it just doesn't appear, which renders the missile part useless! Have I borked the install? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ah ok so the missions need to be ACE compatible to be able to use the Javelin then?

Ah ok so the missions need to be ACE compatible to be able to use the Javelin then?
There are things in place to provide the CLU in missions that were not designed for ACE.

If it's not working for you, please create a ticket with the mission in question;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

How can I remove tank smoke launcher ammo?

removemagazineturret smokelaunchermag doesn't work. (With correct formatting)

Permanently: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458#note-10

Per mission: The same way you'd do it in vanilla game, perhaps check the mission editing forums.

Per mission: The same way you'd do it in vanilla game, perhaps check the mission editing forums.

That is what I meant. Wasn't sure if ACE changed the system.

And tanks fire frag rounds at infantry now. Run. The fuck. Away.

Also, the new AI has infantry taking cover from armored threats as they did on Zeus' best days. Seems like a worthy addition so far, but it's possible that engagement ranges aren't quite up to snuff yet. Shouldn't infantry be using their RPGs on tanks within 300m?

I have just found the joys of six updater and am now using it to update my ACE to the current version which is good, however, my question revolves more around the Ruck system.

I know how to use it, and I know that I have to hit the "Drop Ruck" function to drop it and the gear inside on the ground, however, whenever I pick my ruck up using the action/scroll menu, I seem to loose half the gear inside of it, like it has fallen out or something.

Is this a known bug? or am I supposed to pick the ruck up in another way to keep my gear inside?

Tis rather annoying when I ditch it to clear a building, or to use it as a fire position and I pick it up to find the majority (and usually all the useful parts) of my gear missing.