Sign in to follow this  
yurapetrov

Seahawk Addon By YuraPetrov

Great addon, very high quality and it flies nice. I just have a couple nagging little tiny details that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

• As you've noticed, when the helicopter is sitting on the tarmac, the main rotor assembly is angled forward a few degrees. Not really a big deal, even BIS helicopters have this "bug". How it is How it should be This means you're going to have to pull the nose up when you take off to stay in a stable hover. You're going to have to re-center the artificial horizon though.
  • The next thing is even less important, working instruments. :p Well, accurate instruments that is. Just a little hint, 100kts is 185kph.

Thanks for the amazing addon.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me with them.

Yura...as far as the dampers, maybe ask meatball0311 and see how he did it with his F/A-18? they work great on it. also, anyway to spawn an already folded chopper? or is the only way to do it to get out and select fold?

Real nice addon man..... I do kinda feel like snoop dogg when landing and turning my engine off on the nimitz though lol

would recommend swapping out the current engine sounds and using RH's blackhawk sounds instead. Looking forward to the other variants :cool:

Edited by desmondb

No. Guy in the back just a passanger :-)

Arf, anyway keep up the good work :)

Ok. I'm include test mission in beta 1.1

Thanks! I added your code in next version.

I got error about class CMFlareLauncher not exist in Arma2.

its because its not present in Arma2 its part of Arrowhead. You will need CO

When using MMA I cant use MK 54 or the Penguin missile.

How should I do ? I lock on a target but when I push fire nothing happens. Hope somebody can show it by video or something.

Edited by Nikiforos

Nikiforos, to use torpedoes:

1 - Move to Sonobuoy mode (by default L.CTRL to cycle through modes)

2 - Drop one or several (by default L.Win)

3 - Move to Mk54 mode (by default L.CTRL to cycle through modes)

4 - Locate a potential target provided by your sonobuoys or other player's ones and lock on it (by default TAB)

5 - Drop a torpedo (by default L.Windows)

Of course you can also read the pdf included within MMA.

Hi Yura Petrov

I have done a couple of experiments in my WIP OFP world map with GNATs frigates and your Seahawks and I'm really impressed.

Unfortunately the thrusttime value that you have in the penguin means that you cannot engage very far targets.

I Have tried different values and you can engage a Krivak frigate with the penguin missile from 7-8 kilometers if you set a thrusttime=24; line in the weapons config.

The only thing I'm having trouble with are the torpedoes. I have tried to enable them but no success.

I give this addon :yay:

GOOD WORK!!!!!

please guys just an help.

after put the chopper on deck of the carrier nimitz or lhd it appear with little jumps in continuos.

i'm the only one with this problem?

many thanks......:(

please guys just an help.

after put the chopper on deck of the carrier nimitz or lhd it appear with little jumps in continuos.

i'm the only one with this problem?

many thanks......:(

Problem with the gear is known issue - hopefully someone should tell how to Yura and fix it

that time Yura could try BIS Dampers animations

I Have tried different values and you can engage a Krivak frigate with the penguin missile from 7-8 kilometers if you set a thrusttime=24; line in the weapons config.

The only thing I'm having trouble with are the torpedoes. I have tried to enable them but no success.

Thanks! I'll change thrusttime to 24.

I can use torpedoes only with mando missile addon.

First drop sonobuoy by Left Win key, then switch to torpedoes HUD by Left Control, then lock target - Tab, then fire - Left Win.

that time Yura could try BIS Dampers animations

BIS Dampers animation works only for TranslationY types. My addon has "Rotation" and "Translation" type. I tried damper source, but unsuccessful :-(

Here some sources

class dampers
		{
				type="rotation";
			source="altRadar";
			selection="dampers";
			axis="dampers_axis";
			maxValue=0.350000;
			angle0=0.0;
			angle1=-0.26706;
		};
		class tail_wheel
		{
				type="translation";
			source="altRadar";
			selection="tail_wheel";
			axis="tail_wheel_axis";
			maxValue=0.500000;
			offset0=0;
			offset1=-0.5;
		};			
		class noga
		{
				type="rotation";
			source="altRadar";
			selection="noga";
			axis="noga_axis";
			maxValue=0.500000;
			angle0=0;
			angle1=0.8;
		};

Edited by yurapetrov

Hmm BIS one have these

class dampers: Rotation
		{
			source="altRadar";
			selection="dampers";
			axis="dampers_axis";
			maxValue=0.400000;
			angle0=-0.087266;
			angle1=-0.296706;
		};
		class dampers_rear: dampers
		{
			selection="damper_rear";
			axis="damper_rear_axis";
			angle0=0.000000;
		};

btw you got bug in that Dampers

class dampers
		{
				type="rotation";
			source="altRadar";
			selection="[b]altRadar[/b]"; Should be dampers
			axis="dampers_axis";
			maxValue=0.350000;
			angle0=0.0;
			angle1=-0.26706;
		};

Edited by RobertHammer

Hmm BIS one have these

class dampers: Rotation
		{
			source="altRadar";
		};

I use the same source as the BIS.

BIS MH60 don't bounce?

The timing on this is perfect. The day before yesterday I thought to myself, "what ever happened to that seahawk i saw being made a couple months ago?". Then the next day it just happens to be here.:yay:

I used the seahawk to pick up some of my squad that decided to go swimimg off of the nimitz and I noticed something.

When you get to the water, once your wheels touch the water they act as if they are on the ground. The weels stay at surface so if the chopper keeps going down, the wheels move closer to the helicopter. Riding up the shocks. But when the helo touches the water, then the shocks push the wheels back down just like any ohter chopper.

It's not a major issue but it could be related to it bouncing all over the deck.

And to keep this question alive (I've seen it asked about 2 or 3 times and got ignored or overlooked) but how about a code/script for us to put in the init to start it with the blades folded. Or at least to get the motion going. Like bis Cobra blades start out but immediately fold, while the UH1 will spawn with it folded almost instantly.

This is probably one of the highest priorities for us addon aholics. I think more people will use it just for the folding without ever flying it.

Is it possible for you to eventually create your own torpedos? Unless Mando models can be seperated from the rest of his stuff. I don't want to have to be forced to use Mando on my jets (changing all my keys around) just because I need his torpedo to use your helicopter. Just a question, not a demand and not a complaint about Mando. I just don't have a bunch of time to remap all my controls that took me months to get used to just for a single addon. Eventually i'll learn mando but right now it's not ideal for everyone. If i have to use Mando, then I won't get to use your Seahawk. All it will be is a "paper weight" just on decks to look pretty. That is such a waste of hard work.:(.But that's just me. No big deal.

Thanks, but seriously, how to fold?

easy

For folding

this exec "\sh60\scripts\SH60fold.sqs";

For unfolding

this exec "\sh60\scripts\SH60spread.sqs";

Requires a little more refining but these two scripts work

And to keep this question alive (I've seen it asked about 2 or 3 times and got ignored or overlooked) but how about a code/script for us to put in the init to start it with the blades folded.

I updated beta to version 1.1 and included seahawk version started with folded rotors.

Is it possible for you to eventually create your own torpedos?

Cant make by myself. I need good scripter guy who helped me to make scripts for torpedoes and other, like HEFS (Helicopter Emergency Flotation System)

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:36 PM ----------

SH-60B "Seahawk" beta 1.1 released

CHANGE LOG

beta 1.1:

- Added version with folded rotors, please do not place it on the air :-)

- Changed thrusttime for penguins, now it sets to 24;

- Added radar warning and countermeasures for Arma2&OA, but Arma2 users got an error message "class CMFlareLauncher not exist";

- Fixed small bug in one normal map texture;

- Added small test mission.

Download 15MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20760575/yup_sh60_beta_v1.1.rar

BONUS:

SH-60B from HSL-43 "Battlecats"

Required original SH-60B

Download 5MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20760592/yup_sh60b_battlecats_v1.rar

SH-60B from HSL-51 "Warlords'

Required original SH-60B

Download 5MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20760597/yup_sh60b_warlords_v1.rar

yurapetrov,

I offer this only as informational and not a criticism, so please don't take it that way.

The -60B doesn't have a flotations system anymore. They haven't had them for the 10+ years I've been flying them and they've been gone long before that. So if you don't add it, it's not that big a deal.

As for the Penguin... I don't think Spain has them, and the U.S. hasn't had them in a long time (~2002). The Bravo just has the Hellfire and torpedoes now (as well as the M-240 and GAU-16). Still, I guess the Penguin is a good weapon if you build a retro mission.

As for the Penguin... I don't think Spain has them, and the U.S. hasn't had them in a long time (~2002). The Bravo just has the Hellfire and torpedoes now (as well as the M-240 and GAU-16). Still, I guess the Penguin is a good weapon if you build a retro mission.

Well,spanish navy still has a couple penguins. But the fact is that as the ministry of defense is not known for spending in the right things, only half of the spanish seahawks have the left wing and pylon required for transporting and launching it.

Also, don't know why but hellfires have not been bought by the spanish navy.If you ask me, complete lack of sense.

With you releasing this addon, we will have to modify the ANZAC frigate. If you land on the panding pad of the frigate, then she sinks. I supose you have set a higher mass value. This doesn't happen with BIS MH-60

Anyway, good work!!!