Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

Grats on ACE2 release mate.

Plans on vanilla then ?

Unfortunately no, especially now that the Metal Detector has been added into ACE and it is making a great couple with the Thor 3 and the IED behavior that ACE has in it.

Sorry about that, I'll make sure I announce this heavily in case there is a chance to do it.

I would love a dedicated Thor3 backpack model, maybe by offering this to your gods they will answer your prayer (lol this is ransom :))

Just noticed this.

Ive used your 'SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Ordnance Disposal Script' in my missions.

is there a function to detect these bombs?

Do they work with the Tactical IED detection script?

Or do i have to use one or the other?

I like the idea with this EOD MOD that its a bit more random then the other script.

1) I dropped any kind of support with the script version

2) I almost even forgot how to use the script version

3) There are SERIOUS bugs with the script version that will put your server on its knees, I would advise not to use it

4) I won't write a script version of this mod

;)

only way to disarm IEDs in the EDO MOD is shooting it then? or will there be a possibilty to disarm in the future?

Thanks for a great MOD!

only way to disarm IEDs in the EDO MOD is shooting it then? or will there be a possibilty to disarm in the future?

Thanks for a great MOD!

No I am not planning to add any disarm function as in "cut the wire" etc.

Disarm it the Marines way: place C4 on it and blow the whole damn thing ;)

As seen on TV!! On "The Battle for Marjah" :)

Reezo,

Congrats...I know its been a long slog with this one.

I can finally finish my mission !

Just to clarify is this compatible with ACRE or not ????

You're welcome, guys. Thanks for the appreciation!

UGLY: Yes, it's compatible with ACRE as far as I know there are no config entries or code lines that interferes with it. It should pretty much be 100% mods-compatible.

Since there is no documentation or example missions, the YouTube video tutorials are going to be your best bet to learn how to set this up (really easy to do, anyway).

Reezo,

Just about to start using this MOD then realized that there seems to be no way to control it.

By that I mean it will active in every mission rather than appropriate missions.....or am I not understanding the configuration correctly ?

With your script version we could control the entire settings which was nice.

Any chance of some kind of init script settings so we can turn on or off as appropriate ?

Reezo,

Just about to start using this MOD then realized that there seems to be no way to control it.

By that I mean it will active in every mission rather than appropriate missions.....or am I not understanding the configuration correctly ?

With your script version we could control the entire settings which was nice.

Any chance of some kind of init script settings so we can turn on or off as appropriate ?

The videos "Editing Elements" (2 parts) have all the possible parameters you can set in the modules. It works differently from the script version although it retains some of the features, in a different shape.

Short question :)

Do i need to sync. all playable units with the modules, or only the group leader of each squad? Thanks

Great stuff really :rthumb:

Short question :)

Do i need to sync. all playable units with the modules, or only the group leader of each squad? Thanks

Great stuff really :rthumb:

Thanks :) You need to sync only the group leaders, if you sync other units of the same group accidentally the mod should clean up by itself so no big deal.

Behaviour-wise the mod should also work after the leader respawns.

Reezo, great job with this mod but is thre anyway to make the bomber or IED trigger man opfor or bluefor depending on which side you are playing? I understand you cant tell who a suicide bomber is but it sucks when you get shot by your own men for killing the bombers when your only protecting them

Reezo, great job with this mod but is thre anyway to make the bomber or IED trigger man opfor or bluefor depending on which side you are playing? I understand you cant tell who a suicide bomber is but it sucks when you get shot by your own men for killing the bombers when your only protecting them

This should not happen because the suicide bomber gets a highly negative score when openly declaring the hostile action. If you shoot someone who is just running to your car you will end with a civilian kill and that might give you problems with your allies.

If you shoot a suicide bomber in the attempt of blowing himself up, he won't be considered a civilian kill..actually even AI soldiers will attempt to shoot him down before he detonates.

Same goes for a radio triggerman: you cannot just shoot the guy because he's the only one watching an IED. He has to declare his intention, meaning he might draw a handgun and attempt to fight, flee or evade capture in some other way. If he has a weapon, you can shoot him down before he does the same to you.

I tried to follow the dreaded and much discussed ROE in real life combat..it makes it much harder to hunt the guys down since you can only shoot people with weapons, for instance.

Remember that by approaching a possible triggerman and pointing your weapon at him you will be putting him under stress, meaning he might reveal himself by surrendering, fleeing or fighting. Try and send some of your men to inspect/arrest suspects and you will probably find the triggerman..if he gets hostile, you can shoot him down.

The videos "Editing Elements" (2 parts) have all the possible parameters you can set in the modules. It works differently from the script version although it retains some of the features, in a different shape.

Reezo,

I am so stupid, excellent idea on the video tutorials !

Shame I didn`t watch them before asking my question :o

thanks for bearing with me

Testing :)

Can i just check Reezo, is the download link on the first page out of date? I downloaded what looks like a newer version from Armaholic which has the following in the changelog:-

h3. 2011-09-24

Build 200

* Fixed accidental spawning of IEDs under units or too close to them

* Disabled all debug logging

* Signed

Build 200RC

* Initial release

The one i downloaded from the first page just has this:

h2. 2011-08-27

Build 200

* Initial release

Also is this available on the SixUpdater? I had a look but couldnt see anything.

EDIT:- Is this fully dedicated server compatible? I would assume so, just want to make sure before i get invested in using it.

Fantastic job though, adds so much to missions. I will have some more questions, just want to get a feel for it first before any enquiries :D

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Download the one on Armaholic. It's the most recent. I don't think the mod is on Six Updater..and yes, it should be fully DS compatible ;)

Ok time for a couple of questions :p

Firstly the suicide bombers... Is there a way to kill the bomber before he detonates without just randomly shooting someone who happens to run at you? I've tried walking up with sights on, then as soon as the bomber reacts, i kill him but the bomb still goes off.

Not sure if it is possible but if so is there some kind of delay? Even is its 1/2 seconds before it explodes. It would give you a chance if say you are in a crowded area where you cant avoid civilians.

Secondly is shooting or blowing up the IED's the only way to clear them? I wasnt sure if there was a way to disarm it with an engineer or something.

Finally is there a way to create an area where IED's will not be spawned on a map via the ambient module?

Oh and while i'm here :D Are there any plans to incorporate the new ACE metal detector into the mod somewhere?

Maybe as a way to detect what kind of IED it is, so aslong as you have the metal detector up, you could maybe walk close to the IED even if it is a pressure plate. So in theory you could then disarm with a simple action menu (maybe on a random time to completetion to add something), but only as an engineer class and if you have the metal detector. Obviously you would still have to carry the THOR3 for the radio detonations. Possibly even say a 5 meter safe radius around the guy with the metal detector, so that someone with a THOR3 could walk close behind.

Anyway i'll stop waffeling on now :o This is pretty much everything i have been looking for just for something a little else to add to missions. I'm not sure if any of the above could be done but it would certainly add an element to EOD without going overboard on complexity. I'd love to create some route clearance missions where you cant just blow them all up because of civilian infrastructure, the challenge of securing an area for long enough to diffuse could be very interesting.

Sorry, i'll stop now honest...

Loving it so far though mate....:yay::yay:

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Do the ambient IED and suicide bomber modules only work on takistan? I've tried them on other islands and haven't come across anything

Do the ambient IED and suicide bomber modules only work on takistan? I've tried them on other islands and haven't come across anything

They work whenever BIS Ambient Civilian Modules work.

Does that mean only on certain islands?

In islands where BIS ambient modules (Civilians, especially) do not work the EOD ambient modules do not work, either. It is a matter of how the author decided to make his own island, so it should be brought to his attention, not mine (there is nothing I can do about it). EOD area modules work, though.