Visit us at: www.sr5tactical.net
Just to make it as clear as possible, this mod is in BETA stage. The purpose of this release is to allow you (if you want) to provide me with debug and testing.
This mod brings IEDs and Suicide bombers into the game, as well as Thor 3 IED jammers, radio triggermen with random reactions etc. etc.
Most of the factors are randomized in order to give it a more realistic, varied and entertaining experience in accordance to the expectations of a title like ArmA 2.
Video tutorials, trailers, sneek peeks and guides:
Gameplay elements and features
Editing elements (2 parts)
jjKhZqoyyL0 | kViS96tRVV8
Editing elements (IN ITALIAN for my italian friends)
learn English you schmucks, it's 2011!
A short gameplay example of a suicide bomber
- The mod is still in beta testing and provided as is. There are no guarantess, for what I know this could even format your entire computer. I will only care if you provide me with sensible data/info etc.
- The purpose of releasing this at its present state is to get some kind of improved beta testing from you, users. Any PM/email/post asking "I tried this and that in my mission, but it does not work..can you help me set it up?" is going to be ignored. On the contrary, I will instantly pick, from your messages, if you are willing to provide some actual constructive feedback. This will grasp my attention.
- For beta testing reasons the mod outputs a lot of text to the main server log. I did this for two reasons: one, for keeping track of a good diagnostic log (that you can use, as well). Two, for hassling you people who want to use it in your dedicated servers right away. At its present state you will need some kind of controlled environment to run and test this. By the time you read this I might have released an updated version which takes care of what I just wrote, but who knows?
- No documentation, yet. All you need to know is in the videos posted above.
- The previous IED Detection and Disposal scripts are not part of this mod: this mod contains code that I re-wrote from scratch.
- I need feedback to fix and improve the actual mod behavior, not suggestions on NEW stuff to add. New stuff will be taken into account at a later stage. For now I will probably just ignore it, so don't ask.
- I might remove the ACE dependancy but for the moment it is pretty convenient to me for a number of reasons (not just gameplay reasons, but also technical).
- I won't remove the CBA dependancy. CBA should be default code in ArmA 2 by itself, it makes modding and scripting much easier and better in terms of performance for both the server and its connected clients.
- If you think the title "EOD Mod" is too much for this, I am sorry, I got to pick one and I did.
- Custom images and sounds
- Uses modules for ease of use
- Parameters fully customizable, for dynamic/persistent scenarios as well
- Works with virtually any mod
- SP and MP compatible
- ACE Core
Xeno - For all the coding tips, tutorials and IM chats
VIPER[CWW] - 'Allah Akbar' sound sample
SR5 Tactical - My men
I don't want to say this is a masterpiece, but I know for sure I have put a lot of time and efforts in this scripts suite. If you want to make changes I would please ask you to contact me for my permission. I would also love to have more people work on this same thing rather than having 20 people working on the same thing with different names. I am open to critics and teamwork, I will try my best to make my skills match my enthusiasm.
Nothing I can really "claim" or track you down with..so please don't just be an assh*le and if you do any change to this script or implement it in your missions or scenarios..please add some kind of credit line to this work. It would be kind
How to pay me back:
I accept donations via PayPal, you can use firstname.lastname@example.org if you want. Yes, I am this dirty.
Mirroring and downloads:
v2.22 - http://www.multiupload.com/Z955SK2NOT
For feedback, email me at info(at)sr5tactical.net or shout your thoughts here.
Enjoy and have fun, see you on the battlefield,
Edited by Reezo, 20 November 2011 - 14:11.