Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

We'll to be honest, it isn't your FAL. Look closely. No bipod, no VFG. Also, take a look at your FAL's Stock. Now the stock on the BIS gun. Notice that the metal between the thicker section is lighter grey, almost a bit shiny. Now look at your FAL. All black stock.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-muzzle-velocity

I'm impressed... seriously.... I thought this was never going to get fixed. Here was my old proposal back in the days: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/2411

Thanks alot! :-)

BTW: Is this still an issue?

while DayZ standalone is nearin where that 2411 CIT ticket aimed, I fear for Arma 3 its 'nearly' impossible goal (it means full inventory rewrite)

ofcourse this don't mean we don't try work out something inbetween ...

We'll to be honest, it isn't your FAL..

I know :rolleyes:

I know :rolleyes:

Sooo we are back in the hype train which you almost crashed that it's likely a new gun in the screenshot?

while DayZ standalone is nearin where that 2411 CIT ticket aimed, I fear for Arma 3 its 'nearly' impossible goal (it means full inventory rewrite)

ofcourse this don't mean we don't try work out something inbetween ...

I suppose you mean #2980 ticket about weapons and mags being objects? Since #2411 has been resolved in, I believe a perfect way with the recent initSpeed-on-weapons changes.

Nah, it's just a reference to the fact that DnA is on holiday in Indonesia or there abouts.

All the changelogs notes since he's been away have had a footer that references to the fact that Joris is Dutchman on holiday in what used to be a Dutch colony called the Dutch East Indies, and is now the Republic of Indonesia.

Nah, it's just a reference to the fact that DnA is on holiday in Indonesia or there abouts.

All the changelogs notes since he's been away have had a footer that references to the fact that Joris is Dutchman on holiday in what used to be a Dutch colony called the Dutch East Indies, and is now the Republic of Indonesia.

Possible area for expansion?

You know, with BIS nothing is for certain until it hits stable branch.

Too much speculation perhaps is fun, but may lead to unforeseen dissapointment at the actual release of things...

I suppose you mean #2980 ticket about weapons and mags being objects? Since #2411 has been resolved in, I believe a perfect way with the recent initSpeed-on-weapons changes.

ye, ticket mismatch ;) was about the wp/mg obj stuff

It's gonna have water.That's one hint ^^

"The team is now focused upon populating the map with compositions (above and below water!)"

TO sum up information into condensed form:

Weapon Resting and Recoil Overhaul will be released together on dev branch

Weapon resting uses algorithem where aiming would benefit from a stable firing position

Recoil Overhaul aims to be fluent by correcting existing behavior.

Release depends on fixing bugs and issues

Weapon deployment will come in in next couple of weeks

---

Muzzle velocity (look oprep)

detection of bullets impacting / flying around units.

---

Terrain preproduction finished, and production in underway (making assets)

One of the objectives is balance of visually side, performance, and AI path finding

---

new UAV commands.

new append command adds the useful ability to append one array to another

////

I'm curious about overhaul of recoil.They speak about it very abstract.

Edited by enex

2 paragraphs about the new terrain yet they don't even hint at where it's gonna be????? WTF?????

Are you surprised? They're hardly gonna give it away this early are they (and BI really like the long, drawn out suspense thing).

Are you surprised? They're hardly gonna give it away this early are they (and BI really like the long, drawn out suspense thing).

It's starting to seem like more of a fetish. Lol, they trade marked the word "Soon" for Christ sake. XD

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

no, not really. i guess that i was hoping that this time they would tell...or hint

no, not really. i guess that i was hoping that this time they would tell...or hint

Well, we know there are going to be large bodies of water, so it's unlikely to be any kind of desert setting ala Takistan.

At least it's something. ;)

One time on reddit they said that it will be Albania with snowy Mountains - dunno if it's true or not

I like water, and green environment mixed in. If they pull off something like Bosnia, i'd be happy. actual mountains, rivers, canals with towns that actually have water in it. Idk, underwater environments though? Guess we'll find out. That was the selling point of Arma 3 from the start.

One time on reddit they said that it will be Albania with snowy Mountains - dunno if it's true or not

Hah, that's not happening. Albania's covered in bunkers.

Unless...