Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Hey meat. Tried the new version out, looks even better with the low-vis paintjob :thumbsup:

The CAPS'ed actions were a funny touch, hard to miss those, but they work very well :D

Like the new flares, makes them good for show as to not spend the MMA ones.

Still get an afterburner on/off (depending on whether they're on or off) when deploying the MMA flares though :/

EDIT: Forgot sth. The cockpit view now looks a bit off to the left :s

NEW EDIT: The view is perfectly centered with your included pilot :), but a bit to the left with the regular usmc pilot, and the WSO seat is in both cases a bit off to the right, just thought to let'ya know.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Hey meat. Tried the new version out, looks even better with the low-vis paintjob :thumbsup:

The CAPS'ed actions were a funny touch, hard to miss those, but they work very well :D

Like the new flares, makes them good for show as to not spend the MMA ones.

Still get an afterburner on/off (depending on whether they're on or off) when deploying the MMA flares though :/

EDIT: Forgot sth. The cockpit view now looks a bit off to the left :s

NEW EDIT: The view is perfectly centered with your included pilot :), but a bit to the left with the regular usmc pilot, and the WSO seat is in both cases a bit off to the right, just thought to let'ya know.

The afterburner does not turn on when you deploy the flares do they? Or is it just giving you and addAction for "afterburner on/off"? I tested that and the afterburner did not engage when I did MMA flares..

Yeah, havent done much testing using the BIS pilot... just use mine :)

Thanks for giving me some feedback!

I'll run some more tests now, but as it stands when i deploy mma flares (default left shift) the afterburner goes on (blue flames come out : P) or off if they're on (they are actually engaged, not just an action pop-up).

I think your pilot has its "eyes" a bit off, since i tried it out with the F-14, and indeed it caused the view to be a bit off. Basically the pilots offset counter's the f-18's one, a bit wierd that.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

I'll run some more tests now, but as it stands when i deploy mma flares (default left shift) the afterburner goes on (blue flames come out : P) or off if they're on (they are actually engaged, not just an action pop-up).

I think your pilot has its "eyes" a bit off, since i tried it out with the F-14, and indeed it caused the view to be a bit off. Basically the pilots offset counter's the f-18's one, a bit wierd that.

Will look into that...

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

This is perfectly centered.... use my pilot :)

arma2OA2011-07-2712-54-46-28.jpg

FIXED:

arma2OA2011-07-2712-54-57-27.jpg

Now on to the next FIX.......

Obviously it's not your fault Meatball but your guys have no ACE g-forces resistance, so that's why we've been testing with the US Army pilots.

Good news. I just found the problem. The BIS default "vehicle turbo" key (left shift) was causing it. As soon as i switched it to the Home key (didn't have to be that, it just so happened to be that one i chose, and it no longer popped flares and switched the A/B at the same time, just flares :)).

Yes, I havent gotten to the RTM file (which positions the pilot in the cockpit), yet. That will be corrected shortly. Your other picture.. I have to look at and will get back to you. But in all the pilot view is centered (at least where I want it). Thanks for the heads up!

What is the reason for a custom RTM File? Just use the normal BIS ones and adjust the pilot proxy, so everything is perfectly aligned... At least this way you can get into the f18 with every ARMA2 guy.

And while the Marine Aviator has a nice touch, it still makes the Nimitz unusuable because of the invincible walls all over the deck...

What is the reason for a custom RTM File? Just use the normal BIS ones and adjust the pilot proxy, so everything is perfectly aligned... At least this way you can get into the f18 with every ARMA2 guy.

And while the Marine Aviator has a nice touch, it still makes the Nimitz unusuable because of the invincible walls all over the deck...

A rtm file does not limit with which unit you can board or not, it is meant to adjust the unit's stance inside the plane, means, where are the limbs placed, how are the arms placed and so on.

Ok... for some reason everytime I touch down on the deck of the NIMITZ I crash.. even at (speed 220). What are these "invincible walls all over the deck" that you are talking about? Can you see them in game?

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Ah.. ha.. I found the problem with the alignment. Will FIX now! :yay:

It was in the memory LOD of the mar_pilot a memory point "Pilot" was off center.

What are these "invincible walls all over the deck" that you are talking about? Can you see them in game?

Oops, of course I ment invisible walls.

Thought it would be easier just to show a video.

[Edit]Video removed because bug was fixed, thanks Meatball :) [/Edit]

Hope this helps somehow.

About the Landing Gear issue. The bug is still there, even if only one plane is inside the mission. I could make another movie to show it to you, if needed.

Keep up the good work :)

Best regards

Edited by swissMAG
Bug was fixed in the newest version

Oops, of course I ment invisible walls.

Thought it would be easier just to show a video.

Hope this helps somehow.

About the Landing Gear issue. The bug is still there, even if only one plane is inside the mission. I could make another movie to show it to you, if needed.

Keep up the good work :)

Best regards

Thanks.. I dont know but I will look into it.

Thanks for the video! Does it make it impossible to land on the carrier?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

UPDATE:

mar_2MAW_V1.2

FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck

REMOVED extra gear up and gear down actions

FIXED Pilot View centered for all units

FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit

Ok well I managed to figure out the issue I was having about not being able to have the Nimitz and the Super Hornet loaded in the game at the same time. It wasn't anything to do with the Hornet at all. It was/is actually a problem with the ANZAC mod. If I have the ANZAC mod's, the Nimitz' and the Super Hornet's modfolders all loaded at the same time, the Nimitz and the Super Hornet will not load, but if I don't load ANZAC then the Nimitz and Hornet will both load fine. This is a major pain cos all of my 5 elaborate carrier maps have ANZAC frigates so I can't implement the Hornet into those ones :( . O well I'll just have to make one from scratch I guess.

Can anyone tell me how to start a mission with the wings already folded? I can't park them close to each other closely if the wings start down. And if I can't get them parked closer then doesn't that make it pointless to fold them?

And I don't know if the gear issue some of you have is what I have seen or not. If you select gear down nothing happens, but when you slow down and approach a runway (haven't tried not on runway) then a second, "landing gear down" function comes up in the action? menu. So when getting ready to land scroll to "landing gear down" instead of "gear down"

Edited by victim913

What about the automatic wings folding when the jet is stopped? Like when it's idle the wings are folded all the times, and will return normal when the speed is started.

Evil Brownie thanks, but that's not it. That is an animation. I need them to be up. Never down. If i use RTE, i can use that animation then i can place them where I want on the carrier. But once the mission starts, the wings will be down, then the animation makes them go up. So when they start with wings down, they crash into each other, then fold wings.

I need the wings to start up, and stay up, or at least have the option to fold down when I want to get in.

I want to park them close on the carrier like in real life. I may not ever use those specific jets to fly, but they look nice. So how?

Did you read the first post or the readme?

FOLD WINGS:

-------------

this animate ["l_wingfold",1]

this animate ["r_wingfold",1]

OPEN CANOPY:

--------------

this animate ["canopy",1]

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

put those in the init field of the Hornets

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to updated mirror :

F/A-18 Super Hornet [CO] (v 1.2) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1775

Needed :

GLT Missilebox (v 3.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=954&game=1

GLT Real Air Weapons (v 3.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1731&game=1

FOLD WINGS:

-------------

That doest work. He wants to Put them closely to each other at the start of the mission. When he uses that code, the wings will still collide at the start of the mission. I would recomment to change the start value of the animationphase of the wings so they spawn with wing folded.

They will unfold automaticly if you start flying.

FOLD WINGS:

-------------

OPEN CANOPY:

--------------

this animate ["canopy",1]

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

put those in the init field of the Hornets

Are you serious? Is anyone out there reading anything I'm typing? I thought I made myself extremely clear. But maybe you guys see the words "wings up" and then stop reading anything else I write. My aunt does that too. Hears me say the word "money" then she tries to hide from me.

I WANT THE WINGS UP FROM THE MILLISECOND THE GAME COMES ON. An Animation is an Animation. That means the wings start down then move up. That causes damage to the Hornet next to it. I DON'T WANT ANIMATION. I WANT TO START IN UP POSITION AND STAY IN UP POSITION. Animation is a movement.

Thank you for the help, swissMAG, thank you for reading my message.

It is an excellent addon though. But if you can make the wings stay up, then you can't park them close as in real life.

Spawning with wings folded would be a good thing,

But a temp work around if you are desperate (and I figure by the shouting you are), is to spawn them at an airfield, fold the wings, then teleport them to deck.

If your are familiar with RTE you use it to place where you want then pull the exact teleport co-ords from the save script.

Great to see the centering fixed. :D

I did spot something new though, on a few ocasions the afterburner and the wing folding sound prolonged itselft well after it had finished the animation (wings) or being switched off (afterburner).

@victim913 - Show some more respect to the guy whose addon you find "excellent", as you put it. Do not go making demands of people who make things like this for free in their own time.

And yes, you can quite easily work around this "problem" with a little scripting. Try disabling the simulation of the plane until its wings are up, and then re-enabling it using the enableSimulation command. Or use a setPos loop keeping it locked to the same position combined with allowDamage. Or some other solution you may come up with. Have a look at the scripting commands available for ARMA 2 and try to do some investigative work next time.

Are you serious? Is anyone out there reading anything I'm typing? <capslock ranting removed>

Not any more, I suspect.