Sign in to follow this  
Amra

SQF Editor

Anyone got a mirror for 0.2? The sub 6KB/sec I'm getting from Gamefront is driving me mad. 20MB shouldn't even register as a download on fiber, yet this is gonna take like an hour. :) Gah, now it's just not even trying to download.

Edited by kylania

Perhaps a dev-heaven.net project space? Comes with download section :)

Perhaps a dev-heaven.net project space? Comes with download section :)

Can I have a project page on dev-heaven?

Yay, GameFront is still being completely unresponsive to me. Can't wait for another mirror so I can get this downloaded.

Yay, GameFront is still being completely unresponsive to me. Can't wait for another mirror so I can get this downloaded.

Give me 5 minutes!

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Version 0.2.1 with some minor fixes: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/sqf-editor/files

http://www.multiupload.com/NH3RIX1ZPJ

Edited by Amra

Welcome to dev-heaven and thanks for the update.

Xeno

Thanks Amra - posted some feedback in your new project space :)

Some general questions:

# Anyone familiar with (code) templates in netbeans?

# Is it possible to have a "inside code editor diff that highlights modified lines vs the repository"? I saw some history based plugins, yet it might be part of a VCS bridge plugin?

# Is it possible to show the "code documentation" when highlighting a SQF command inside the app/the code of an open (SQF) file.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Thanks Amra - posted some feedback in your new project space :)

Some general questions:

# Is it possible to have a "inside code editor diff that highlights modified lines vs the repository"? I saw some history based plugins, yet it might be part of a VCS bridge plugin?

# Is it possible to show the "code documentation" when highlighting a SQF command inside the app/the code of an open (SQF) file.

Thank you for feedback! I will try to implement what I can. Some things would take a lot of time to implement some not.

1. Will try to implement templates.

2. I think it's possible.

3. Not sure if it's standard Netbeans feature.

You are welcome. :)

"source - show method parameters" or "source - show documentation" would probably show it, if it were to recognize SQF commands as methods.

Same would be useful for functions.

ref 2: Yep it is already available if one activates the git plugin. :)

picture001.jpg

picture002.jpg

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

I might be missing the option somewhere, but is it possible to increase the delay with which the code dropdown suggestion box pops up?

I'm finding it activates basically constantly when I have a partial command typed or even just nothing and I can't just type/arrow through it, I have to reach up and hit ESC which is cumbersome. :)

Toggle "source - insert code" (ALT + Insert)

Great job.

The funny thing - I've been workin on exactly the same approach... Not sure if I should proceed now. =)

Join forces :]

1. Tools->Options->Editor->Code Templates->Language( = sqf?) - put there whatever you want and be happy. =)

2. If the project is versioned - appropriate NetBeans plugin does it automatically, including pretty much advanced features like resolving conflicts, diffing revisions or files etc.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Join forces :]

Not sure that is possible. I plan to be pretty much slow in development, willing to make it robust and understand every single step I do. This project from what I see is being developed too fast for me. =)

1. Tools->Options->Editor->Code Templates->Language( = sqf?) - put there whatever you want and be happy. =)

2. If the project is versioned - appropriate NetBeans plugin does it automatically, including pretty much advanced features like resolving conflicts, diffing revisions or files etc.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Not sure that is possible. I plan to be pretty much slow in development, willing to make it robust and understand every single step I do. This project from what I see is being developed too fast for me. =)

To be honest I just wanted to make handy-fancy tool for myself. So I just followed tutorials at Netbeans site. And now I'm in a blind alley with new features because of lack of Java knowledge (I'm a C++ programmer). Have to stop and read more about Java and ANTLR. So if anyone wants to and is much stronger in Java and Netbeans Platform API I can share sources.

To be honest I just wanted to make handy-fancy tool for myself. So I just followed tutorials at Netbeans site. And now I'm in a blind alley with new features because of lack of Java knowledge (I'm a C++ programmer). Have to stop and read more about Java and ANTLR. So if anyone wants to and is much stronger in Java and Netbeans Platform API I can share sources.

Well I'm doing exactly the same thing you do, but building most of the things myself. Mostly because I want to learn Java. My knowladge is not much better then yours for that matter, but my aim is to study Java, not just to make a fancy tool to work with. ;)

Since I'm building most of the things from scratch (for example right now working on the Lexer for SQF files), I'm not sure if sharing will help. Thanks for the proposal though.

Point taken DiRaven. Do you also use netbeans as a base?

Point taken DiRaven. Do you also use netbeans as a base?

Yes, 7.0.

Amra, were you able to solve internationalization issue? I keep getting everything behind ASCII charset as ???. Can you share the idea of solving the problem?

Edited by DiRaven

Also, Amra, do you keep working on the project? If you do not plan to keep it going - I could try to. Just don't want to make additional thread with the same content if you plan to keep working.

Also, Amra, do you keep working on the project? If you do not plan to keep it going - I could try to. Just don't want to make additional thread with the same content if you plan to keep working.

Hello DiRaven! I would like to keep working on the project, but not now because of job and family problems. So if my source code can help you (or anyone who's interested), I'll post it at dev-heaven this evening.

It seems I had no internationalization issues, so can't say anything for sure. But I've notices my layer.xml has "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" by default. Maybe that's the reason.