Sign in to follow this  
Amra

SQF Editor

Hello DiRaven! I would like to keep working on the project, but not now because of job and family problems. So if my source code can help you (or anyone who's interested), I'll post it at dev-heaven this evening.

It seems I had no internationalization issues, so can't say anything for sure. But I've notices my layer.xml has "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" by default. Maybe that's the reason.

I've checked your version already. You have exactly the same problem I have. Just try on localized windows (whatever it is russian, japanese etc, just non-English) to put some native (non-ASCII) characters into the newly-created or existant file, then save the file. Close it. Open. You will have ???? instad of non-ascii symbols.

Ok, I'll post my version as it will be ready (hopefully soon, I've got few small things to fix before I can give it away to people for testing).

Amra thanks a lot for your work on this project, sharing your sources and being open about your plans!

Personally I am interested in an IDE as a long term project. So if you have little time these days,

it is no problem to me at all to return to you and your project later when your situation improves.

However the simple question for me right now is whether it is useful to post more ideas

and suggestions in your project space, or if - for now - it is more meaningful to

concentrate on spending all time on testing and providing feedback on DiRaven's project.

What do you say?

Amra thanks a lot for your work on this project, sharing your sources and being open about your plans!

Personally I am interested in an IDE as a long term project. So if you have little time these days,

it is no problem to me at all to return to you and your project later when your situation improves.

However the simple question for me right now is whether it is useful to post more ideas

and suggestions in your project space, or if - for now - it is more meaningful to

concentrate on spending all time on testing and providing feedback on DiRaven's project.

What do you say?

I won't have much time, so better concentrate on DiRaven's project.

Thanks - I appreciate your efforts a lot!

The IDE in the current state is already a good achievement and very helpful. :)

Update to v.1.0. Check Changelog.

Great, thanks for the update! This is one of the few tools that has a chance to pull me away from ArmAEdit. :)

Great, thanks for the update! This is one of the few tools that has a chance to pull me away from ArmAEdit. :)

Thank you for your kind words! Will try to do my best.

Gnat;1989664']Great contribution Amra !

Thanks.

Thank you! Small update, check first page.

Had a quick play of this and I have to say it's excellent work.

So much so that I may consider switching over from using UltraEdit to this, especially with the variable search within a project without having to have all the project/map scripts open.

Very handy for tracking down sneaky global variables.

Keep up the good work, very interested to see this develop!

How to add existing sources into a project?

e.g I have a mod with multiple addons in P:\x\cba

or just single addon P:\x\cba\addons\common

Thanks!

How to add existing sources into a project?

e.g I have a mod with multiple addons in P:\x\cba

or just single addon P:\x\cba\addons\common

Thanks!

Sorry, my English is not that good, so I'm not sure if I understand your question. You can copy source files you need on disk and paste them into the opened project. Thank you for using it! Hope I'll find time and willpower to finish it's grammar parser.

And I want to take the opportunity to thank you for A.C.E.!

Edited by Amra

NP, and thank you for this IDE :)

My wish is to be able to leave my source files in the original location: P:\x\cba\addons

but still use (add) them into a NetBeans SQF project, no copying.

It is standard functionality in NetBeans, e.g "Java Project with Existing sources":

2lbbzq0_thumb.png

NP, and thank you for this IDE :)

My wish is to be able to leave my source files in the original location: P:\x\cba\addons

but still use (add) them into a NetBeans SQF project, no copying.

It is standard functionality in NetBeans, e.g "Java Project with Existing sources":

2lbbzq0_thumb.png

That is not possible yet.

That is not possible yet.
That was clear, the question therefore is; Do you plan to add it, and when? :D

Memory leaks fixed yet?

Post in a project's bug report list with detailed description please. Checked it with Netbeans profiler and didn't find any.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

That was clear, the question therefore is; Do you plan to add it, and when? :D

I'm not going to work on editor in nearest future. Besides, since A3 will use Java it doesn't make sence.

Besides, since A3 will use Java it doesn't make sence.

A3 is a year or more away still. :) and Java is an option, SQF will still remain and seeing as they still haven't even released Java at all for TKOH I wouldn't expect it to be polished and the only choice by the time A3 comes out. I mean we had a 3D editor in A2 forever and a day and it still doesn't really work. heh

SQF Editor does not work with the new JDK, I updated my netbeans etc which I use for work and the sqf editor decided to just die on its opening screen.