Sign in to follow this  
Hand of MoscoW

Static radar landing system RSP-6M2

Just three words: Yes, yes, yes! ;)

Thank you very much for the time and work put in this, it's extremely pleasing to see the Zil back after so many years! Eagerly awaiting to test the above goodies in the evening ;)

PS: Those planes look sweet as well. Some of those were used in our airlines, so it's quite nostalgic (especially the turbopropeller Il-18, I still remember them from the mid-80's, shortly before they were replaced with Tu-154's).

@Donny

At once i apologize, but i do not know as to write all in one array, i will write as i know:

ZiL generator:

deploy:

name setfuel 0;
name animate ["RightSideWin1", 1];
name animate ["RightSideWin2", 1];
name animate ["RightSideCable1", 0];
name animate ["LeftSideWin1", 1];
name animate ["SideLadderAnim", 1];
name animate ["BackLadderAnim", 0];
name animate ["LeftSideWin2", 1]

open doors:

name animate ["LeftDoorAnim", 1];
name animate ["RightDoorAnim", 1]

open cowl:

name animate ["KapotAnim", 1]

ZiL antenna:

deploy:

name setfuel 0;
name animate ["RightWin3Anim", 1];
name animate ["RightWin2Anim", 1];
name animate ["RightWin1Anim", 1];
name animate ["CableOnSideAnim", 0];
name animate ["BlockAnim", 0];
name animate ["LeftWin1Anim", 1];
name animate ["LeftWin2Anim", 1];
name animate ["BlockCablesAnim", 0];
name animate ["SideLadderAnim", 1];
name animate ["BackLadderAnim", 0];
name animate ["BackAnt1Anim", 1];
name animate ["BackAnt2Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock7Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock6Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock5Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock4Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock3Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock2Anim", 1];
name animate ["Shtock1Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us1Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us2Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us3Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us4Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us5Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us6Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us7Anim", 1];
name animate ["Us8Anim", 1];
name animate ["Krepesh2Anim", 0];
name animate ["Krepesh2TransAnim", 1];
name animate ["Krepesh1Anim", 0];
name animate ["LeftWin3Anim", 1]

OdAZ-9970:

deploy:

name animate ["OdazWin1Anim", 1];
name animate ["OdazWin1CablesAnim", 0];
name animate ["OdazWin2Anim", 1];
name animate ["OdazWin2CablesAnim", 0];
name animate ["OdazWin3Anim", 1];
name animate ["OdazWin3CablesAnim", 0];
name animate ["OdazLadder1Anim", 1];
name animate ["OdazLadder2Anim", 1];
name animate ["Luk1Anim", 1];
name animate ["Luk1OporaAnim", 1];
name animate ["Luk2Anim", 1];
name animate ["Luk2OporaAnim", 1];
name animate ["Luk3Anim", 1];
name animate ["Luk3OporaAnim", 1];
name animate ["Luk4Anim", 1];
name animate ["Luk4OporaAnim", 1]

Ready for a tow:

name animate ["ValveRotateAnim", 1];
name animate ["OdazMainOpora3", 1];
name animate ["OdazMainOpora", 1];
name animate ["OdazMainOpora2", 1];
name animate ["OdazPinAnim", 1];
name animate ["RealOdazPinAnim", 1]

Starting station:

to pull out a cable:

name animate ["WinRRotAnim", 1];
name animate ["KrutiloRotateAnim", 1];
name animate ["Cable2Animapa1", 0]

KP-4:

to hide a cable:

name animate ["cables1", 1];
name animate ["SideWindowAnim1", 1]

KP-2:

to hide a cable:

name animate ["cables2", 1];
name animate ["SideWindowAnim2", 1]

KP-1G:

to hide a cable:

name animate ["cables", 1];
name animate ["SideWindowAnim", 1]

Edited by Hand of MoscoW

Hi, thanks for that :)

Works perfect, when I put this into the init of the Vehicle.

greetings

Zils look amazing, not to mention the trailer & crazy detailed objects... kudos!

Oh, I have one additional note.

When I have built up the ZIl 131 Antenna, there are some cables going up to something which has an shadow, looks like an small object what is invisible :)

heres an picture: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/Wiz15/antenna.jpg

I have tried to reproduce visually your situation, but anything such haven't found, is strange:

-pav9I1KsZI

Edited by Hand of MoscoW

Verrrrry nice addons!

That's the kind of addons I miss: Everybody is makeing outstanding models of tanks / units etc. But these things that make a scenario credible and also give a mission maker many new 'targets' are allmost totaly forgotten...Thanks for the radars, the Zils and everything else Hand of Moscow!

now, I do have a couple of questions too:

I downloaded the 'unfinished' WoR / WoP planes and was nearly crying over the variety and beauty of the planes. I especialy fell in love with the modern MI17s, but they do have a (in my opinion however) huge problem with their rotors, when they are airborne and are about 100 meters away from you, you can see two rotors (one where the blades point downwards like it's standing on the ground and one where the blades point upwards like they do on all Arma helos) is there a way to fix this? Afaik the work on this pack is discontiniued but I was hoping something can be done to make them close to perfect ;)

Oh and: is it possible to 'hide' the missiles on the Mig25 after they were fired? right now they still appear under the wings even if you are out of missiles....

and finally: would it be possible to have some more 'soviet' versions of the transport planes and maybe the blackjack too I was hoping to find a soviet IL76 or AN22 / AN8 somewhere, but :( ?

still, it is such a nice pack you guys should continue to work on and release it :D

Oh ok, now I am really confused and get skeptic about how I downloaded the addons, checked everything, all fine.

Tested it with my mates and they dont see this object too, mhh I will look at it tomorrow maybe we have setup something wrong.

Here is my video about that, once I made it like you in your video and the second one manual per action menu

@Donny, I have sent you the message.

@FLv*VeNoM*, about VoP/VoR i know about all these defects, but i am not engaged in it, and simply i use that.

In all this sometimes is engaged Mukcep, when there is a free time.

man i'm loving these radars. Do you know if you plan on making the radars themselves packable for transport? if not they are still awesome. lol now if we can get some sa-2s and sa-5s to go with them lol :) thanks for the great work, now i have some good stuff to use for SEAD missions and what not.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Oh, I have one additional note.

When I have built up the ZIl 131 Antenna, there are some cables going up to something which has an shadow, looks like an small object what is invisible :)

heres an picture: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/Wiz15/antenna.jpg

i'm having the same issue. In your video there is a transformer like object there. However when i deploy the ant the object is missing. it might be something simple like a line of anim code left out that would cause it to appear.

Man, these are some fantastic addons for Arma 2. Recreations of real world equipment like this is what gives Arma 2 it's realism factor. These radar sites can be the foundation for some great Russian missions where the objective is to defend the equipment from black ops teams that are trying to destroy them in the middle of the night.

Quick question, in your first release of "Objects for Radars" on the opening page of this thread you say there is a pre configured template "CablesForRadars.utes", the example mission template isn't in the latest release of your "Objects for Radars V1.2" file. Could you perhaps post a link to this mission template?

To add, playing as a Russian truck driver trying to back up into the pin on the 9970 is VERY difficult!!! But once you get it and the pin is in place the truck pulls the trailer very nicely! You just have to be careful and go VERY slow around corners or else you will lose your load or jack-knife the trailer, lol.

Great addon!

Edited by Jocko-Flocko

Great addon and a must have for every Armaholic in here. I had the same 'Bad version 50' error but if you load it with Combined Operations there is no problems or errors so i guess CO is a must have for this one. Will be making an article for the fans i only have to think of a proper name for this great pack of addons!

Edit: The article is finished: soviet-union-radar-systems-a-zil-131

Edited by larsiano

This is awesome! Just what I needed for my mission, the terrain it is on is not level and way to many trees. This will be perfect! Hope to see some more radars units from you as well. Has anyone made a Sunburn, Styx, Woodland SA-2 (RACS has a Desert one), or maybe a Goa?

really great job i use your trucks for make a HQ with acre for a Coop campaign that's perfect ! i wait the next release of your object and i have a question are you planning to make some radar and Comms truck for the blufor too ?

Thanks guys), and concerning other models most likely no, i want to complete everything that i conceived earlier.

Maybe in the future when you finished your current models it would be great to see a PRV-16 or a P-15 radar. Anyway thanks for your outstanding work!

Hi Hand of MoscoW! What's the status of the mod? Still working on the S-300?

Exellent stuff, Hand of Moskow! Your work really fills with enthusiasm.

Some questions about the addon, please:

1. The P-37 addon includes antenna and generator van tracks with static and drivable versions noticeably differing from each other. Could you, please, explain the intent of that?

Three variants are hypothesized:

A. The difference reflects different modifications of the same vehicles and with each P-37 radar I should use only 2 static antenna/generator Zils (one modification) or 2 movable ones (another modification).

B. All four Zil van tracks (both static and drivable) are supposed to be used with one P-37 representing the whole system, for example, main and reserve power stations, control/indicator van, and comms van to transmit radar information.

C. The static antenna & generator versions were the "quick fix" for the initial addon release and with the later, more advanced versions, the first ones have been left just to enhance the variety.

2. Please, advice on employment of KP-2 and KP-4 van trailers from objects for radars? Judging by their names these vans are C2 or indicator posts, but for which radars? P-37, which addon has no separate indicator vehicle? Or do they represent elements of attached signal/automated control system? Or they are just generic and are supposed to be used to fill any position within a radar facility?

The info is needed to create missions with correct composition of radar sites equipped with P-37/PRV-13. The internet says that in Soviet military theese were organized around radar companies of AD troops's Radiotechnical Bns/Bdes or radar nodes of Fighter Air Division's Separate Signal and Radiotechnical Support Bns and typically included 1-2 radar long-range finders/surv radars, 1 - 4 radar altimeters, integrated with communications and C2 systems. Every radar needs 2 to 8 more specialized vehicles/trailers to operate. But due to numerous modifications and contradictory information I found it quite difficult to set a proper radar installation with the addon based on real-life manuals, photos, and schemes.

Thanks in advance )

tnx for cute radar =)

always nice to had such stuff to play with -)

is any chance to see something like 96L6 Radar too, for example ? :)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/96l6.htm

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-Low-Band-Radars.html#mozTocId240523

or creepy-looking 22Zsh6 http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-Low-Band-Radars.html#mozTocId404382 radar ? :-)